Pit Bulls are so cuddly!!! Breed more of them.

BringBackFergy

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

okay Uncle. Enjoy your baby killed by dogs thread.  I'm out. for good.

actually no. ONE last Productive comment. If breeding of pitties is so deadly why not arrest the BREEDERS. The dogs themselves did not ask to be born.

WOOF says muppy ADIOS

my condolences to the babies  being used as tabloid fodder in this thread

GRACIAS!

33 minutes ago, muppy said:

okay Uncle. Enjoy your baby killed by dogs thread.  I'm out. for good.

actually no. ONE last Productive comment. If breeding of pitties is so deadly why not arrest the BREEDERS. The dogs themselves did not ask to be born.

WOOF says muppy ADIOS

my condolences to the babies  being used as tabloid fodder in this thread

¡HOLA!

Because $$$, business.  Sadly, trade trumps truth in this country.  Trade is king. 😕 

2 hours ago, muppy said:

I mean if they did outlaw the breed that's who'd get the fine/punishment as well, with the dogs if that was the law I'd imagine it'd be something pretty sad, but it is still something that unfortunately also still happens every day do to pet overpopulation in shelters.

Where I'm at these pos dogs are constantly put down... no one wants to "adopt" them. Pit/pitties/mixes..whatever you want to call them... are a nuisance breed of dog really in the USA... they aren't smart dogs like border collies, or even poodles etc. for sure.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T&C said:

Where I'm at these pos dogs are constantly put down... no one wants to "adopt" them. Pit/pitties/mixes..whatever you want to call them... are a nuisance breed of dog really in the USA... they aren't smart dogs like border collies, or even poodles etc. for sure.

Sadly, it's the breeders that are the biggest problem.

The dogs are just dogs and they've been overbred. 

On 2/25/2024 at 7:45 PM, Goin Breakdown said:

I remember the AKC at one point and maybe it's still this way, but they had pit bulls rated higher than Goldens as far as well temperament. 

I would need to see that evidence.  Do Not Believe.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:36 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

¡HOLA!

Because $$$, business.  Sadly, trade trumps truth in this country.  Trade is king. 😕 

I mean, if it's not illegal to breed or own a pit or a pit mix, you can't arrest the breeders, they've broken no law.

Edited by Beck Water

On 3/5/2024 at 8:28 AM, muppy said:

you seek to end the breed. Hence no killing involved with that RIGHT. okie dokie gugny. I expect that you would shed zero tears in any case. less risk to the public TCK

you are arguing behind a technicality that no pitbull eradication squads have been formed. lol

whatever.

Well....if people stop breeding pitbulls and pitbull mixes, it seems logical that the current breed individuals will age and pass on eventually then there will be no more

No killing (except mercy euthenasia of geriatric sufferers) need be involved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/18/2024 at 10:50 AM, Beck Water said:

Well....if people stop breeding pitbulls and pitbull mixes, it seems logical that the current breed individuals will age and pass on eventually then there will be no more

No killing (except mercy euthenasia of geriatric sufferers) need be involved.

i have had two pitty rescues..one from pup stage, and one that just recently been in the shelter for 2 years. These dogs are not bred, especially in the city where every shelter /rescue/SPCAis over 60% pittie mixes. Never getting rid of the mixes, ever. 

The one we have had from a pup is the most timid, gentle dog we have ever had...and I have had collie mix, 3 labs, 2  goldens, and a Doberman in college LOL

The one from the shelter just had too much difficulty adjusting to two other dogs in the house, she had to go back to rescue to be in a single dog house. With humans she was  gentle and loving , but she was a resource guarder and not a great mix for dogs not used to that. 

And that is a trait in any dog breed, not just pittie

• 2 weeks later...

The family pittie saved lives from a deranged Ill-annoyan high on the MaryJane committing a stabbing spree:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/family-attacked-in-illinois-stabbing-spree-praises-son-dog-for-saving-their-lives/ar-BB1kICGP

Brandy you're a fine dog, what a nice family pet you'd be...

"...Weber said she and her two kids — all of whom have visible injuries — were home Wednesday afternoon when she took her pit bull, Brandy, out the back door and heard a man say "hey" to her before he stabbed her in the face.

As she crawled through the house screaming for Vollman to help her, she said, Brandy jumped on and bit the man, giving her enough time to escape.  ..."

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The family pittie saved lives from a deranged Ill-annoyan high on the MaryJane committing a stabbing spree:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/family-attacked-in-illinois-stabbing-spree-praises-son-dog-for-saving-their-lives/ar-BB1kICGP

"...Weber said she and her two kids — all of whom have visible injuries — were home Wednesday afternoon when she took her pit bull, Brandy, out the back door and heard a man say "hey" to her before he stabbed her in the face.

As she crawled through the house screaming for Vollman to help her, she said, Brandy jumped on and bit the man, giving her enough time to escape.  ..."

Was the man dressed as a four year old sitting in a pack and play? That would explain the dog’s behavior. 

On 3/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

This pit deserves this.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Mary Jane LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Thank you (+1) 1