Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, stevestojan said:

On a positive note, ESPN will at least have a highlight to show when they hand Damar the comeback player award. So there’s that. Which is nice. 

Part of me thinks that’s why they ran him on that play instead of someone who actually had the talent to get the first down.  Someone had their eyes on a Hallmark Moment.  Hope I’m wrong.  

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Maybe I'm just used to the disappointment but this one didn't hurt as much. I'm maddest at Bass but can blame others including Josh on 2nd and 3rd down on the final drive. The defense was poor all game. I know McDermott not good enough but who is?

The DL specifically non existent.  

Just now, billsfanmd07 said:

Special teams coach should be fired Monday.   Worst fake punt I have ever seen. Looked like it had no chance from the start.  Punting tonight bad.  Missed filled goal.  We’re lucky his XP made it they sailed right too. 

We never should have tried that, and that's on McD.  You have no idea that McD didn't instruct the STs coach to do that.  It was downright stupid.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills weren't good enough to overcome the injuries, then you tack on the missed opportunities.  

Been saying it since Josh was drafted, this offense needs more playmakers. 

Agreed. We need wideouts. 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott is not going anywhere and I am not really his biggest supporter.  Bills finished the season strong and came up short against one of best QB's in NFL history.  I think the play calling at the end was not there and it cost us.  They should have had Allen pass or run himself on first down and not run Cook that got us behind the sticks.  Even if Bass makes that FG Mahomes has loads of time for game winning FG. 

End of the day,  this offence is still not like before and we don't have enough speed at WR position.  We need to draft an explosive WR because Diggs has maybe one more year left in him.  Diggs still has not shown he can be a big play maker in playoff games,  that drop on that long pass hurt

If McDermott continues to push cavemen football you will not win in the playoffs,  you need pass and score as quickly as possible.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfanmd07 said:

The DL specifically non existent.  

They kept trying to rush Mahomes around the edges despite Mahomes not having a huge night.  Mahome's night was very pedestrian.  

Meanwhile, at opportune times, Pacheco ran as if he was Emmitt Smith in his prime.  

Also, how are Kelce and a couple of other receivers wide f'n open?  We can't blame the LBs for that.  Anyone can cover, but not a player was in the area for several of their huge gains.  

We need to face it, McD's Ds, and this one was all on him, simply collapse in the Divisional Round or after.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

Special teams coach should be fired Monday.   Worst fake punt I have ever seen. Looked like it had no chance from the start.  Punting tonight bad.  Missed filled goal.  We’re lucky his XP made it they sailed right too. 

Need to bring back Matt Ariza

• Agree 1

Wow, it's amazing to me to see all those who think we need to fire the coaches or make other radical changes.  I guess you guys weren't fans through the whole drought?  I was, and for the horror years when Miami beat us 20 times in a row.  I'm glad to have the team we have, and the coaches.  This game was a classic heavyweight bout, blow by blow with multiple lead changes and we had a chance to win it at the end but fell short.  It's not like the wheels fell off.  I'll get beat up for saying it but what we really witnessed was a valiant effort late in the season by a team whose defense was pretty much decimated.  Did you really think we were going to pull off a Super Bowl win?  There will be a year when we will not lose the war of attrition.  The Chiefs are not miles better than us, we damn near won.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 3

4 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I didn't say he lost us the game. read again. I said he played a great game But he shouldn't have thrown the pass to the end zone.

Every-time the Bills lose the board is full of the mentally ill calling for the firing of all the coaches and staff. The coaches didn't drop a bomb that hit them in the hands, Diggs did, The coaches didn't drop a sure touchdown, Cook did. The coaches didn't cripple Milano or Tre.  The coaches didn't beat up the 5 million people we have that didn't play today because of injury.

The team came into this game with the D being the walking wounded. We had a great run to steal the division from the fins but sooner or later all the injuries were going to catch up to us. KC only punted once the entire game. You dont win games when you cant stop the other team, but can you really blame the D when we had second and third stringers starting?

At any rate I will be taking my umbrella with me tomorrow. From all the irrational stuff I am reading on this board I figure some of these people will be jumping out of windows.

Moving on from the coach is not irrational.  I thought the people who said to move on from McD after 13 seconds were irrational, it turns out they were right.

He did a great job building us up and ending the drought.  But he clearly can't play with the big dogs.  Defense is his specialty and the D was an embarrassment tonight by every metric.  Yes we had injuries.  More than most.  It's no excuse to have wide open receivers every single drive allowing a team to easily move the ball down the field.  He played a hurt punter and a kicker that clearly lost his confidence.  We are wasting a very special player's prime years.  It will be the great regret of the franchise unless we rip the band aid off.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.