Am I the only one not planning on watching Chiefs/Ravens??

Special K

Just now, BigDingus said:

But why do Bills fans want Lamar to supplant Allen in the media & fans' eyes?

Everyone saw what happened when the Bengals beat the Chiefs to make it to a Super Bowl. Burrow got all the credit, and the conversation quickly became Mahomes #1, Burrow a close #2, then everyone else a tier below.

People give ALL credit & blame to QBs these days, and Lamar knocking off Mahomes would just have him leapfrog Allen in most people's eyes. If you look forward to seeing Allen disrespected & ranked consistently lower than Lamar on all player & QB tier lists, then sure... cheer for the Ravens.

Don't forget Allen's performance at home head-to-head against Burrow in the playoffs last year. Fans of other teams haven't. Don't believe me, pin this comment & come back next season when you see those "Allen is being disrespected!" threads pop up everywhere.

It will not be fun listening to people hype up Lamar, Mahomes & Burrow next post season, all while they disregard Allen's play through 18 weeks in anticipation of another loss in the playoffs.

I know what you're saying, but it's all hot-take stuff.  Lamar would vault ahead of Allen for a year - but Allen could reclaim the hype this time next year w/ a deeper run.

I'm thinking about 10 years down the line, looking back on all of their careers. I still want Allen to catch Mahomes in terms of accomplishments, and think he can.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

I know what you're saying, but it's all hot-take stuff.  Lamar would vault ahead of Allen for a year - but Allen could reclaim the hype this time next year w/ a deeper run.

Balt wins and Lamar will be playing in the Superbowl. You can’t make a deeper playoffs run than that. Allen would be considered 4th best in most people’s eyes if that happens. It’s great that we keep expecting Allen and the Bills to get it done but the task seems more and more improbable with each passing season. 

From a reputation standpoint KC winning would be better for Allen. But I agree with you that Balt will win. They’re such a complete team. Lamar has improved as a qb. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Would you rather see KC win it all knowing the Bills took them to the wire, or would prefer seeing the Chiefs get boat raced by the Ravens?

I'm honestly at a point where it just doesn't matter when it comes to The Chiefs. They have won 2 SB's, have been in three, 6 straight AFC Championships. I guess at this point I would rather root for them vs another team getting ahead of The Bills(I am petty like that), but I think The Ravens will be tough. I can't not watch this game tomorrow, no matter how badly I want to disassociate :(

Of course not. Many won’t watch if their team isn’t playing. I’ll watch while somewhat casually pulling for Baltimore. Can’t root for the Chiefs unless it directly benefits Buffalo for playoff seeding etc. I don’t love the Ravens by any means, but I still like them more than KC. 

The only way I’m watching football tomorrow is if I have nothing else to do. 

Nothing at all to do with the teams. In fact, I think they’ll be fun games to watch. 

Jus nothing I’m going to plan around, like I do with Bills games. 

On 1/26/2024 at 5:12 PM, Special K said:

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

If I was able to watch the Patriots 8 straight years in the Championship game without throwing up once. I should be able to get through this game without even a tummy ache so yeah, I'll be watching

I think there are football fans, and team fans.  Neither way is better - it's just the way of things.

I'm a completely die-hard Bills fan.  And I have died, hard.  But I'm also a huge fan of the game. Tomorrow is definitely a make your best food, drink your best drinks, and settle in for close to 8 hours of great football kind of day.  I will watch every minute.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After the season ending devastation by the Bills for the 45th time in my lifetime, my first reaction was not to watch anymore football. But that feeling washed off quickly and I’m looking forward to the best Sunday for the NFL. Interested to see if the Chiefs can play back to back games at the level it will take to get back to The Game. I am still very very impressed with how the Chefs played against us. They were downright surgical.. the best I’ve ever seen them play to be honest with you. Ever. In my lifetime. 

4 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

I'm honestly at a point where it just doesn't matter when it comes to The Chiefs. They have won 2 SB's, have been in three, 6 straight AFC Championships. I guess at this point I would rather root for them vs another team getting ahead of The Bills(I am petty like that), but I think The Ravens will be tough. I can't not watch this game tomorrow, no matter how badly I want to disassociate :(

I was in that camp with the Pats.  NE had won so many big games and had all those accomplishments it didn’t matter if they had 2, 4 or 6 Super Bowls.  I didn’t want teams like Carolina or Atlanta getting one ahead of us.

KC can do nothing else to impress. The damage is done. Baltimore already has a couple SB’s as well.  I’m thinking let Lamar win his.  Wishful thinking i’m sure but maybe the Chiefs and Ravens desperation goes down a notch.  Then It’s Allen competing with Burrow, Watson and whichever newbies come along (Stroud?).  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll watch until the first time Mahomes throws an INT and it’s called back due to a defensive holding call 30 yards away and after the catch. At that point I’ll punch a hole through my TV. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.