Bills resigning Rapp

Process

I think Rapp helps and I am sure that money is much lower. I'll wait and see what they do at the other spot. On the surface, he seems like a box safety, but he played a bunch in the Hyde high safety role and he looked pretty good doing it. Rapp just needs to learn to wrap! 

16 hours ago, Process said:

Looks like starters money to me..

I really don't like this signing,  we"re better off keeping Poyer then this guy who played out of control and that seems like way too much money.  

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Rapp helps and I am sure that money is much lower. I'll wait and see what they do at the other spot. On the surface, he seems like a box safety, but he played a bunch in the Hyde high safety role and he looked pretty good doing it. Rapp just needs to learn to wrap! 

Actually, the pretty good tackler for a safety just needs to rain in the knockout hits that’s taking out his own players

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

More than I wanted to pay him, but figured this would happen.  Was hoping it would be for 3-4M a year tho

It very likely is 3-4 mil per year, remember, it is an “up to” 14 and change, with incentives, deal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is a solid move in my mind.  Is there even another safety on the roster?  Rapp is  at least a known quantity and he knows their scheme.  They are not done with this position so let’s see what they have in mind, but if people envisioned somehow capturing lightening in a bottle again with Hyde and Poyer replacements, I think they should adjust their short term expectations.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

This is a solid move in my mind.  Is there even another safety on the roster?  Rapp is  at least a known quantity and he knows their scheme.  They are not done with this position so let’s see what they have in mind, but if people envisioned somehow capturing lightening in a bottle again with Hyde and Poyer replacements, I think they should adjust their short term expectations.  

Bills will need to use whatever cap space they have to sign a starting safety along with DT and maybe a wr

6 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

With all the DB”s available in a flooded FA market we resign this bum?  I don’t get it. 

Your forecast is wrong as usual weatherman, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply

Don't love the signing to be honest, especially when you consider the FA pool.... There are gonna be some decent safeties going for little money because of how deep it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Don't love the signing to be honest, especially when you consider the FA pool.... There are gonna be some decent safeties going for little money because of how deep it is. 

I think the signing is fine, have the details been leaked yet? We know the max is 3years / 15 mil but how much of that is incentives? I think the Bills can still get one of these guys for a 1 year value deal and draft a safety in a later round too. 

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

why? Thought he brought a great intensity back there that McD loved

I don’t think he was great in pass coverage, and was a walking personal foul.

If the contract is actually full of incentives and the guaranteed money is more like a backup then it’s fine. But I’m hoping he at least has serious competition from another FA or draft pick for the starting role.

• Agree 1

At the end of the day, I think he is pretty much replacing Siran Neal. At worst, he is on special teams and maybe plays some dime. It's a safe add because he could potentially be one of the starting safeties and if he isn't he will still be productive and provide value. With all the safeties on the market I think it is obvious they will add 1 if not two. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

At the end of the day, I think he is pretty much replacing Siran Neal. At worst, he is on special teams and maybe plays some dime. It's a safe add because he could potentially be one of the starting safeties and if he isn't he will still be productive and provide value. With all the safeties on the market I think it is obvious they will add 1 if not two. 

If that is the case I'm fine with it. I am fine with Taylor Rapp being our 3rd safety and playing some dime. I'm less fine with him being pencilled in as a starter. 

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t think he was great in pass coverage, and was a walking personal foul.

If the contract is actually full of incentives and the guaranteed money is more like a backup then it’s fine. But I’m hoping he at least has serious competition from another FA or draft pick for the starting role.

Apparently from twitter he'll play SZ, last year played FS.

Makes perfect sense cause he'll be playing way more in the box and suits his style. Idk ,I'm a fan of the move. How many personal fouls? 2?

I just hope he opens his eyes this year when he flies in for a hit. He absolutely nailed our own players, while whiffing the offensive dude, multiple times last year... and they were usually head shots. If he goes for a kill shot, please please please, I hope he makes sure it's not taking out his teammate.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Apparently from twitter he'll play SZ, last year played FS.

Makes perfect sense cause he'll be playing way more in the box and suits his style. Idk ,I'm a fan of the move. How many personal fouls? 2?

He had a few close ones uncalled, and I think I remember him smoking his own teammate twice. He reminds me of Sandejo where he launches himself like a rocket when he hits. For his snap count, it was noticeable. Maybe McDermott can rein him in.

Edited by DapperCam

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.