who is a must have on this list of Bills UFA?

Coldfronts

I asked my wife (who only really knows Josh Allen) and she was a no on Jones, Rapp, Epanesa and Shaq. She was a yes on Hyde, Phillips and Floyd. She then said “Ok, that’s enough football for today.” And went back to reading her book.

So, anyway, I’ll call Beane and make sure he knows what’s up.

• Haha (+1) 2

Must have's or High value returning players If resigned

Daquan Jones
Jordan Philips
Trent Sherfield
A.J. Epenesa
Ty Johnson
Tyrel Dodson
Taylor Rapp

Nice to have's

Micha Hyde
Leonard Floyd

• Like (+1) 1

I find these discussions very interesting. Very few folks on here want to keep Epenesa because they’re certain he’ll get a big pay bump from some other team….yet somehow they don’t think the same thing is true for the quality and pay scale that applies to guys from the other 31 teams. Now, I’m not saying they should get into a bidding war for Epenesa but I’m also not convinced the rest of the league wants to either. 

14 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

DQ for sure - him Milano and TB43 shores that middle up for YEARS to come with Big Ed there as well 

Agree that Jones is the most important guy on this list. 

But I think he has 2 good years left at most. 

• Agree 2

Gonna be hard to retain anyone with our cap situation. But Jones and Epenesa would be top of my list, not going to be able to get much better than them in FA with our cap. We’re gonna really need to knock this draft outta the park. 

• Like (+1) 1

After watching our DL against KC, I don't think I see anyone as a must.. but I know that's short-sighted and Daquan was still working back from the injury.

I have him as a must and Dane, Rapp, Ty, Edwards and Epenesa as wants .. but only if their minimal deals in the case of the first four, and team-friendly for AJ.

Von looked like he should probably be a factor again next season, and with Rousseau in a contract year, Epenesa is a solid DE3 with say Jonathan and Lawson rounding out the group.   I'd just rather not have to address EDGE this year.  We know, no matter what we do with Daquan, we're going to need some DT's.  Let's focus there this year. 

Jones is the only one who I think we have to get back. Everyone else is replacable.

Epenesa might be nice if you can get him for a value. Jackson is a good depth piece if he's around 2-3 mil. 

Please, for god's sake, let Cam Lewis walk and never be on this team again.  He's a completely failed obsession with this coaching staff. 

• Agree 1

I live in Ravens country. Listened to their talk show Monday while working and it sounded just like the BIll's. "We have 23 free agents and we can't re sign most of them. Were gonna suck."

We are in very similar situations. But we always find a way to move money. I just feel like we need more violence from our LB. Watching the other games in the playoffs esp SF and Balt. Their LB hit you and that will make you think twice over the middle. I felt our LB are nice but we have big safety's LB. I would love to. see D WIlliams get a shot along side Milano. Or pay up for Queen from Ravens.

Were gonna lose 10 average players and then resign 10 average players other teams could not resign :) 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

... Milano and TB43 shores that middle up for YEARS to come with Big Ed there as well 

Hate to bring this up, Cookie had a serious injury, given T. White's recovery time before reinjury, there is always a risk Milano may not be the same Cookie that was a key part of our defense, I think that means we have to do what we can to keep Dodson, or trust that Dorian Williams can augment whatever version of Milano comes back.

Edited by BearNorth

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Hate to bring this up, Cookie had a serious injury, given T. White's recovery time before reinjury, there is always a risk Milano may not be the same Cookie that was a key part of our defense, I think that means we have to do what we can to keep Dodson, or trust that Dorian Williams can augment whatever version of Milano comes back.

Milano injury was not as severe as White. He’ll be fine come week 1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

First time I’ve really looked through the full list, and first impression is we’re not as bad off as I thought we’d be with so many pending free agents.

Yeah, the starters on both sides of the ball are going to mostly remain intact. I'll miss Hyde and Gabe Davis' blocking, but neither are irreplaceable at this point in their careers. The tough part will be replacing the high volume of depth they're likely going to lose and we saw how important that depth can be this year. It will be tricky but at least it's manageable. I don't see this team taking any significant steps backwards next season. Heck, it's even reasonable to suggest that we might already be adding a blue chip veteran DE with the hopeful return of the real Von Miller next year.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.