Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sorry, can u tell me who we have lost that matters? Hyde was retiring no matter what. Poyer was bad. We all knew Davis was gone. I wish Epenesa was gone too.

Can u explain how this is a rebuild when the vast majority of the core players are still here??

The team has lost 6 starters - C, WR, FS, SS, Edge, and CB. That is a lot to lose in one season. It doesn't matter if they were expected to be gone or not. Some have a plan to replace and some do not. But if the guys that are gone are no big deal why were they starting on a super bowl contender? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I like Pittsburgh and they fact they are always trying to be a contender and never settle but at some point they have to realise the problem is their offense and need to apply the appropriate finances on that side of the ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BBFL said:

I like Pittsburgh and they fact they are always trying to be a contender and never settle but at some point they have to realise the problem is their offense and need to apply the appropriate finances on that side of the ball. 

You look at what they can do with no talent and they become scary when they have some pieces. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Ravens will be better with Henry. Cannot question that.

It's possible, but maybe not. Henry used to line up much further behind the QB than most RB's. It gave him time to get up to speed. He's always been a downhill runner. Now most of his reps are going to come basically at a standstill beside Lamar in Shotgun. Honestly, I don't like the fit. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

That is exactly what I think is going to happen.  I think, and again I say THINK, we have done all we are going to do until the draft.  Post June 1st he will look at the roster then see about adding on.

Guys this is an almost rebuild year. We went all in and failed and as Beane said "the Bill comes due" and it did this year. This is why all offseason last year some of us said make the cuts then, don't "run it back". No Hyde, or poyer, and make some needed cuts and rely on the draft so that THIS offseason we would have taken the hit and could invest.  

Have you actually seen teams go "all in"? The 49ers went all-in, the Rams went all-in, the Eagles went all-in.

We did the opposite. This team has been running back the same team for years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

You look at what they can do with no talent and they become scary when they have some pieces. 

Revert back to the final seasons with Big Ben, they refused to build an OLine to protect him and facilitate the ground game. I don’t get it. Their identity and mantra is all about being a hard nosed, take it to you team but the intricacies of today’s football show you have to have complimentary pieces. 

Get RBs and WRs when you have no line play or semblance of QB… Sure they tried with Trubisky and Pickett but they weren’t and are not the answer for sustained success. Neither is Wilson. 

Speaking of Wilson, when Seattle where stuck in that myriad of mediocrity they were drafting and signing younger guys pretty much every year until they got it right with Wilson. Don’t know why teams choose a different Avenue. Even the Pats were drafting guys at relatively high picks to back up Brady which in turn netted them more capital in the form of trades. 

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Have you actually seen teams go "all in"? The 49ers went all-in, the Rams went all-in, the Eagles went all-in.

We did the opposite. This team has been running back the same team for years.

To an extent, yes. But it wasn’t broke and we dominated. Sure it was just the regular season and we faltered in the Playoffs but there was always a chance to make it work with what we had. 

Now, at least imo, is the time to just focus and go all in on riding the talent of Josh. Give him everything and anything to be even better than he has. 

12 minutes ago, BBFL said:

They had a franchise QB paid at top dollar for over a decade. They invested in OL. Took a RB in first round. They have had multiple productive WRs. They never found a good TE though.

Like moat teams, they just screwed up the QB position after their star retired.  They are going for the quick fix with Wilson, much like Buffalo did with Bledsoe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They had a franchise QB paid at top dollar for over a decade. They invested in OL. Took a RB in first round. They have had multiple productive WRs. They never found a good TE though.

Like moat teams, they just screwed up the QB position after their star retired.  They are going for the quick fix with Wilson, much like Buffalo did with Bledsoe.

It's worked in recent history - Manning, Stafford, Brady, and a few years back maybe even Warner, Gannon, Johnson count as success stories.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The team has lost 6 starters - C, WR, FS, SS, Edge, and CB. That is a lot to lose in one season. It doesn't matter if they were expected to be gone or not. Some have a plan to replace and some do not. But if the guys that are gone are no big deal why were they starting on a super bowl contender? 

They already replaced CB and C, possibly SS as well. 

It seems inevitable that WR is addressed in RD1 or RD2. That leaves an additional edge rusher and FS.

It's not a situation that's "no big deal" but they're in fine shape. 

Just now, Draconator said:

I’d love to get Young on a 1 year $6-$7M contract.  If he shows out, potential comp pick, if he is meh, it’s good rotational depth.  

that being said he will probably get a 6 year $200M contract the way this offseason has been going. 

• Agree 1