Bass manned up and spoke to the media. Diggs dissapeared during playoffs, then ducked the media

Pete

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So where is your evidence that Stefon...while on the field still...contacted his brother and gave him the OK to tweet that?  Did Diggs have a hidden cell phone in his jock to make contact with his brother?  Was it sign language signals on TV?  Or are you suggesting the two brothers got together prior to the game and said if there is an upset loss go ahead and start the tweeting?  

I mean...at the very least explain how stefon was involved in those tweets while still on the field when they happened.  Otherwise, you are flat out inventing a narrative to support the bias you now have as you so put from your perception of last offseason. 

Even I think you are smarter than that.

Clearly, they have conversations all the time. They are very close. If you really think that Trevon Diggs does not know what Stefon thinks, I cannot help you? If you really think that Trevon would post something that he thought would upset Stefon, I also cannot help you.

You also will recall that when S. Diggs was asked about this in a press conference, he was very careful how he responded. If my recollection is correct (and I invite you to correct me if I am wrong), Stefon never responded that he disagree with what Trevon posted. He merely tried to claim that he does not control his brother.  

Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Prefer direct quote of source to NY Post

Cameron Wolfe is legit, a reporter for NFL Network

"Cameron Wolfe @CameronWolfe National NFL reporter, @NFLNetwork

I was ALWAYS told, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all!! Everyone knows how emotional Stefon is after a loss. Do they just want to create Twitter fodder? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I was ALWAYS told, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say nothing at all!! Everyone knows how emotional Stefon is after a loss. Do they just want to create Twitter fodder? 

Turning this around - the man is 30 years old and a Captain on the team.  OK, he couldn't handle it after the loss, but 24 hrs afterwards, on locker cleanout day, he can't manage to face the press with a few phrases the PR people could help him craft if he asked, without "twitter fodder"?

Sorry, I don't buy the exculpation that Stefon is just somehow so super more emotional and pissed about losing that he just can't fulfil his NFL-mandated media responsibilities.  If we're trying to say that Stefon somehow hates losing or is more emotional about it than Josh or Bass, I think that's balogna.

It reminds me of Tom Brady running off the field without shaking hands because supposedly he so super specially hates losing more than anyone else he just can't be a good sport.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Well, creating twitter fodder is basically their job description.

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Clearly, they have conversations all the time. They are very close. If you really think that Trevon Diggs does not know what Stefon thinks, I cannot help you? If you really think that Trevon would post something that he thought would upset Stefon, I also cannot help you.

You also will recall that when S. Diggs was asked about this in a press conference, he was very careful how he responded. If my recollection is correct (and I invite you to correct me if I am wrong), Stefon never responded that he disagree with what Trevon posted. He merely tried to claim that he does not control his brother.  

Just my two cents.

Just feels like a leap in logic, which is my 2 cents.  His brother has been tweeting about getting Diggs to Dallas for years, yet Diggs still signed an extension to stay here.  So I just think you are reading too much into Treyvon doing what he has always done since Diggs basically got here where he has been tweeting for his brother to leave Buffalo.  

Treyvons words don't match Stefon's actions. So feels like a leap to assume this one time they suddenly do.  

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Just my two cents.

I'll partially correct you with regard to what Diggs said in his press conference.  He said that he did NOT talk to his brother about it.  He said that his brother was speaking as a fan.

"I haven't had a personal conversation with him," Stefon Diggs said. "My brother is watching football right now. He's not playing too much. Obviously, he's coming from more of a fan perspective, but that is my family. So, I handle my family with the utmost respect, and I always hope that people treat it that way.

He also said he wants to retire a Bill:

"I really sat down and kind of everybody here around training camp and felt like I nipped it in the bud as to how I felt or what I was feeling," Diggs said. "But here we are again. Here we are revisiting a topic about how I feel. I play with confidence. I go in with confidence. I prepare each and every week. I've always been a professional.

"I've never really said anything about being unhappy or any instance of that. So, when you're drawing conclusions as to stuff I've never said, that's what kind of troubles me because it kind of throws a wrench in it. It kind of creates chaos where I haven't created. Chaos created around me, whereas I just been in the same space, I've been in the same place, and I've spoken true words. I've said the same thing over and over and over. So, when you draw a conclusion as to how I feel in my foreseeable future here, I've never said anything, but I was a Buffalo Bill.

That pretty much seems like refuting it, without perhaps wanting to come out and say "my brother don't know what he's talking about"

To recap what Diggs said around training camp:

At that time, Diggs reaffirmed his desire to retire as a Bill and said that "forcing my way out of anywhere is not my goal. I don't feel like I have to at this point. I feel like I'm in a great space, a great place, I'm loved, and I'm appreciated. At the end of the day, that's all I want. That's all anybody would want in any job that you do."

13 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Diggs may be at best a number 2 receiver next year. At best.

I'm hoping he was playing with an injury and returns to form next year, but he'll still be playing

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I never once mentioned Diggs reading this forum, so not sure why you keep mentioning that.  

I simply asked why do people keep trying to force a negative narrative every time Diggs doesnsomething that he always does.  Never seen a player whose every move is always being tried to be twisted into something negative.  Him not talking to the press after the game is 100% normal.  He normally does not talk to the press after the game, especially after hard losses like this one.  

But here people are acting like its abnormal and a bad sign and he is a bad person for doing the same thing he has always done and that MANY players do.  its ridiculous.  

Probably confusing side discussions with Karlos about the same topic. But to say Diggs never talks or talked to the press it takes two seconds to google Diggs interviews, and a whole bunch will pop up. So he does them when he feels like it, and doesn’t when he doesn’t. If you’re willing to talk about the good times you should be able to talk about the bad. I get it, he is emotional and probably better he keeps it to himself in the tough times. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be discussed here.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Probably confusing side discussions with Karlos about the same topic. But to say Diggs never talks or talked to the press it takes two seconds to google Diggs interviews, and a whole bunch will pop up. So he does them when he feels like it, and doesn’t when he doesn’t. If you’re willing to talk about the good times you should be able to talk about the bad. I get it, he is emotional and probably better he keeps it to himself in the tough times. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be discussed here.

I didn't say he never talks to the media, I said he never talks to the media after playoff losses.  He declined last week too even in a win.  

Again, nothing against talking about him, just find it weird so many people try and twist everything he does to make him be someone he has proven he is not.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree Diggs did not have a good game against KC, but he's definitely a real #1.

Having said that, there are a few things he doesn't do well, like physically dominate space and out-muscle guys for the ball, or run after he catches the ball.  Though the latter is often a result of how and when Josh is throwing the ball.

Josh often throw to wide open guys standing at a dead stop.  You ain't gonna get any YAC with that.

I'm annoyed by Diggs right now, but he's still like a top 3 or 5 receiver IMO.

I'd trade him in 2 milliseconds for Jefferson though, but that trade ain't gonna happen for obvious reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, boyst said:

harty is JAG.

Shorter was not called up when we were desperate at WR.

Shakir is a slot who should stay a slot @ #3 - that's not an insult. It's where he thrives.

right? and wouldn't that frustrate someone who is remotely aware? i'm sure he's frustrated with everything because i'm sure he understands where he is and where the team is.

further - thinking Shakir can just suddenly burst up to the #2 WR is a bit much.

Shakir was drafted to replace Cole and from the looks of it he may be able to settle into that role. He's a slot not a 2.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Diggs had a bad drop, no doubt.

But this was a historically inept defensive performance.  Do you know how many times in the past 25 years a defense forced fewer than 5 3rd down plays (as the Bills did on Sunday)?

I think the failure on the fake punt was actually a blessing in disguise, they didn't score following that play due to fumbling it out of the end zone ... if the Bills punted the Chiefs would've walked 80 yards down the field in 4 plays and score.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

His stats from the last 3 Divisional Playoff losses:

2022: 3 rec for 7yds
2023: 4 rec for 35yds
2024: 3 rec for 21yds

Hasn't scored a playoff TD in 4 years. Easy to see why he ducks the media every year.

That's some crazy #1 WR stats there.  He dropped 1 pass (not the only one)  that would have accumulated more yards than the 3 whole games of production that he actually has.  Awful, add in the immature sideshow he brings with him, he just ain't worth it anymore.  And for the move Shakir to 2 wr folks, you do realize he is playing as expected now per his draft position, his emergence is from lack of other recievers that can catch a football.  We need a major overhaul at the WR position, with only Shakir playing like he deserves a job.  Moving him up the depth chart is a failing strategy of not bringing in adequate competition, the exact the Bills have done the last 2 years with Gabe Davis. The goal should be to get better players, not move people up the depth chart because you are unwilling to bring in real talent at the position 

11 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Leadership = talking to media that has made up bull#### about you all year? What’s cowardly and pathetic is running to a message board to talk trash about another person that you don’t know and are clearly wrong about. 

Give those who are supposed to talk to media a "M".  

Diggs is a very emotional player - when Bills lose he has hard dealing with it and when he talks to media with pointed questions he will not represent the Bills well and would rather not do so.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Turning this around - the man is 30 years old and a Captain on the team.  OK, he couldn't handle it after the loss, but 24 hrs afterwards, on locker cleanout day, he can't manage to face the press with a few phrases the PR people could help him craft if he asked, without "twitter fodder"?

Sorry, I don't buy the exculpation that Stefon is just somehow so super more emotional and pissed about losing that he just can't fulfil his NFL-mandated media responsibilities.  If we're trying to say that Stefon somehow hates losing or is more emotional about it than Josh or Bass, I think that's balogna.

It reminds me of Tom Brady running off the field without shaking hands because supposedly he so super specially hates losing more than anyone else he just can't be a good sport.

It's been 48 hours and I'm still pissed about the game. I don't play for the Bills and I don't gamble. I've yet to watch any sports highlight shows reporting about the game. I've only been on TBD and listening to WGR on my way to work. I'm the biggest sore loser but hide it very well. I've been watching cowboy movies only since the loss😅

12 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you think you can treat people differently because of their job?  Do you treat people differently because of their religion or race? 

This comparison is amazing.  Ignorant, stupid, but amazing

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.