Bobby Babich Staying, Promoted to DC!

bills742

This guy (Babich) has been breathing football for his entire life. ..... The Bills have been the 2nd best for years now. They're the only ones who can beat KC. ... I'm sayin....hold course and persevere. ..... Ya can't be impatient or panic. ... Carry on because we've been within inches. ... It may still happen. GO BILLS

My hope is he's given full control of the defense and although he'll must likely run some variation of Mcd D . I hope there's some added variance more hybrid approach to this D. 

We can't understate the fact that Andy Reid knows Mcd Defense to a T and it's time for more ranging philosophy. With all these free agents on defense it's also perfect time to switch up the players . The only problem with all this is he does too good and gets head coaching job next yr but then again that most likely means we won it all! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Love it, when Babich was the safeties coach from 2018-2021 the team had great safety play. OK but the Bills were insanely talented at safety with Hyde and Poyer establishing themselves in 2017. But then he goes to be the LB coach and this team turns into Linebacker U all of a sudden. In 2022, he gets the best year out of a motivated Tremaine and gets a great year out of Milano. Then he follows up a good LB year with developing Bernard into a stud and then got great play from Dodson and so many other injury replacements. Other teams recognized this and wanted to poach him and the Bills kept him in house for a position that was basically vacant. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Nice news.  I’m guessing he might be the DC M-Sat, but McD still call the plays on Sunday.

This is my expectation too. That he essentially is responsible for game planning and installation but McDermott will remain the primary play caller. They might want to give Babich some packages that he calls - maybe he is responsible for the blitz package for instance, so when McDermott wants a blitz Babich calls it, to try and get his feet wet. I expect if the regime stays for multiple years Babich will end up as the primary playcaller. But in 2024 I'd be surprised if it is not still McDermott. 

14 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

No it is whining when it is incessant.  Which it is daily here.  Whats the point of pointing out someone doesn't like McD EVERY DAY if he is the coach next season. 

It’s feckless ( and sickening to watch) to constantly brown nose a demonstrated loser from afar…..no matter the newest fall guy he promotes😉

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Don’t bother with this guy, he is on a constant whining rant, just look at his last ten or so posts, says it all right there, 

Hey thanks I didn't know I had a rep, just trying to add a little devil's advocate. Some times guys have a tendency to drink a little too much Kool aid.

29 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Hey thanks I didn't know I had a rep, just trying to add a little devil's advocate. Some times guys have a tendency to drink a little too much Kool aid.

I was referring to “ the weatherman” not you, 

• Like (+1) 1

Stunning!!!

Lol, did anyone really believe for a second that McD would bring in an outsider for either coordinator job?  Or that he will simply let Babich call plays on game days?

how does this move the needle?

Babich has been a winner each time he’s gained a new role.  That takes smarts, determination and dedication.  Lots of study involved with attention to detail   This is a a good hire and don’t be shocked if McD gives him more freedom than you’d think

ive been critical of McD-mainly game day decisions but as far as firing coaches and staff I think he’s spot on. 

If someone isn’t getting the job done why keep them around. Frazier was weak and Dorsey a fool. Took him too long on Frazier and I would have jettisoned Dorsey a few weeks earlier but both good moves 

if people on my teams aren’t cutting it they are simply asked to leave. No fuss no muss.  Keeping them only devalues the efforts of the rest of the team 

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Pats game was a dud though, so McD deserves all the s*** for that.

I think Pats, Broncos, Jags (although extenuating circumstances) and then the playoff loss are the games this year where I'd say the D bore the brunt of the culpability for the loss. 

Jets was offense and special teams

Bengals was offense

Eagles was special teams - most notably Tyler Bass

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Pats, Broncos, Jags (although extenuating circumstances) and then the playoff loss are the games this year where I'd say the D bore the brunt of the culpability for the loss. 

Jets was offense and special teams

Bengals was offense

Eagles was special teams - most notably Tyler Bass

No way you can blame broncos on the defense. The D was the only reason we didn't lose that game by three+ scores. Offense turned it over 4 times and the d kept getting stops. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

No way you can blame broncos on the defense. The D was the only reason we didn't lose that game by three+ scores. Offense turned it over 4 times and the d kept getting stops. 

Fair. Responsibility probably split on that one. I just thought the defense and Sean's playcalling was a mess at the end. But you are right, the offense threw up over itself multiple times. 

Good move going forward for the Bills i think the future is very bright for the team with the 2 new coaches now if they can get a good ST's coach because ST's isn't a part of the team that we can be all smiles about  .

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.