Titans to hire Bengals OC Brian Callahan as new HC

Roundybout

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't think they will have the cap space to tag him. I think he will be with another team. Unfortunately not the Bills.

Even with Burrow's contract, they have a lot of cap space. Their problem is a cash-poor owner who can't afford to do the cap gymnastics that other owners do. Also, Tee is going to get paid like a #1 when he isn't one. He drops a lot of passes.

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Even with Burrow's contract, they have a lot of cap space. Their problem is a cash-poor owner who can't afford to do the cap gymnastics that other owners do. Also, Tee is going to get paid like a #1 when he isn't one. He drops a lot of passes.

Burrow alone will count for what 55 mil? They have Chase coming up and didn't they also pay Hendrickson and others? I guess for 2024 they could fit him in under the cap if they tag him but I have to wonder if he would play under it. He wants a long term deal and that does not appear to be in the cards with the Bengals.

9 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Burrow alone will count for what 55 mil? They have Chase coming up and didn't they also pay Hendrickson and others? I guess for 2024 they could fit him in under the cap if they tag him but I have to wonder if he would play under it. He wants a long term deal and that does not appear to be in the cards with the Bengals.

Between Burrow around 55, Chase in the high 20s, and Higgins in the low/mid 20s, they'd have $100M tied up between 3 players.

The Modern NFL!

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/23/2024 at 2:54 AM, JerseyBills said:

Bring in Vrabel as DC?

This.

I haven't heard Vrabel touted as a serious candidate for any of the open HC positions.  If he doesn't land something in the next few days, hire him as DC and Assistant HC, leaving a clear message for McD that his successor is in the building if he doesn't reach a new level next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

5 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

This.

I haven't heard Vrabel touted as a serious candidate for any of the open HC positions.  If he doesn't land something in the next few days, hire him as DC and Assistant HC, leaving a clear message for McD that his successor is in the building if he doesn't reach a new level next year.

Coach McD hires assistant coaches so why would he being wanting to give himself a message?

On 1/22/2024 at 8:52 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Between Burrow around 55, Chase in the high 20s, and Higgins in the low/mid 20s, they'd have $100M tied up between 3 players.

The Modern NFL!

Burrow's cap hit is phased in, "Only" $29MM in 2024.  They have Chase locked up on his rookie contract for just under 10 mm for 2024, 5th yr option will be pricey in 2025.

Meh. Wow, we got the guy who worked with Burrow and Chase!!! Sums up the Titans.

they will have like one or 2 seasons of being a tough team but Levis ain’t a long term guy. I have zero fear of that franchise. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Meh. Wow, we got the guy who worked with Burrow and Chase!!! Sums up the Titans.

they will have like one or 2 seasons of being a tough team but Levis ain’t a long term guy. I have zero fear of that franchise. 

Your first sentence can also apply to the bills offensive coordinator potentially 

On 1/22/2024 at 7:53 PM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not really a huge deal for them. It would be great if someone hired their DC away, that tandem of Taylor/Anarumo is a solid part of why they're good .

Anarumo is overrated. He seems to have Bills #, but league wide his defense was 30th this year and in his career has averaged 25.5 rank in yards and bottom 10 in scoring D. Callahan and Taylor are underrated as they were able to win with Browning (who no one wanted) and not just Burrow.

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Anarumo is overrated. He seems to have Bills #, but league wide his defense was 30th this year and in his career has averaged 25.5 rank in yards and bottom 10 in scoring D. Callahan and Taylor are underrated as they were able to win with Browning (who no one wanted) and not just Burrow.

I don't even know what Callahan did in Cincinnati. He didn't call the plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.