TV Shows you recall liking that seemed to disappear

Another Fan

Luck on HBO. Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Dunn...about a bunch of degenerate horseplayers  at Santa Anita and Hoffman as a gangster just released from Prison... an awesome show, especially if you occasionally put  few sheckles on the ponies. Few horses died during filming(as race horses do) and the pressure from the outside was too much to continue with the show. 

Togtherness on HBO. Duplass Brothers thing, I enjoyed it.

Some of these are 80s gems.

Small Wonder -Who doesn't like a robot named VICKI?

Out of This World- Who doesn't like a half alien girl who talks to her dad (voiced by Burt Reynolds) via some weird Pyramid/Triangle thing?

I don't remember the title but was with Snow White/Prince Charming but in modern times.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Some of these are 80s gems.

Small Wonder -Who doesn't like a robot named VICKI?

Sounds very strange.

Out of This World- Who doesn't like a half alien girl who talks to her dad (voiced by Burt Reynolds) via some weird triangle thing?

Never heard of it but watch very little main broadcaster shows other than NFL.

Series seems to be on YouTube free.  Burt Reynolds in it makes it bizarre enough I may look at it.

Worst part of streaming series is dealing with opening credits repeatedly.  

Watched "The Legend of Prince Valiant" that way and got so used to skipping opening credits with a certain amount of time I started doing it with other videos and needed to back up on them.

Edited by Punching Bag
wrong movie removed

54 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Sounds very strange.

Never heard of it but watch very little main broadcaster shows other than NFL.

Series seems to be on YouTube free.  Burt Reynolds in it makes it bizarre enough I may look at it.

Worst part of streaming series is dealing with opening credits repeatedly.  

Watched "The Legend of Prince Valiant" that way and got so used to skipping opening credits with a certain amount of time I started doing it with other videos and needed to back up on them.

Do you mean the 2011-2018 show?  In the first season, the Evil Queen interrupts the wedding of Snow White and Prince Charming to announce that she will cast a curse on everyone that will leave her with the only happy ending. As a result, the majority of the characters are transported to the town of Storybrooke, Maine, where most of them have been stripped of their original memories and identities as fairy tale characters. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_(TV_series)

Watched this for a few years but schedule did not work for me due to work and those I saw were out of order.

When I see it on DVD set inexpensively I'll buy it.

No, it was during the 80s and looks like Ridgeway found it.

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That might be 'The Charmings'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Charmings

That's the one. 

On 2/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, T&C said:

I also have Spectrum Rochester and we watch Antiques Roadshow every Monday at 8 pm on channel 1221 (WXXI) including just last night. For OTA reception that would be the PBS channel out of Rochester (channel 21).

However... looking at their schedule just now I see it's on at 4 and 5 pm this coming Monday instead of at 8 pm. Weird... I don't recall ever seeing a change in the viewing time for this show before and we've been watching it for at least 20 years now!

According to Wiki Antiques Roadshow is now in season 28..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiques_Roadshow

Some great ones so far: Firefly, Brisco County Jr and News Radio were big favorites of mine. (RIP Phil). I’ll add an obscure one: Doctor Doctor, the one from 1989 that only ran 3 seasons. It is still a one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Some great ones so far: Firefly, Brisco County Jr and News Radio were big favorites of mine. (RIP Phil). I’ll add an obscure one: Doctor Doctor, the one from 1989 that only ran 3 seasons. It is still a one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. 

Matt Frewer seemed to be able to make work no matter what genre he was cast in.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Adored this show. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/23/2024 at 6:14 PM, f0neguy said:

My name is Earl ran for four years.  Last show was a cliffhanger and was canceled before season five.

Have you checked out Greg Garcia's other show "Guest Book"?  If you liked MNIE, you'll like Guest Book.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.