So we're firing McD, right?

Heavy Kevi

Should the Bills Fire McDermott?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Fire McDermott?

• Yep. Too many bad losses and bad coaching in the playoffs
    • Heck No. Playoffs year after year, and we're one of the best teams on NFL

I really needed to take the night to process all of this

at the end of the day, the defensive injuries were just too hard to overcome. We were playing back ups at several positions, not one or two, but several the only part of our defense that was intact was our line. We were playing back up in the secondary and the linebacker positions multiple places 

We forced one punt 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Did you see the garbage, aging, and slow defense out there?  No team is going deep in the playoffs with that

No.  I saw a patchwork, aging, semi-injuried group of mostly second stringers trying to piece together a win.  So cut some slack. 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The defense has let him down and it isn't just bad luck.  Bad luck is what happened to Marty Schottenheimer over the years with Ernest Byner and Marlon McCree fumbling away victories.  What we witnessed over the last four playoff losses isn't bad luck.  They have been complete failures in defensive game planning and/or execution.  

“Why can’t McD win with all this ?”

Because he’s an average HC and a decent d coordinator who lucked into having a once in a generation talent at QB and is holding on for dear life making every excuse in the book to keep this job before he never gets a chance like this again. In the meantime we have to watch the best player our franchise has ever had settle for mediocrity around him because ownership is ok with just making the playoffs and winning the division year in and year out (which is great if you didn’t have the above mentioned superstar unbelievable talent at QB that any HC in the world would give their left nut to coach) and of course Beane is going to spin it that we’re on the rise and next year will be the year because he doesn’t have the balls to call out his buddy that got him the job…why’s that Beane? Because ultimately he probably feels if McD goes the new coach is going to bring in his own GM. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

You don’t think having to rely on ancient AJ Klein was a problem?

Lol, than he shouldn't have used Klein, no? Was there or was there not other options, players, game plan etc, he's the defensive mastermind right?

Again, until this year I was a big McDermott supporter. But you look at that,  and the stat of only team with 58 wins over 5 years with no SB, it simply SCREAMS that's on coaching. Doesn't it??

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

No.  I saw a patchwork, aging, semi-injuried group of mostly second stringers trying to piece together a win. 

S. T. F. U. 

Evidently the six game winning streak when our offense couldn't score enough points so our D and special teams helped are long forgotten... if we make that FG and win the game all of this is moot. People are acting like the Chiefs kicked our as*es and it's ridiculous.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Every post season defeat excuses and giving McDermott a pass....clock is ticking on Allen's career...guess we will be content wasting it as long as we get 10 divison titles 

Philly said the same thing about Andy Reid. I'm not saying McD is the guy or that his seat shouldn't be hot. But he did a better job w/ that shell of a D than most would have. & We won't win w/ some of the players we've got no matter who the HC is. There's no legit WR-1 to help Allen on this team. Diggs is a WR-2. You're 100% right we are wasting Allen's prime, that WR Corp only has Shakir as a reliable weapon for him. We've got Kincaid & Cook, but we need more/better deep threat weapons so when he unleashes that cannon someone actually catches the GD ball.

• Like (+1) 1

He puts together just a good enough defense and system to help Josh get 11+ wins each year.  But once the playoffs start everything about his defense crashes down.  And until he's gone this will continue every year.  He's terrible scheming against elite teams/ qbs.

5 minutes ago, JMM said:

Again, until this year I was a big McDermott supporter. But you look at that,  and the stat of only team with 58 wins over 5 years with no SB, it simply SCREAMS that's on coaching. Doesn't it??

Gee ya think. Yet we'll be stuck with this idiot for a couple more years. I guess Pegula likes getting kicked in the face.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

There's always someone to rush to the front with an excuse for McDermott.

No, in no way am I making an excuse for him.  I'm just saying the injuries played a huge factor.  I didn't like Klein in.  I think Williams should have started.  I think Neal should have covered Kelce much earlier.  I think they should have pressured more.  He's also at fault

• Like (+1) 1

Why do you think the Bills should have won? The strategy seemed pretty sound given our injuries and the opponent to make the game as short as possible. We went into the half with the lead and with less than two minutes on the clock we had a chance to go up 4 and the players didn't execute.

I never wanted McDermott hired int he first place and will be glad to see him canned, but what exactly did you want him to do that he didn't do yesterday? Our team was outclassed in every phase and still had a chance to win. I give him credit for that.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Offense lost this one, perhaps the defense would have given the opportunity, but the offense didn't afford them the opportunity to blow it.

Yes, the offense was the one giving up 7 yards a pop to Pacheco. Freaking offense needs to play better

15 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Lol, than he shouldn't have used Klein, no? Was there or was there not other options, players, game plan etc, he's the defensive mastermind right?

In past games against the chefs they used Neal to cover kelce. One game he was pretty good another iirc he got called for a bunch of penalties, some questionable and Kelce had better day.  Why wait until the second half to use Neal when it was clear Klein was struggling early in the game. There was a few things McDermott could have changed earlier to slow them down but he briefly tried Williams and that was it for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

Its crazy but I'm jealous of  Detroit and how well campbell has that team playing? 3rd year coach has his team ready and playing hard every week, the team is playing like a well oiled machine.  Hell, we almost lost to them last year.  I personally feel like they will beat the 49ers with ease and go to the super bowl.  Mcdormett has gone as far as he can go. The proof is in the zero progress  we make every year.  He cant beat the chiefs in the playoffs, Burrow and the bengals seemed to move the ball with ease against this defense.  

Id hate to have  a OC Brady affect again, when he took over and had success, we all including myself said "Dorsey should have been fired SOONER".

Edited by billsfan3482

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really needed to take the night to process all of this

at the end of the day, the defensive injuries were just too hard to overcome. We were playing back ups at several positions, not one or two, but several the only part of our defense that was intact was our line. We were playing back up in the secondary and the linebacker positions multiple places 

We forced one punt 

Having said all that, the offense still had an opportunity to take the lead with under 2 mins left and they didn’t make enough plays. 

that’s the real story. They didn’t capitalize on the opportunities that were in front of them, again.

Edited by PepeSilvia
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.