Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

3 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

WTF are the Bears doing is my question.  This is something a SB contender should be doing, not some bottom of the barrel team about to draft a rookie QB.  Allen doesn’t have many years left.

With the cap room that they have and a QB on a rookie deal, it makes sense to get him a veteran.

Keenan is a throwback that still produces at a high level, but without adequate QB play he's going to fall off a cliff.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. I think they are the most confusing team build in the NFL at the moment. None of it makes much sense to me.

I think this sums up what I feel about the Bears build this off season. Same with other teams we see try this approach over and over (Dolphins for instance).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I sort of understand the Panthers though.... they are bound to be confusing... they are on their fifth coach in three seasons including interims and the GM is new as well. Poles and Eberflus are in year 3 in Chicago. There should be some sense of what the build is supposed to be by now. 

If Terry Pegula knew just a *little* bit more about football this could have been our fate as Bills fans.   The fact that he didn't and started to get a taste of the embarrassment with the Rex debacle inclined him to turn ops over to McDermott and Beane.    Fortunately Pegula's sporting confidence was in his hockey opinions otherwise establishing an all-time NHL record for consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs may have equally manifested itself on the football field as well.   These super-rich new owners like Tepper all in some from seem to think that they can use their business acumen to get over on all these other owners even though they've rigged it to prevent their business tactics from impacting the standings.  It's like a right of passage for them to gently advise and then watch the new guy run around in circles and tire himself out if he wants to.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Terry Pegula knew just a *little* bit more about football this could have been our fate as Bills fans.   The fact that he didn't and started to get a taste of the embarrassment with the Rex debacle inclined him to turn ops over to McDermott and Beane.    Fortunately Pegula's sporting confidence was in his hockey opinions otherwise establishing an all-time NHL record for consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs may have equally manifested itself on the football field as well.   These super-rich new owners like Tepper all in some from seem to think that they can use their business acumen to get over on all these other owners even though they've rigged it to prevent their business tactics from impacting the standings.  It's like a right of passage for them to gently advise and then watch the new guy run around in circles and tire himself out if he wants to.  

Yep. His best decision as the owner of the Bills has been to stay out of football affairs.

• Like (+1) 5

Is there any chance that Beane and his boys could get a "handshake" deal to bring in a Safety (or maybe another position of need)

AFTER June 1st when Beane has more funds to actually sign a contract?  Maybe not at this moment, but when things get tighter

and the market is drying up.

Has anyone heard rumors if something like this has happened in the past?  Just curious.

41 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Harrison Phillips is available?

He's not. He's got one year left on his contract in Minnesota, with a cap hit of 8.83m 

I like Harrison. But unless he's released, it doesn't make much sense to me to give up a Draft Pick and pay that much for him.

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Is there any chance that Beane and his boys could get a "handshake" deal to bring in a Safety (or maybe another position of need)

AFTER June 1st when Beane has more funds to actually sign a contract?  Maybe not at this moment, but when things get tighter

and the market is drying up.

Has anyone heard rumors if something like this has happened in the past?  Just curious.

I mean, that's months from now. Maybe they wait and see what's around then. But there's no real point in setting up deals now or even a few weeks before. No player is going to pass on solid offers for something they can't put pen to paper to. At most it would be a "if you're still available when we have the money, we'll give you a call".

16 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, that's months from now. Maybe they wait and see what's around then. But there's no real point in setting up deals now or even a few weeks before. No player is going to pass on solid offers for something they can't put pen to paper to. At most it would be a "if you're still available when we have the money, we'll give you a call".

I figured as much.  Just was curious if anyone heard of it happening.  It would be a lot of trust between the GM and agent.

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I was told Blackmon is off their radar because of his medicals.

And Blackmon's also more of a Strong Safety than a Free Safety. My feeling is that Taylor Rapp is pegged for Strong.

Guys like Justin Simmons and Qandre Diggs feel a little older than I feel like we're looking at (and Simmons is going to be super expensive). 

I feel like we're getting into slim pickens department at Safety. Maybe an Ashtyn Davis or a Mike Edwards? Starting to feel more and more like a Round 2 scenario with a lesser known vet FA.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And Blackmon's also more of a Strong Safety than a Free Safety. My feeling is that Taylor Rapp is pegged for Strong.

Guys like Justin Simmons and Qandre Diggs feel a little older than I feel like we're looking at (and Simmons is going to be super expensive). 

I feel like we're getting into slim pickens department at Safety. Maybe an Ashtyn Davis or a Mike Edwards? Starting to feel more and more like a Round 2 scenario with a lesser known vet FA.

Bring in K'Von Wallace to compete to start, at the very least he's be solid depth. He's got youth and flexible to play both Safety spots can play slot CB in a pinch.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

Unless there's a Beane After Dark - looking like today is the first day since Tampering opened where we don't do anything.

Monday - Re-signs AJ Epenesa, Daquan Jones, and Cam Lewis

Tuesday - Signs Nicholas Morrow

Wednesday - Signs Mack Hollins

Thursday - Signs Curtis Samuel, Re-Signs Ty Johnson

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Unless there's a Beane After Dark - looking like today is the first day since Tampering opened where we don't do anything.

Monday - Re-signs AJ Epenesa, Daquan Jones, and Cam Lewis

Tuesday - Signs Nicholas Morrow

Wednesday - Signs Mack Hollins

Thursday - Signs Curtis Samuel, Re-Signs Ty Johnson

I hope he sees your post and signs Simmons just to spite you and your grounded posts. Some of us want to fly higher than an Allen 70 yard bomb😂