Meanwhile over at Russel Street Report (Ravens Fan Forum)

Same kind of complaints over there that we've been hearing over here

Sampling of threads

How does this happen? How does Harbaugh allow this to happen as head coach.
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259518-How-does-this-happen-How-does-Harbaugh-allow-this-to-happen-as-head-coach&s=cbb7975baa29d72d8bb1e06febced90e

How can you even get excited about this team…
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259500-How-can-you-even-get-excited-about-this-team%85&s=cbb7975baa29d72d8bb1e06febced90e

Lamar is the worst playoff QB in modern history
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259440-Lamar-is-the-worst-playoff-QB-in-modern-history&s=cbb7975baa29d72d8bb1e06febced90e

Monken Blame
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259473-Monken-Blame&s=cbb7975baa29d72d8bb1e06febced90e

This team = playoff chokers until proven otherwise
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259472-This-team-playoff-chokers-until-proven-otherwise&s=cbb7975baa29d72d8bb1e06febced90e

The hype was too much. We're folding like a lawn chair.
https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?259457-The-hype-was-too-much-We-re-folding-like-a-lawn-chair&s=cbb7975baa29d72d8bb1e06febced90e

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

I mean to be fair 31 teams’ message boards all end the year the same way. Only one gets to be the exception. 

Thats exactly what I've had to tell myself and luckily, I've grown into believing it.  It saves me a lot of grief over football. 

And the more I look into playoff history the more I realize its incredibly hard to make it to the Superbowl.  In the last 20 years of the NFL only 7 franchises have represented the AFC in the Superbowl.   NE, KC, Pitts, Den, Indi, Bal and Cinci.   Which is to say only five QBs have gotten their teams to the Super Bowl from the AFC in twenty years.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

All in all I'd rather have the guy who play his ass off in the playoffs like Allen than Lamar who had one good playoff game ever and then followed it up with another mostly stinker

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

Lamar is solid, and he is a great athlete, but he never has been, nor will he ever be the passer that JA is. That's just a fact most of the bobbleheads on TV will never admit.

Today, the Flowers fumble at the goal line killed their chances. That KC defense is playing well. I knew Lamar would have trouble. With all of the talent in the AFC, I just don't see Lamar ever getting a SB. He's not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Lamar is solid, and he is a great athlete, but he never has been, nor will he ever be the passer that JA is. That's just a fact most of the bobbleheads on TV will never admit.

Today, the Flowers fumble at the goal line killed their chances. That KC defense is playing well. I knew Lamar would have trouble. With all of the talent in the AFC, I just don't see Lamar ever getting a SB. He's not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. 

He’s not even the runner josh is…Lamars gotta learn to just hit the hole and run straight sometimes.  He cost his team quite a few first downs dancing around waiting for blocks to try to hit a chunk play 

one of those plays a safety ran like 15 yards before lamar ran 4-5

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Flowers doesn't fumble away that TD it's entirely possible the game goes a lot different.  Chiefs defense is good and you have to come away with points when you get your chances.  Ask me how I know.

Something I’m sure we’ll hear from all the talking heads tomorrow. Is that any different the Bass missing the kick? 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Flowers doesn't fumble away that TD it's entirely possible the game goes a lot different.  Chiefs defense is good and you have to come away with points when you get your chances.  Ask me how I know.

If Flowers didn't have that stupid taunting penalty they would have already scored before it ever go to the fumble play.

• Like (+1) 2

Once again we saw what smart people know, and that's that Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes are the real top 3 QB's in the game

Lamar isn't in their class, and the playoff performances along with the stats bear that out

Another MVP for a guy that is riding his team's defense until he gets outplayed by the Allen's and Mahomes' of the league when it matters most 

Edited by BeastMaster
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Once again we saw what smart people know, and that's that Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes are the real top 3 QB's in the game

Lamar isn't in their class, and the playoff performances along with the stats bear that out

Another MVP for a guy that is riding his team's defense until he gets outplayed by the Allen's and Mahomes' of the league when it matters most 

Sitting here watching Purdy be the qb I knew he was…

I get that content needs to be generated but watching the Purdys, Hurts, Jacksons and Tuas of the world be talked about in MVP conversations this season was laughable.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Sitting here watching Purdy be the qb I knew he was…

I get that content needs to be generated but watching the Purdys, Hurts, Jacksons and Tuas of the world be talked about in MVP conversations this season was laughable.

Purdy honestly had a case numbers wise until his meltdown against Baltimore. We all can see the talent he has around him and the great offensive mind, but at least he had the numbers there for awhile.

Lamar received MVP hype because his team was great, and it was primarily because of their defense and the run game.

Josh deserved at least one MVP and at least one SB by now

Sean McDermott is the reason why these things haven't happened already

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.