Bengals franchise tag Tee Higgins

Roundybout

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ribs and hamstring in 2023 I believe

One could say he is injury prone, that is if we are talking about Gabe, again I have no idea what is up with Higgins, ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

6 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

So does this mean we have to worry about the Bengals again or can we still pretend we just need to figure out how to beat one teamย 

ย 

Everyone knows the Bengals are scary when Burrow is healthy. Stop making stuff up.ย 

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

ย 

Everyone knows the Bengals are scary when Burrow is healthy. Stop making stuff up.ย 

Iโ€™ll believe we can beat the Bengals when I see it happen. ย Weโ€™re fortunate theyโ€™re in a very tough division.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

One could say he is injury prone, that is if we are talking about Gabe, again I have no idea what is up with Higgins, ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Im talking Higgins lol ๐Ÿ˜‚. Gabe definitely has had it share. Someone will overpay for him

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

So does this mean we have to worry about the Bengals again or can we still pretend we just need to figure out how to beat one teamย 

ย 

We at least know how and have beaten the Chiefs multiple times. Have had multiple chances late in the game to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs.

ย 

We haven't really been competitive against the Bengals on either side of the ball, but on defense in particular. We have no clue how to beat the Bengals. Three straight games they've started the game with back to back scoring drives to open up the game.ย 

• Agree 2

On 2/23/2024 at 10:47 PM, FireChans said:

If the Bungles donโ€™t get a long term deal done, I donโ€™t think they are out of the first round market at all.

ย 

Smart teams would draft a WR before it becomes a big need.

That last sentence ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

On 2/23/2024 at 10:09 PM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Jesus I can't imagine what their cap looks like when they have to pay Chase as well.ย 

It will be rough but they can backload a lot of their contracts and re structure their big ones.

ย 

Bengals window will be at least 2-3 more years until they start running into cap issues

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If they are smart they let another team sign him, decline to match, and gather draft picks.

Considering that hasnโ€™t happened in like 25 years I wouldnโ€™t hold my breathย 

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

frank clark, Clowney and ngakoue all were tagged and traded

My fault I misunderstood, I thought you meant another team just signing a franchise guy.ย 
ย 

I also donโ€™t think anyone is willing to trade for him-heโ€™s not worth a first round pick and the contract a team would sign him to. Lots of good young receivers in the draftย 

38 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Considering that hasnโ€™t happened in like 25 years I wouldnโ€™t hold my breathย 

They don't have to ask for two first-rounders which is normally the cost.ย  Or trade him to someone like Washington who has a ton of cap room.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

My fault I misunderstood, I thought you meant another team just signing a franchise guy.ย 
ย 

I also donโ€™t think anyone is willing to trade for him-heโ€™s not worth a first round pick and the contract a team would sign him to. Lots of good young receivers in the draftย 

commanders would be my bet. Two early second rounders. Terry and him with a rookie qb would be huge for developmentย 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:51 PM, GunnerBill said:

Yea but they are going to have to pay Chase this year. The elite guys want paying as soon as they come due now - after year 3. If they don't pay Chase expect it to get tense quite quickly. Now the way you do that normally is you give him a huge chunk of change as a bonus so that it doesn't make a big dent in the cap until after the rookie contract years are done. But Mike Brown is a cash to cap guy. He doesn't have deep pockets to start throwing a lot of money around up front and then just account for it on the cap over the long term. It just makes it tricky.ย 

ย 

I don't think this is the right play by the Bengals (and I have always liked Tee a lot) unless they are going to try the much talked about, rarely executed, tag and trade option turn that 3rd round comp pick into a 1st or high 2nd maybe?

ย 

Not necessarily.ย  Usually that happens if the player was drafted outside of the 1st round and explodes, like Metcalf.ย  Justin Jefferson is a better WR, was taken later in the 1st round of his draft than Chase was and a year earlier (means he got less in his rookie contract), and he's not demanding a new contact.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

ย 

Not necessarily.ย  Usually that happens if the player was drafted outside of the 1st round and explodes, like Metcalf.ย  Justin Jefferson is a better WR, was taken later in the 1st round of his draft than Chase was and a year earlier (means he got less in his rookie contract), and he's not demanding a new contact.

ย 

Fair.ย 

Cincy hitting Higgins with the tag so quickly tells us that they wonโ€™t be signing him long term. He either gets traded or plays on it this season and walks next. Either is a win for the Bengals, though a trade is the more favorable. To the end they made sure to tag him before the combine, where potential deals can be discussed. Smart move on their part.ย 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.