Anyone like me wanting Beane to hurry up? (Cap)

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

They need to do at least 3-4 extensions which take a lot of time.

Dawkins

Taron Johnson

Douglas

Maybe Morse, I would he has been great the last 2 years.

They will restructure Allen before any of them 

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

They need to do at least 3-4 extensions which take a lot of time.

Dawkins

Taron Johnson

Douglas

Maybe Morse, I would he has been great the last 2 years.

As @GunnerBill pointed out, in listening to the end of Beane's presser at the Combine - the feeling I got was that Douglas is more likely to be released or traded than extended.

59 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I am waiting to read:

Allen and a bunch of other restrux

Dawkins extended

Harty released

Hines released or renegotiated

Bates released or renegotiated

I think most of that is going to happen. Though releases for any of the bottom 3 may not happen.

As Joe B. pointed out with Harty, the options are:

a.) Release him and save 3.2m on the cap

b.) Restructure him and save 2.2m on the cap

So basically it comes down to a differential of 1 million between having him or not having him. I'm honestly fine with either decision.

But I feel like Beane would rather keep him. A second offseason with Allen could develop chemistry that wasn't there in Year 1 and I can easily see a situation where for a million, he'd rather see if continuity with Allen would pay dividends for just a million.

At worst, he'll be the 5th or 6th WR not seeing much reps or touches behind Diggs, Round 1 WR, Shakir, and Kincaid (possibly even a mid round WR above him) and be a good returner for just a million.

Hines will surely be renegotiated - but he won't be cut. At least not before the end of Training Camp. Pretty clear he and Beane made an arrangement where he'd have a shot to earn a spot this year in exchange for saving some space last year and his agent not causing a fuss about it. If we were to cut him, we would have done it last season. Makes no sense to keep him around and pay him anything just to cut him now if he weren't in the plans. Of which Beane has already said he is.

3 hours ago, Prospector said:

How are we supposed to win the offseason with all this sandbagging?!

don’t worry.  We will win the off season.  It is the most certain lock in all of sports. 

Even though the cap is supposedly not real, it sure does have a huge impact on team building & who we can potentially sign! 😉

Unfortunately, it feels like we're going to be pretty limited for another off-season, so we once again will be looking towards the draft for help. I'm excited either way, if only to see a healthy Milano & Bernard back out there, & Kincaid with a year of experience under his belt!

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The legal tampering period starts the 11th and FA the 13th so he has a little time. And I know he said he plans on being under the cap by the end of next week.

But I have Football ADHD dang it!  Make some moves so we know what's what!! 🤣

7WRx.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

He'll get us compliant by the time he needs to.

But if you're hoping to see a grand total of what we'll be working with at the start of Free Agency, that's not going to happen.

He'll be doing restructures, extensions, and releases all the way through the summer - making moves before or after other moves are made.

4 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

I'd rather him be meticulous and find good deals rather than get a show cow with mad cow disease and Foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) but I can see some as part of the mob wanting him to be in a hurry so they can start bashing him for not listening to their great plan from Madden NFL GM.

Haha, this is such a ridiculous post and I freaking love it, well done (I'm being serious)!

9 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The legal tampering period starts the 11th and FA the 13th so he has a little time. And I know he said he plans on being under the cap by the end of next week.

There's always therapy in the mean time.. like the whole mean time.. every minute..  and maybe after for a few decades.

• Agree 1

I believe regular fans will be disappointed. However, I think guys who have been brought in and groomed will be the answers. Kind of a cap reset. But true program to buy in. Cam Lewis, Dodson, Kingsley Jonathan, Jamarcus Ingram, Dorian Williams, Taylor rapp (resign). Will play big parts. Daquan, epenesa and bring poyer back to groom. Then draft well. Cut Hines, ford, hardy, matakevich, force tre to cut salary 50%. Gabe will be resigned. Fans will cry. That’s still a top 10 team. Stay healthy All year. And potentially…

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, CABraves-BillsFanSince1992 said:

I believe regular fans will be disappointed. However, I think guys who have been brought in and groomed will be the answers. Kind of a cap reset. But true program to buy in. Cam Lewis, Dodson, Kingsley Jonathan, Jamarcus Ingram, Dorian Williams, Taylor rapp (resign). Will play big parts. Daquan, epenesa and bring poyer back to groom. Then draft well. Cut Hines, ford, hardy, matakevich, force tre to cut salary 50%. Gabe will be resigned. Fans will cry. That’s still a top 10 team. Stay healthy All year. And potentially…

I’d let gabe walk depending on contract. We need a guy like Emmanuel sanders that can do it all like diggs. Opens the field up. But a true speedster is needed too.

12 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

lol what’s the hurry?  He’ll have everything done by the time it needs to get done 

1 minute ago, Westside said:

He’s the one who got us into this mess. Bad signings and mediocre draft picks.

The Von contact looks bad now since his knee injury.  He had 8 sacks going into the Thanksgiving game when he blew his knee out so he was worth that contract.  Beane can’t predict what happened to Von

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol what’s the hurry?  He’ll have everything done by the time it needs to get done 

The Von contact looks bad now since his knee injury.  He had 8 sacks going into the Thanksgiving game when he blew his knee out so he was worth that contract.  Beane can’t predict what happened to Von

What my disagreement with the Von signing is he was on the wrong end of thirty and drastically overpaid for him after drafting basham, epenesa and roussou (sp) who have all under performed for being high draft picks.

• Agree 1