TV Shows you recall liking that seemed to disappear

Another Fan

I remember in middle school I'd get home from school and Top Cops reruns would come on.  Stories of police officers narrating reenactments of some stressful or life or death situations they got in.  The show was on a few years in the early 90s.  I know I enjoyed it and it actually did at the time make me think of police officers as benevolent figures.

I finally re-found some clips of this series on Youtube and was expecting to find it ultra cheesy/preachy.  But I was surprised the stories seem to hold up well.  This one about the McMullin brothers is good stuff.    Different world then

Anyone have any others? 

Jericho (CBS).  If they had put this show on A&E it would have been very successful.  The typical CBS viewer likes serial comedy and drama, not high concept shows about terrorism likely instigated by its own federal government and a second US Civil War.

NBC had some high-concept shows like The Event and Revolution they gave very little runway on that I enjoyed and then poof - gone.

• Like (+1) 3

The first show that jumps out to me is Freaks and Geeks.  That show was amazing.  I have no idea how it didn't make it past 1 season 

As a kid I remember being really into the cartoon Duckman but it never really took off like the Simpsons or Family Guy.  There's probably tons of cartoons like that out there that never really took off 

• Agree 2

Go back to the early 2000s for 'Boomtown'.  Two seasons, first season was done in the 'Rashomon' style, where the viewer repeatedly views a crime through the eyes of different parties to the situation.  Deemed too complicated to follow by NBC, dumbed down to a second season that only ran 6 episodes of a run of the mill police procedural.  Graham Yost was the creator / producer.  Excellent cast.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Go back to the early 2000s for 'Boomtown'.  Two seasons, first season was done in the 'Rashomon' style, where the viewer repeatedly views a crime through the eyes of different parties to the situation.  Deemed too complicated to follow by NBC, dumbed down to a second season that only ran 6 episodes of a run of the mill police procedural.  Graham Yost was the creator / producer.  Excellent cast.

I really liked this show. So many familiar faces in it, and I loved how they told each story.

A shame that it was cancelled.

• Like (+1) 1

NewsRadio was a very underrated show, IMO. I know the tragic loss of Phil Hartman was a blow, but it seemed the show was not appreciated enough by the network. They tried to keep going by adding Jon Lovitz but it wasn’t the same. I wish there were more old episodes to watch. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.