Is trading Milano something Bills should consider?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Basically. I’ve been saying this. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see Milano and Bernard together much last year though. I had a feeling Bernard was going to go off in the playoffs.

We saw enough of these 2 on the field together to feel extremely optimistic about the next couple seasons. I still think Dorian will develop into a plus LB to spell Milano/Bernard. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We saw enough of these 2 on the field together to feel extremely optimistic about the next couple seasons. I still think Dorian will develop into a plus LB to spell Milano/Bernard. 

I think Bernard will be do much better next year and will be named captain.

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

This is the kind of contract structure that keeps Bills at a cap disadvantage. Dead money tied to aging players.

Yeah I vividly remember him giving up a TD trying to cover Kelce in the 13 sec game. If only he was available to provide an encore to that remarkable performance. 

Yeah because LBs are covering Kelce 25 yards off the line of scrimmage in man coverage.

Milano is a bum !!!!

Edited by julian

24 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah because LBs are covering Kelce 25 yards off the line of scrimmage in man coverage.

Milano is a bum !!!!

If you’re saying that’s not realistic for LB’s to do then why did most everyone here blamed AJ Klein for Kelce going off this last game? If an all pro like Milano can’t be expected to keep up with Kelce, your inference, then why would anyone think AJ Klein should be able to?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We seem to want him though. And players rolling into your leg and it snapping isn’t really an injury prone injury.

Yeah but in the last 5 years he’s missed 

18 games

3 games

2 games

8 games

2 games

hes literally never finished an entire season in his career. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tuco said:

There is no shedding his cap hit by trading. They extended his contract last year in order to reduce huis cap hit last year. You know how that works? By taking money paid to him last year and prorating it over future years. Trading accelerates all that prorated cap to this year.

In other words, keeping him costs us $12.4 million against the cap. Trading him costs us $25.2 million against the cap. Trading him would result in us losing $12.5 million in cap space, plus we wouldn't have him on the team anymore, so his replacement on the roster would cost us that much more. 

Next.

end thread right here. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

If you’re saying that’s not realistic for LB’s to do then why did most everyone here blamed AJ Klein for Kelce going off this last game? If an all pro like Milano can’t be expected to keep up with Kelce, your inference, then why would anyone think AJ Klein should be able to?

I never said anything about Klein, if anybody is thinking Klein should be covering Kelce in man coverage they should be put on time out by the mods, that’s ridiculous.

Its definitely not realistic, Kelce is arguably the GOAT at his position and LBs just aren’t equipped to cover him in man so far down the field, heck it’s a very tough ask to cover him in any fashion for any player.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, julian said:

I never said anything about Klein, if anybody is thinking Klein should be covering Kelce in man coverage they should be put on time out by the mods, that’s ridiculous.

Its definitely not realistic, Kelce is arguably the GOAT at his position and LBs just aren’t equipped to cover him in man so far down the field, heck it’s a very tough ask to cover him in any fashion for any player.

Exactly! Kelce was going to go off regardless. He did it the following week against a very good safety as well.

That’s why I think it would not have mattered if Milano played in that game. Our offense had the ball with a chance to win at the end. That’s where it was lost. Hopefully the team will address that scenario this offseason and be back better when that opportunity presents itself again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Just being cautious with his words. A broken leg just doesn’t take that long.

Not all broken legs are equal. He suffered a very serious one.

6 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

With the emergence of Bernard, Dodson, Williams and Spector; and considering other holes to fill and limited cap space, does it make any sense to consider seeking a high pick for Milano?

I love Milano’s playing style and impact, it’s just interesting to think about what he could fetch in a trade/shedding his cap hit, and using a high pick in a loaded draft.

you justify this “idea” in part by citing the money aspect, which you got completely wrong.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agree that if it were just a broken leg he'd be cleared by now.  

I heard his bone was "delayed" in healing but no further complications or damage. There was a divot in the bone where he got hit, which takes longer to heal.

• Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not all broken legs are equal. He suffered a very serious one.

It really depends on the healing post surgery. If there are complications with surgery or something like that then it can take a long time to recover. I don’t think he’s had any complications.

12 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Exactly! Kelce was going to go off regardless. He did it the following week against a very good safety as well.

That’s why I think it would not have mattered if Milano played in that game. Our offense had the ball with a chance to win at the end. That’s where it was lost. Hopefully the team will address that scenario this offseason and be back better when that opportunity presents itself again. 

I 100% agree Milano or any other LB isn’t stopping Kelce, that being said it would be nice to have the defense as a whole play up to their regular season performances in January and February and not have to rely on the offense to score 30. The Bengals and KC defenses get better in the playoffs and McDermott’s D gets worse.

• Agree 1

I wouldnt start creating more holes on the roster.  Linebaker is pretty set with Benard, Milano, and Williams.  D line and Saftey are thin.  I would not want to add 3 down linebaker to the list of needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bernard does not make Milano expendable. Bernard is rising but is injury prone, just like Milano.  We need both, just to assure we have at least one in crunch time, though neither was available when we needed them most last year. 

Something has to give. 

We can't keep investing in DL, but also be told that we need stud linebackers, but oh we also need stud corners, and we need Taron Johnson... oh, and Safeties are really important in McDermott's Defense. 

Meanwhile we have huge contracts for Von and Oliver, have to weigh giving another one to Rousseau, are paying MIlano and Johnson, have 10M tied up in Douglas.. 6M in Poyer.   Dead weight big money until proven otherwise in Tre White.   This all before any moves we make in FA. 

If some team gave up a first round pick a less than 20, yeah. 

My rationale:  for the sake of argument, lets say we had a Justin Jefferson level player at WR - would you trade him for Milano if he wasn't on the Bills? Obviously the answer is no.

Using that argument as a starting point, if the Bills could bundle an acquired first rounder and an existing pick to get a 'can't miss WR', I'd take it in a heartbeat. Josh needs weapons to make the most of his high salary.

Diggs is getting older.

Gabe will be gone.

Until the LB unit was decimated by injury, the fill-ins did an adequate job.

Bernard is looking good.

Dorian Williams is a good prospect.

Dodson can play. 

Love Milano, but he's not a kid, has a higher cap hit, and reading into Bean's recent comments, Milano may not even be ready when the season starts, indicating his injury may be more serious than many of us suspected. 

As much as I'd hate to lose him, if it meant making the offense a high-flying feared unit, may answer would be go for it.

Currently, if Diggs gets injured and is out for any period, the season is probably over. Go get the economical star WR.