Bills re-signing Edwards 2yr/$6M

I already liked the Bates trade, but now I REALLY like it.

Between VanDemark, Edwards, and Alec Anderson, our OL depth is off to a good start.

As for Edwards...any time you can sign a capable guard (who also essentially plays tight end in jumbo sets) to a fair deal, it's always a good day.

Congrats, David "TE3" Edwards.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 11

• BuffaloBillyG changed the title to Bills re-signing Edwards 2yr/$6M

We pretty much have our 8 Gameday Active OL set on March 6th. 

Really nice group.  Talented across the board.  Good mix of veteran and youth on the starting line, with a starting caliber veteran depth OG/Jumbo TE and two developmental players that the staff is high on that are now entering multiple years in the system.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

What's the story with this guy?  Just saw that he played offensive snaps in 15 regular season games and both postseason games but never more than 37% of them.  Why was there a rotation at Guard?  I've never heard of that.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

What's the story with this guy?  Just saw that he played offensive snaps in 15 regular season games and both postseason games but never more than 37% of them.  Why was there a rotation at Guard?  I've never heard of that.

Bills used him as their OL6/Jumbo TE in heavy packages last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Billl said:

There wasn't.

He played a handful of snaps for McGovern when he got dinged up here and there and had to come out. Played a few games late in games we had well in hand. Bulk of his snaps came and "6th OL/TE eligible" role. He's very solid at that spot.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Bills used him as their OL6/Jumbo TE in heavy packages last year.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

There wasn't.

He played a handful of snaps for McGovern when he got dinged up here and there and had to come out. Played a few games late in games we had well in hand. Bulk of his snaps came and "6th OL/TE eligible" role. He's very solid at that spot.

That makes sense.  I should have realized that given that I watched Buffalo jam it down the Chiefs' throat in the first half of the divisional round using an extra lineman.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

Will he be the backup Center as well as the #3 Guard ? ... IIRC he backed up Bates there last year.

He will be their primary guard backup and the jumbo package tackle. I imagine Alec Anderson and a draft pick will end up battling out for backup center. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Good, it’s the most important unit in support of our QB1. 

• Like (+1) 1