2024 WR Draft Class

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is a convincing argument for Odunze. Along with his desire to go to the combine and work on his game more.   

If he makes it into the 9-12 range, perhaps? 

The Bears would be the target. They’d want 28, 60, and 128 this year plus a 1st and a mid round pick next year.

I say do it. We’d have 6-7 picks remaining to fill out the roster this year. Plus next year we’re set to get 2-3 comp picks.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

I loved Legettes 2023 film but there are major concerns ….. please read the negatives .

(Grabbed this profile breakdown)

Xavier Legette Prospect Analytical Profile

Measurements
Height: 6-1
Weight: 221

Positives:
Surprise, the first positive noted for a prospect is his athleticism. Not to take away from Legette as he does have some insane athletic measurables. Legette scored a 9.89 RAS, which surprisingly only ranks 6th in this year's WR class. Legette ran a 4.39 at 221lb with a 40" vertical and 10’ 6’’ broad jump, all of which are elite in their respective measurements.

Legette is as physical as it gets and is able to use his size/athleticism to his advantage.

Legette's physicality works particularly well against man coverage where Legette had a 2.28 career YPRR and a PFF Grade of 85.6 vs Man in 2023.

Legette did not get a lot of playing time prior to 2023, but in his first full year as a starter, he put up some impressive numbers. In 2023, Legette had a YPRR of over 3.00 and a PFF grade of 82.5.

Legette's on-paper stats in 2023 were impressive - 1,255 receiving yards in only 12 games with 7 touchdowns and an insane yards/rec of 17.7.

Despite his size, Legette played a fair amount of snaps in the slot throughout his career, showing positional versatility. Legette played 25.6% of his career snaps in the slot and had an impressive 443 receiving yards in the slot in 2023, making up for 35% of his production. With his raw skills as a receiver, but insane athleticism and physicality, Legette's ideal role may be as a big-slot in the NFL.

Legette also showed the ability to be a plus deep threat in 2023. 44% of Legette's 2023 production came on deep yards and 64% of his career receiving yards were air yards.

Negatives:
Unfortunately, Legette does have a long list of negatives and red flags in his analytical profile. Starting with Legette having an extremely concerning 5th-year breakout.

Legette is already 23 years old, months before getting drafted. Legette also had a late, late breakout age of 22.

I did previously mention 2023 being Legette first full year as a starter. However, that wasn't because of injury or really a lack of playing time. Prior to 2023, Legette played in 41 games and ran almost 600 routes in 4 years with very little production.

Regardless of the reasoning, his late breakout is extremely concerning for a prospect and poses the question of whether or not Legette's 2023 production was heavily skewed due to being a literal man amongst boys.

Legette has a relatively low career QBR when targeted where he ranks 30th in this year's class.

Legette has an atrocious career YPRR of 1.55. There are 35 prospects in my predictive draft model. Legette ranks dead last in career YPRR by a considerable margin. The prospect with the 2nd to last career YPRR is at 1.60.

Legette also ranks extremely low in TDPRR (30th) and First Down PRR (last again).

Legette had an awful career PFF grade vs Zone of 61.10, also dead last amongst 35 prospects.

Despite an impressive 2023 season, Legette's overall production profile is abysmal, especially for someone who played 53 career games.

Contested catch is often marked as a positive for Legette in his draft breakdowns. However, Legette ranks relatively low in contested catch rate, converting only 43% of his contested targets.

If we're down to Franklin and Legette at 28 I'd like to see us trade back.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is a convincing argument for Odunze. Along with his desire to go to the combine and work on his game more.   

If he makes it into the 9-12 range, perhaps? 

I’ve always had Odunze as my # 2 WR in this draft. He won’t go ahead of Nabers and appears to be dropping. If he falls into the mid teens I start making calls for him 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All the WR train people need to stand up and say go get him. Whatever it takes. Josh will have WR1 for the rest his career.

I knew the chart was gonna be good because Harmon was saying on one of his YouTube videos that he absolutely loves Odunze and was trying to hold back laughter from how good he is. 

Bummer I feel like he’s most likely to end up a Jet at this point. 

Edited by DCOrange

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ve always had Odunze as my # 2 WR in this draft. He won’t go ahead of Nabers and appears to be dropping. If he falls into the mid teens I start making calls for him 

I agree Odunze is #2. Odunze’s game against Oregon State where he put the team on his back, on the road (Washington was an underdog in the game) in bad weather where Polk and McMillan were dropping everything. Best performance of any WR this year imo. I’m not sure I’m ready to give up future picks for him because I do like WR who will be there for us, but I think he would be amazing in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

What would the Bills realistically need to give up (in picks, not silly player ideas please) to get to say pick 10 to 12 for Odunze?

Next year's #1+28+?

28 & 60 & next year’s #1 might get you to pick 12ish.  Not sure that is high enough.  Regardless, I think it would be foolish to trade next year’s picks - they are going to need them as they will still be tight to the cap for the foreseeable future.

FWIW, all 11 picks this year would maybe get them pick 13.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

What would the Bills realistically need to give up (in picks, not silly player ideas please) to get to say pick 10 to 12 for Odunze?

Next year's #1+28+?

At minimum our first two picks this year and next years first. Likely some more future picks thrown in as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Next year's #1+28+?

Yeah. You’re giving up those 2 to begin with. 

Think you start with 

#28, 60, 128/133, 163, 204 & 2025 1st & 4th for 9 & 75. 

Like @Buffalo_Stampede said, Bears second pick is the target. They have a total of 4 picks this year. That trade puts them up to 8 picks.

The biggest thing is probably Minnesota. If a QB is still on the board after a possible failed attempt to move into the first 8 then 11, 23 and a few of their other picks for 9 & 75 is too tempting to pass up and you’re guaranteeing yourself a chance to accumulate more, something they desperately need. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That’s too steep a price for 1 player, in my opinion.

I'm on the trade up for Brian Thomas Jr train. It would take this years 1st, 2nd and next year's 2nd (or 3rd) to move up to get Thomas and this year's 3rd. 

So we'd lose one pick next year and have the same number this year. The 2nd pick would be coming in the 80's instead of 60. 

Of course a number of other teams might have him as the clear #4 and drive the price up for him. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

At minimum our first two picks this year and next years first. Likely some more future picks thrown in as well. 

To me there’s a chance to flip 60 for 75 so you’re not completely dead in the drafting for 2 rounds…

Certainly giving up a couple of picks from next year to make it happen.

Odunze is a monster though. Certainly more realistic to get than MHJ. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I'm on the trade up for Brian Thomas Jr train. It would take this years 1st, 2nd and next year's 2nd (or 3rd) to move up to get Thomas and this year's 3rd. 

So we'd lose one pick next year and have the same number this year. The 2nd pick would be coming in the 80's instead of 60. 

Of course a number of other teams might have him as the clear #4 and drive the price up for him. 

Where are you drafting Thomas Jr. though? 

To get into the 10-15 range it shouldn’t take all of that going by charts. #28, 60 and 2025’s first should net you one of them and a later round filler from the teams you’re trading with. 

Trading in there would only take #28 and 2025 1st & 3rd @ worst. That’s assuming you want to keep 60. Which is obvious you would. 

I love Odunze but would have no problem with Nabers or Thomas Jr as a consolation in a trade up. 

Worthy at 28 if available.  More productive more versatile player than his teammate Mitchell.  His speed allows him to play outside.  Jon Brown with more juice.  Draft your Gabe Davis body double day 3 where Davis was drafted. 

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

To me there’s a chance to flip 60 for 75 so you’re not completely dead in the drafting for 2 rounds…

Certainly giving up a couple of picks from next year to make it happen.

Odunze is a monster though. Certainly more realistic to get than MHJ. 

Where are you drafting Thomas Jr. though? 

To get into the 10-15 range it shouldn’t take all of that going by charts. #28, 60 and 2025’s first should net you one of them and a later round filler from the teams you’re trading with. 

Trading in there would only take #28 and 2025 1st & 3rd @ worst. That’s assuming you want to keep 60. Which is obvious you would. 

I love Odunze but would have no problem with Nabers or Thomas Jr as a consolation in a trade up. 

15-early 20's is the range I think they'll have to move up to get him at a price they can live with. 

He might go as early as 12... Who knows?

10 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Yeah. You’re giving up those 2 to begin with. 

Think you start with 

#28, 60, 128/133, 163, 204 & 2025 1st & 4th for 9 & 75. 

Like @Buffalo_Stampede said, Bears second pick is the target. They have a total of 4 picks this year. That trade puts them up to 8 picks.

The biggest thing is probably Minnesota. If a QB is still on the board after a possible failed attempt to move into the first 8 then 11, 23 and a few of their other picks for 9 & 75 is too tempting to pass up and you’re guaranteeing yourself a chance to accumulate more, something they desperately need. 

I like your idea to get us a 3rd back in the deal as well.   Bears absolutely could be interested as pointed out they only have 4 picks this year 

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

15-early 20's is the range I think they'll have to move up to get him at a price they can live with. 

He might go as early as 12... Who knows?

Yeah, I am with you on that being his  draft position. Does he make it past 20 though? That’s not looking likely unfortunately. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'm on board with trading up for him myself but I don't know about it for all that. If he's still around like 17 to 22ish.... I'm definitely looking into it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I'm on board with trading up for him myself but I don't know about it for all that. If he's still around like 17 to 22ish.... I'm definitely looking into it.

16 Seattle is the target IMO.  Jaguars have 17th pick and would likely be very interested in him

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

16 Seattle is the target IMO.  Jaguars have 17th pick and would likely be very interested in him

Agree. And Seattle's likely targets - the two DTs and the OL out of Washington feel like guys where the chance of one of them slipping is there.

• Like (+1) 2

Beane leans toward small trade ups in Round 1.   With us not having any immediate needs besides possibly Safety (keep a 4th and fill it)  I expect he will be more aggressive than usual and seriously exploring trading up more than 3-5 spots.   Just depends who he decides he really wants. 

4:  MHJ

6-8:  Nabers
9-13:  Odunze

16:   BTJ 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1