Inside Jets dysfunction article in the Athletic

stevewin

The same Jets organization that’s been a dumpster fire for pretty much my entire life is somehow a disaster because of Rodgers?? I don’t think so, he’s just the next chapter in the Jets fans book of despair.

On 2/7/2024 at 10:39 AM, Gregg said:

Not for a trade, lol. Unless they are the ones giving the Bills some picks to take him.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The trashing of Zach Wilson by the owner is so lame. That organization ruined him, and he has never said a bad word about them. 

I really hope a team reclaims him and he sticks it to the jets. 

If the Jets are looking to trade him why would Woody bash him by saying they didn't have a backup QB last year. Woody is a dumbass. Way to try and increase his value when your GM is trying to trade him by saying he sucks. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If the Jets are looking to trade him why would Woody bash him by saying they didn't have a backup QB last year. Woody is a dumbass. Way to try and increase his value when your GM is trying to trade him by saying he sucks. 

good point. It’s like he couldn’t help himself.

I get it— Wilson hasn’t lived up to expectations. But you also retained several coordinators who were basically terrible at developing him. (The fact that Hackett is still a coach in the NFL just shows you how much of a nepotism problem the NFL has). 

• Like (+1) 1

Johnson is another of the rich, arrogant owners who doesn’t have a clue when to speak, when not to speak, or what he should speak on. I hope they implode again next year too, Rodgers hangs them up, and he's starting over from scratch. 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

At that point, you need to just make the move.  Basically giving your GM and coach an ultimatum just invites bad and desperate decisions that will continue to doom the franchise years after they are gone.  

2024 is the final hope for the Jets with Aaron.  He only has a $17M hit.

2025 he has a $51.5M hit followed by a void year $35M hit in 2026.

Jets have 10 other players with void year hits coming this year and in 2025.

It's all in for them this season and if they end up with only 8 or 9 wins the draft won't help them either.

UFA this March will be interesting in players both coming and going.

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

Reminds me of the days of Buddy Nix.  Diminishes Marshawn Lynch's trade value before having to trade him. A few years late, trashes Fitzpatrick & backs himself into a corner that forces him to draft a QB & then drafts EJ Manuel. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.