2024 Value Free Agents

khlax3

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If you can get King Henry on a 2 year deal for 5 mil per, go for it. He already asked James Cook about the best place to eat here at the pro bowl

Many will disagree..fine.

James Cook is pretty good. But, defenses don’t fear him. They fear King Henry.

Having a formation with Allen and Henry option run would be a nightmare to defend and is very likely going to bring safeties closer to the line…

that’s when you hit play-action deep home runs with your new speed rookie WR

Shotgun sets with Cook and Henry on either side of Allen will make defenses hesitate for a half second after the snap.  When Cook isn’t getting the carries he can be used on screens. Same with Henry. 

Maybe he goes to BAL or PHI….but he’s at least thinking about a visit here by asking where to eat.

the dude is an athletic FREAK. His workout regime is nuts. He is also a great guy in the community.  

The Titans OL sucked the last few years. He’s still an elite back. Plus he eliminated Jacksonville for us to watch the Miami game in some peace

having him in the playoffs could be a big time difference maker IMO

SB Teams have a handful of elite players. We need more.  Henry is one we can actually afford

Put me down in the disagree column…

They got very limited money to spend after pulling every lever they can …Holes at WR2, DT DE  and S and  you are proposing to spend money on a 30 yr old RB… even at $5m a year ( he will get more ) is not an option really,

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Put me down in the disagree column…

They got very limited money to spend after pulling every lever they can …Holes at WR2, DT DE  and S and  you are proposing to spend money on a 30 yr old RB… even at $5m a year ( he will get more ) is not an option really,

you’re already planning to pay Hines and Harty the same kind of $.  Henry is a MUCH bigger impact 

On 2/16/2024 at 5:30 PM, GASabresIUFan said:

There is only FA the Bills should sign this off-season and that is Josh Allen.  The only way this team wins the SB is by having Josh Allen on both sides of the ball.

We could afford him by simply clicking our heels together and hope Von gets suspended. 

• Agree 1

My only worry on Mooney/Samuel is that they probably are looking to sign with a team where they can be a #2 or very good #3. If we go WR in round 1 then Mooney/Samuel as a #3… you’re leaving Shakir with scraps as a #4 when we should put him in a better spot to succeed than that. Don’t think Mooney or Samuel sign here to play the Sherfield role.

Edited by The All-Pro-Knox Gallery

On 2/15/2024 at 7:35 PM, khlax3 said:

With FA less than a month away I figured it was time to start taking a look at some. Value free agents. With limited cap space but plenty of needs the Bills will need to hopefully find guys who can provide value and fill roles a low cost. Our impact players are most likely going to come from the draft. Here is a list I started to get some discussion going. Look forward to seeing other names people think could be a fit at a low to moderate cost.

RB:

Antonio Gibson (Washington)

AJ Dillion (GB)

D’ Onta Foreman (Chi)

Gus Edwards (Bal)

Clyde Edwards Helaire (KC)

Kareem Hunt (Cleveland)

J.K. dobbins (Bal)

WR:

Kendrick Bourne (NE)

Nelson Agholar (Bal)

Josh Reynolds (Detroit)

Donovan People’s Jones (Det)

Darnell Mooney (Chi)

Dj Chark (Car)

Slightly more costly but not top dollar:

Tyler Boyd (cincy)

Curtis Samuel (wash)

Hollywood brown (Arizona)

Saftey:

Julian Blackmon (colts)

Jordan Fuller (Rams)

Jermey chin (panthers)

Mike Edwards (KC)

Dashon Elliot (Miami)

Tashon Gibson (SF)

DT:

Tiare Tart (titans-Texans)

Maurice Hurst (Cleveland)

Javon Kinlaw (SF)

Raekwon Davis (Miami)

Tiare Tart doo doo doot doo doo.... 😁

On 2/16/2024 at 2:05 PM, DCOrange said:

Just focusing on WRs, Bourne is probably the guy I like the most that I'm highly confident will be cheap. Having said that, there are so many free agent WRs and so many high quality WR prospects in the draft, somebody will unexpectedly have a pretty dry market and I'd love to be the team that takes advantage of that. Hollywood is a good potential example of that; if he's cheap, that's an obvious move to make IMO. Likewise if god forbid someone like Ridley ends up needing to settle for a 1 year prove it type deal.

The issue with Bourne is he he coming off a torn ACL injury.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:35 PM, khlax3 said:

With FA less than a month away I figured it was time to start taking a look at some. Value free agents. With limited cap space but plenty of needs the Bills will need to hopefully find guys who can provide value and fill roles a low cost. Our impact players are most likely going to come from the draft. Here is a list I started to get some discussion going. Look forward to seeing other names people think could be a fit at a low to moderate cost.

RB:

Antonio Gibson (Washington)

AJ Dillion (GB)

D’ Onta Foreman (Chi)

Gus Edwards (Bal)

Clyde Edwards Helaire (KC)

Kareem Hunt (Cleveland)

J.K. dobbins (Bal)

WR:

Kendrick Bourne (NE)

Nelson Agholar (Bal)

Josh Reynolds (Detroit)

Donovan People’s Jones (Det)

Darnell Mooney (Chi)

Dj Chark (Car)

Slightly more costly but not top dollar:

Tyler Boyd (cincy)

Curtis Samuel (wash)

Hollywood brown (Arizona)

Saftey:

Julian Blackmon (colts)

Jordan Fuller (Rams)

Jermey chin (panthers)

Mike Edwards (KC)

Dashon Elliot (Miami)

Tashon Gibson (SF)

DT:

Tiare Tart (titans-Texans)

Maurice Hurst (Cleveland)

Javon Kinlaw (SF)

Raekwon Davis (Miami)

Kyle Dugger is a free agent. Would be a dream signing, very expensive. More of a strong safety, although he's played free safety, too. Since we have Poyer, it's probably not a perfect fit. But he's a budding star coming into his prime years. Give me WR and DT/DE in draft and Dugger in free agency. 

10 hours ago, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

My only worry on Mooney/Samuel is that they probably are looking to sign with a team where they can be a #2 or very good #3. If we go WR in round 1 then Mooney/Samuel as a #3… you’re leaving Shakir with scraps as a #4 when we should put him in a better spot to succeed than that. Don’t think Mooney or Samuel sign here to play the Sherfield role.

They don’t know who we are drafting until FA ends lol

On 2/16/2024 at 4:46 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

you’re already planning to pay Hines and Harty the same kind of $.  Henry is a MUCH bigger impact 

Possibility that guys make the team either lack of production or money

13 minutes ago, finn said:

Kyle Dugger is a free agent. Would be a dream signing, very expensive. More of a strong safety, although he's played free safety, too. Since we have Poyer, it's probably not a perfect fit. But he's a budding star coming into his prime years. Give me WR and DT/DE in draft and Dugger in free agency. 

No chance

We are  so poor, we can’t even afford the OR

On 2/15/2024 at 9:05 PM, NewEra said:

We need more than 1 guy.  

It's comments like this that I don't understand, yes of course we need more than one guy, but why act like advocating for this specific guy is a bad thing?

Your post is dismissive, but it's not like you saying this is the only thing they should do. I think we are all on board with the bills drafting a wide receiver in the first and or second round. Getting somebody like Born as  but it's not like you saying this is the only thing they should do. I think we are all on board with the bills drafting a wide receiver in the first and or second round. Getting somebody like Bourne as well wouldbe adding 2+ guys in this scenario.

The oversimplification by saying "we need more than 1"... Well, I guess we shouldn't discuss any why does he have a free agents because we need more than one therefore we are incapable of discussing any individual player... It's just stupid...k

On 2/16/2024 at 7:46 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

How do you figure he's a "much better impact"?  The guy has seen serious decline year over year over year in his yards per carry totals. Here in Buffalo he would not be a bell cow, he'd be a change of pace back but for more money than is warranted for that... 

Additionally Cook is just coming into his own, do you really want to take him off the field? He's more dynamic, more explosive, has better hands, and at this point in his career is just the better running back.  Sure between the tacklers he's not the best of the two, but overall I would rather him be on the field as many snaps as possible. Which means if you're spending our limited free agent money on a guy who's going to want to be on the field at least 50% of the time, it's a bad expenditure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.