Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

This is wild.  I can't believe they did it.  I'm not necessarily against it, depending on what the plan is, but man.. this is a pretty emotional off-season.  On a human level, sad to see some of this, even if it may be necessary to make the jump to where we need to be. 

Anyone know what happens to the cap if he gets traded?

I can’t imagine they would trade him for pics, unless it moves them all the way to number four so they could get Marvin Harrison Jr. Like Dawkins +#28,+ whatever. 

More likely, an established player. Depends on the cap. 

Shouldn’t Thad Brown be calling his source at the Bills to verify?

1 minute ago, mathja said:

I can’t imagine they would trade him for pics, unless it moves them all the way to number four so they could get Marvin Harrison Jr. Like Dawkins +#28,+ whatever. 

Someone said yesterday that cap saving wasn’t much - so it must be the draft pick 

Edited by Aussie Joe

saving this for later, mind yo business...

Dion Dawkins is hilarious. I knew this was a joke all along.

Dion Dawkins is washed. I am glad we are moving on.

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wait wuuuuut

Look, this better be an amazing trade because cutting him makes zero, zero, zero sense. It would be an $11 M hit for less then $5 savings. Unless the Bills are getting a massive haul for him this would be an uncharacteristically bad deal from Beane after some really sharp moves.

Just now, mathja said:

Save a few million. Not anything that makes sense. I wouldn’t move on for cap reasons. I would only do it to move close to the top 10.

• Like (+1) 1

• Roundybout changed the title to Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY
2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Welcome to LT Mr. Van Denmark. A little bit of me thought this could happen. I’m not mad at it. He’s been very good for us but getting older and more expensive totally understandable 

Why would it be Van Demark if Dawkins left?  Look at it this way - there were some who thought about extending Dawkins this offseason.  Perhaps the Bills looked at his dietary issue last year and didn’t trust him with an extension.  And, perhaps, in view of said dietary issue they preferred to spend those dollars on a younger, perhaps better model at that position.   It’s time to get cold and calculating about this roster, and that would be one way to do it.  

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If they're really moving on have to think they have a plan that we just don't see yet because it really doesn't make sense to move on without one, if this is a joke from Dawkins after losing Hyde, Poyer, Trey, and Morse that'd be real ***** up.