2024 Value Free Agents

khlax3

Assuming the price is right, I think Curtis Samuel could be everything we hoped McKenzie and Hardy could be in this offense.

I also think Mooney could be a nice bargain basement pickup: he's never had a legitimate passing threat at the QB position, and I think pairing him with Josh could help him explode -- or at least evolve into J. Brown type production.

Regardless, the team still needs to draft a prototype deep threat WR.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Assuming the price is right, I think Curtis Samuel could be everything we hoped McKenzie and Hardy could be in this offense.

I also think Mooney could be a nice bargain basement pickup: he's never had a legitimate passing threat at the QB position, and I think pairing him with Josh could help him explode -- or at least evolve into J. Brown type production.

Yea Mooney is interesting to me. Spotrac reckons $10m AAV. I think he might get more than that but if that is indeed the price I'd 100% do it. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Mooney is interesting to me. Spotrac reckons $10m AAV. I think he might get more than that but if that is indeed the price I'd 100% do it. 

image.thumb.png.ed4bd7d2d078fadcd7dac0a0e967dcdb.png

Only 26.  I'll assume his Target to Reception ratio is lower than it should be mostly due to QB play.

If we could get the production he had in 2021 that would be a solid addition  

4.38 speed

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/brisker-and-gordon-developing-into-stars-thayer-s-playbook

Edited by Warriorspikes51

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn't Curtis Samuel have a career year with Joe Brady in Carolina?

Personally, I'd like Hollywood Brown because of the speed 

He did and according to https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/26/curtis-samuel-fit-washington-football-offense/

In 2020, new Panthers coordinator Joe Brady used him in the slot about 60 percent of the time. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He did and according to https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/03/26/curtis-samuel-fit-washington-football-offense/

In 2020, new Panthers coordinator Joe Brady used him in the slot about 60 percent of the time. 

Very surprised to find Samuel had a 4.31 40 time 

Mooney or Samuel should be a pretty solid upgrade from Sherfield as WR4 at least 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

They will find a way to grab two or three guys on this list and that’s phenomenal especially on a one-year deal. 
Curtis Samuel has a ton of talent and who wouldn’t want to come enjoy the last couple years of their prime catching passes from Josh Allen. That’s a huge selling point.

Plus he already knows Joe Brady. I'd guess the likelihood of him signing here is fairly high.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Regardless, the team still needs to draft a prototype deep threat WR.

I agree with you.  I think they need to draft a top prospect but also find a veteran you can count on as well. Samuel or Mooney make a lot of sense in that regard. If you only bring in rookies and no veteran and they struggle year 1 your WR is worse than this year assuming gave us gone 

Just focusing on WRs, Bourne is probably the guy I like the most that I'm highly confident will be cheap. Having said that, there are so many free agent WRs and so many high quality WR prospects in the draft, somebody will unexpectedly have a pretty dry market and I'd love to be the team that takes advantage of that. Hollywood is a good potential example of that; if he's cheap, that's an obvious move to make IMO. Likewise if god forbid someone like Ridley ends up needing to settle for a 1 year prove it type deal.

17 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

We need a guy who can stretch the field.  Bourne isn’t that guy

I agree, however I don’t see any reason why we need to go after a FA WR when this years draft class is very deep. With our big contracts on the books (some bad), I am a fan of grabbin a rook WR that is NFL ready or very close to…

Edited by billsfan_34

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I agree, however I don’t see any reason why we need to go after a FA WR when this years draft class is very deep. With our big contracts on the books (some bad), I am a fan of grabbin a rook WR that is NFL ready or very close to…

You have to bring in at least 1 proven wr. He doesn’t have to be a star but someone you can count on. There is no guarantee whoever you draft is going to be star year 1. Even if they are if diggs goes down your looking at shakir and a rookie. We need more than that

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, khlax3 said:

You have to bring in at least 1 proven wr. He doesn’t have to be a star but someone you can count on. There is no guarantee whoever you draft is going to be star year 1. Even if they are if diggs goes down your looking at shakir and a rookie. We need more than that

Good point for sure. I think Hardy will see an increased role and we will see Cook split out more. Oh the offseason lol 😆 

*VALUE FREE AGENTS ACCORDING TO MOSTLY SPOTRAC AND PFF ANNUAL AVERAGE SALARY

DEFENSE

SS Jeremy Chinn: $3M 
SS Jordan Fuller: 6M 

SS Julian Blackmon: 6M

FS Alohi Gilman: $4-$5M

FS Darnell Savage: $4.5M

FS Jordan Fuller: $6M 

DE Yetur Gross-Matos: I couldn't find a projected Average Annual Salary for Gross-Matos but should be affordable

DE Clelin Ferrell: $3M
DE Carl Lawson: $3M 

DE Marcus Davenport: 3.5M

DE: Yannick Ngakoue: $4M 

DE A.J. Epenesa: $5.6M

DE Tyquan Lewis: $6M

DE D.J. Wonnum: $6.5M

DE Jadeveon Clowney: $7.2M-$9M

DE Denico Autry: $7.25M

DE Andrew Van Ginkel: $7.5M

DE Leonard Floyd: $8.1M

DE Josh Uche: $8.3M 

DE Dorance Armstrong: $8.5M

LDT Sebastian Joseph-Day: $3.5M 

LDT Raekwon Davis: $4M

LDT Javon Kinlaw: $5.4M 

LDT Teair Tart: 4M 

RDT: Maurice Hurst: $1.5M

OFFENSE

RWR Jalen Reagor: $1M

RWR Van Jefferson: $2.3M

RWR Donovan Peoples-Jones: $2.7M

RWR Devin Duvernay: $3M

RWR: D.J. Chark: $4M (as low as 4M (A to Z Sports) and as high as $10.9M (Spotrac)

RWR Kendrick Bourne: $5M 
RWR Josh Reynolds: $5.5M-$7M 

RB Ty Johnson: $1.1M

RB Rashad Penny: $1.5M

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire: $1.6M 

RB J.K. Dobbins: $2M 

RB Ezekiel Elliott: $2.7M (I listed Zeke just because McBeane loves to sign veteran RB's)

RB D'Onta Foreman: $3M

RB A.J. Dillon: $3.5M 

RB Antonio Gibson: $3.6M 

Edited by Trust The Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm thinking the Bills right off the bat in FA pick up a safety, DT and WR.  Then they will address safety, DT, DE, WR and OL through the draft and pick up a couple other players after the draft to fill in the roster.

If you can get King Henry on a 2 year deal for 5 mil per, go for it. He already asked James Cook about the best place to eat here at the pro bowl

Many will disagree..fine.

James Cook is pretty good. But, defenses don’t fear him. They fear King Henry.

Having a formation with Allen and Henry option run would be a nightmare to defend and is very likely going to bring safeties closer to the line…

that’s when you hit play-action deep home runs with your new speed rookie WR

Shotgun sets with Cook and Henry on either side of Allen will make defenses hesitate for a half second after the snap.  When Cook isn’t getting the carries he can be used on screens. Same with Henry. 

Maybe he goes to BAL or PHI….but he’s at least thinking about a visit here by asking where to eat.

the dude is an athletic FREAK. His workout regime is nuts. He is also a great guy in the community.  

The Titans OL sucked the last few years. He’s still an elite back. Plus he eliminated Jacksonville for us to watch the Miami game in some peace

having him in the playoffs could be a big time difference maker IMO

SB Teams have a handful of elite players. We need more.  Henry is one we can actually afford

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.