Russ signs 1yr $1.2M deal with Pittsburgh

Process

So is he literally counting for $1.2M against the cap for the Steelers, is it really that simple?

If so what a deal for Pittsburgh.....yes he's washed but he's still 10x better than Pickett

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Process said:

So is he literally counting for $1.2M against the cap for the Steelers, is it really that simple?

If so what a deal for Pittsburgh.....yes he's washed but he's still 10x better than Pickett

they’ll be really interesting. If their offense is even average they become a threat

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Good move for the Steelers. Wilson just has to be not horrible and they are a playoff team. For 1.2 mil, that’s a good bet

They were a playoff team last year. They should just go 5-12 with Pickett and try to find an answer at QB.

Tomlin gonna Tomlin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Good move for the Steelers. Wilson just has to be not horrible and they are a playoff team. For 1.2 mil, that’s a good bet

Agree 

If anyone can wrangle those personalities it's Tomlin 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Wilson is a cancer.  And he really isn’t very good anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He was good last year

Meh, he had good numbers but he was playing what I’d call advanced Rodgers/Tyrod ball to do so.

He took some truly horrific sacks and had some really embarrassing throwaways to keep his efficiency looking nice. 

Which, for a team like the Steelers, may still be an upgrade, but I didn’t think he was good. He was maybe top 25.

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Wilson is a cancer.  And he really isn’t very good anymore.  

Really isn't very good is a major upgrade over what Pittsburgh has last season. And they are getting it for basically league minimum. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Process said:

I’m guessing he took a super friendly deal to stick it to the Broncos. Maybe he thought the Steelers were the best bet to knock them out of a wild card spot 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Weird.  I get that Denver is on the hook for $39m, but if I’m Wilson I’d want the Steelers to commit more to me than the vet minimum.  Steelers can move on or cut him if he struggles at all without thinking twice.  

His contract is a dollar for dollar offset, so he doesn’t get a penny more of actual money unless he gets paid more than $39 million.  The part that isn’t offset is the salary cap, so “earning” more would only hurt the team’s salary cap.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2