Will Derrick Henry be a Bill in 2024?

FireChans

I’m slowly getting more and more convinced this is the kind of old good player that Beane will go after. Especially with Brady’s emphasis on the run and McD being a defensive guy. A pound the rock for 3 YPC guy just feels right.

So what do we think?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m slowly getting more and more convinced this is the kind of old good player that Beane will go after. Especially with Brady’s emphasis on the run and McD being a defensive guy. A pound the rock for 3 YPC guy just feels right.

So what do we think?

What’s making you get slowly more and more convinced?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So what do we think?

He'll have a market. He's aging. You don't pay RB's big money. We don't have money. We have too many holes. We already have a Pro Bowl RB1. Should I go on?

Bring back Ty Johnson. He'll be cheap. Pair him with Cook and Hines. Draft a RB late on Day 3. We're good there. Spend what little money we'll have finding starters at either WR, DE, DT, or S.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Who will get more money in FA?

This isn't even a question. Ty Johnson was a Practice Squad player who came in because of injury. He overachieved, but people aren't going to back the brinks truck up for an RB2/RB3 former Practice Squad guy who's coming off a decent year in relief work.

Derrick Henry on the other hand will sell jerseys and has a resume as the top RB in the NFL, even though he's getting older. In no planet is there a question as to whether or not Ty Johnson is going to remotely cost what Derrick Henry will.

One RB is a superstar and one is a vet minimum type.

Edited by BillsFanForever19