Tee Higgins Requests Trade

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

This most likely IMO ends up with a Higgins extension in Cincinnati. We've seen this before from other players. Also, there is no way the Bengals would be willing to move him to Buffalo and make use potentially better without a SEVERE over pay in draft capital.

Keep the picks and take a cost controlled WR in a draft class filled with potential studs 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

This most likely IMO ends up with a Higgins extension in Cincinnati. We've seen this before from other players. Also, there is no way the Bengals would be willing to move him to Buffalo and make use potentially better without a SEVERE over pay in draft capital.

Keep the picks and take a cost controlled WR in a draft class filled with potential studs 

I would guess if he's traded it's to the NFC 

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Why wouldn’t they trade Higgins? They probably want cost-controlled WR’s too.

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

My prediction, this is just a tactic to get Cincinnati to move on a long term extension. They won’t oblige the trade request and they will get a long term deal done. 

Well yeah, it's sign me an extension or trade me, and that should surprise no one.

and while people might say why not us, the contract would be a pain in the ass, but the main thing is they'd never send him to the Bills, just like they'd never send him to the Chiefs or maybe at this point Texans.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Not sure if I want him at the price he'll demand but I'd love for another team out of the AFC to.

He's gonna get paid by someone and Cinci will get a 1/2 pick.

NFL Rosters are so fluid.

These players are babies. 

"I got tagged on a one year deal for 20 million dollars. Wahhhhhhh, wahhhhh. The team hasn't negotiated with me long term yet even though they have until July 15th. Wahhhhhh, wahhhhhh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

The Bengals organization is the biggest dumpster fire.

They were the last NFL franchise to not have an indoor training facility which they literally are building now. Carson Palmer is among the loudest voices that have said they will waste Joe Burrow because they are so cheap and never maximize what they have with him. The bengals are one of the few remaining franchises where the team is the sole revenue generator for the owners.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

They were the last NFL franchise to not have an indoor training facility which they literally are building now. Carson Palmer is among the loudest voices that have said they will waste Joe Burrow because they are so cheap and never maximize what they have with him. The bengals are one of the few remaining franchises where the team is the sole revenue generator for the owners.

it drives me nuts that they were Aaron Donald being 1 second later on 4th down from Burrow hitting a wide open WR to win the Super Bowl and Allen hasn't even gotten a shot yet

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Why wouldn’t they trade Higgins? They probably want cost-controlled WR’s too.

Oh, I'm sure they would if someone stepped up with an offer that was magnificent. Outside of a franchise QB, almost every player is available at the right compensation. 

For them, it would make sense to keep him as he's proven that in that offense with what they have around him he can succeed and keep their offense strong. Less of a gamble of production loss rather than rolling with a rookie...and they need a strong offense as their defense has lost a ton of good pieces over the last 2 years.

The way this plays out could dictate their draft strategy. If Higgins is going to be there for a while then they likely don't go WR in the 1st. If Higgins is on the move then that could be another of the top talents off of the board.