Inside Jets dysfunction article in the Athletic

stevewin

In a cutthroat league where all teams fire even good coaches who don't have immediate winning success, it's truly amazing how a boob like Nate Hackett has failed up and kept high level positions for so many years. He should be studied by science for the hope of future young hacks everywhere in all professions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I was about to say imagine if Terry printed out TBD threads and brought it to McD and Beane, but I honestly wouldnt be shocked lol. 

Terry often tells Beane about my opinions

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That's true but being able to move and throw off platform has always been a part of his game hasn't it?

I think Rodgers could make a run effectively playing like Stafford: statue in the pocket, but distributing the ball. 

Of course, that depends heavily on getting an O-line together.

I think Rodgers is still dangerous, and certainly feels like he has something to prove, but I think this is his last year because the money starts getting stupid real fast.

23 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

In a cutthroat league where all teams fire even good coaches who don't have immediate winning success, it's truly amazing how a boob like Nate Hackett has failed up and kept high level positions for so many years. He should be studied by science for the hope of future young hacks everywhere in all professions.

Nate Hackett is the one piece of evidence I see that makes me think that the Rooney Rule has a point.

There is nepotism in the league. There's no secret. Shedeur Sanders doesn't get this much buzz if his dad isn't a Hall of Famer. There are plenty of coaches for whom it's a family profession, with coaches bringing their kids on.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2022/11/22/nfl-coaches-nepotism-filled-dozens-positions/10702777002/

I don't think it's malicious. I think coaches want to share the love of the game with their kids. Aaron Kromer started with his dad. I am sure that no one in San Fran is going right now "I don't know, I think that being Mike Shanahan's son might have helped Kyle, are we sure he's really got it?"

But when coaches staff teams with their kids as coaches, and then they make friends with people their age who have similar life experiences and worldviews and you get coaches where you ask "how the hell are they still in the league?" and it's because they have a connection like this. Hackett is just the most glaring example of someone who has failed upwards to the highest levels

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Someone should tell Rodgers to get off the Pat McAfee show. That weekly sideshow is not helping anyone. 

He loves the attention too much.  Incredible talent but a guy I wouldn’t want next to me in a fox hole.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yea my opinion of Wilson went way up after reading this:

Saleh told the quarterback he would be inactive for the rest of the season and that the team would try to trade him in the offseason.  But in the days before the Falcons game, Saleh reversed course and told Wilson to start practicing as if he might play again. He did not play against Atlanta, but after the Jets lost, Wilson knew they were considering starting him again. He expressed reluctance about returning to play and said he would politely decline if asked, based on his previous conversation with Saleh and fears of getting injured behind the Jets’ makeshift offensive line.

Like a lot of other folks I thought Wilson was a baby for saying he didn't want to go back in.  But if Salah told him that he would be inactive the rest of the season and then changed his mind that is non Salah not Wilson.

I didn’t.  I pointed out that Saleh is too stupid to be HC and he was simply jerking Wilson around at the time.  I thought Wilson was right to say F You on this.

Too many morons own NFL teams.  

Jets are trash

35 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think Rodgers could make a run effectively playing like Stafford: statue in the pocket, but distributing the ball. 

Of course, that depends heavily on getting an O-line together.

I think Rodgers is still dangerous, and certainly feels like he has something to prove, but I think this is his last year because the money starts getting stupid real fast.

Rodgers is only dangerous to the Jets organization 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn’t.  I pointed out that Saleh is too stupid to be HC and he was simply jerking Wilson around at the time.  I thought Wilson was right to say F You on this.

Too many morons own NFL teams.  

Jets are trash

Rodgers is only dangerous to the Jets organization 

Well also to people who are immunocompromised :D

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I feel bad for Wilson. If your coach tells you that you are getting traded at the end of the season and that you'll be inactive the rest of the season, of course he didn't want to come back and play for them.

Saleh is a thin skinned moron.

Saleh is a well spoken ReX Ryan 

47 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I know the perfect place for Hackett.  The only problem is I can't figure out how to get KC to hire him.

He's from KC.  His dad was the Offensive Coordinator for the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Nate Hackett is the one piece of evidence I see that makes me think that the Rooney Rule has a point.

There is nepotism in the league. There's no secret. Shedeur Sanders doesn't get this much buzz if his dad isn't a Hall of Famer. There are plenty of coaches for whom it's a family profession, with coaches bringing their kids on.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2022/11/22/nfl-coaches-nepotism-filled-dozens-positions/10702777002/

I don't think it's malicious. I think coaches want to share the love of the game with their kids. Aaron Kromer started with his dad. I am sure that no one in San Fran is going right now "I don't know, I think that being Mike Shanahan's son might have helped Kyle, are we sure he's really got it?"

But when coaches staff teams with their kids as coaches, and then they make friends with people their age who have similar life experiences and worldviews and you get coaches where you ask "how the hell are they still in the league?" and it's because they have a connection like this. Hackett is just the most glaring example of someone who has failed upwards to the highest levels

9844eea0-fac6-4ca8-92aa-1c2b452d72a7_tex

wasted-tacos.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Jets in their desperation to be relevant, handed over the operational responsibilities to a  washed up , injury prone QB, who is a polarizing nut bag. I guess it’s a positive for us, but bad for football. It’s always better when one of the NY/NJ teams are championship caliber.

6 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Jets in their desperation to be relevant, handed over the operational responsibilities to a  washed up , injury prone QB, who is a polarizing nut bag. I guess it’s a positive for us, but bad for football. It’s always better when one of the NY/NJ teams are championship caliber.

Let that be the Giants then. 

4 hours ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

This thread is spam. 

It’s football gossip, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.