1/21/24 Division Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Chiefs Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Question of the day: will Josh Allen finally QB sneak to his right?

Personally I think they should just go back to regular formation and dump the tush push.  Josh was fine on QB sneaks and regular formation gives a threat of another play.  Tush push formation everyone is going to stack the line leaving less chance of making it.

• Like (+1) 2

Welp. About time the bills team players and coaches are all humming on game day. Alas, they only did it once this year. Week 4 miami. 

too many injuries to START the game on D. WR2 is out. 

I feel a bengals type beat down today 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 7

52 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

We should have a thread on what Mahomes will b-word about when he loses tonight. 

My guess is - again he will again throw a fit about officiating

You people really want excuses to hate Mahomes, don’t you? 

He shouldn’t have exploded on that ref, but that’s literally the only moment in his career that he wasn’t a class act. It isn’t hard to see why somebody would be ticked in that situation. To look the other way at offensive Offside all game and consistently in other games for decades, never calling it once in Reid’s career, then throwing the flag in that moment? Face it, any of us would be pissed. Fans get mad and scream at refs constantly, but a player isn’t allowed one moment in his career? 

It’s not like Allen hasn’t had classless moments. He threw the ball at a KC player just because he was mad that he took a sack. Fought with teammates in training camp, etc. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll take it. Mahomes is the annoying crybaby who managed an exploit while paired with a top 10 defensive unit every year of his career and Manning was an elite maestro who could improve at the line.

Though prime John Elway seems the best comparison 

I want Elway his WCO years under Shanahan.  😁

19 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I can't speak for everyone here BUT personally I liked Peyton more than Marsha and it wasn't even close

Oh God yes.

5 minutes ago, balln said:

Welp. About time the bills team players and coaches are all humming on game day. Alas, they only did it once this year. Week 4 miami. 

Newsflash: WR2 is starting. His name is Khalil Shakir.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SaulGoodman said:

He shouldn’t have exploded on that ref, but that’s literally the only moment in his career that he wasn’t a class act. It isn’t hard to see why somebody would be ticked in that situation. To look the other way at offensive Offside all game and consistently in other games for decades, never calling it once in Reid’s career, then throwing the flag in that moment? Face it, any of us would be pissed. Fans get mad and scream at refs constantly, but a player isn’t allowed one moment in his career? 

It’s not like Allen hasn’t had classless moments. He threw the ball at a KC player just because he was mad that he took a sack. Fought with teammates in training camp, etc. 

I don't hate Mahomes.  His brother maybe but not Mahomes. For me though, it wasn't him screaming at the refs.  Its what he said to Josh at the end of the game instead of just saying "good game" or something.  That was poor sportsmanship IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

"WR 2" had 0 catches the last time the bills beat the chiefs.

I have no idea how they are going to replace that production 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

How was that a smack down of the Bills?

Perhaps I misspoke. His smackdown is on all the other teams that couldn’t keep the Bills out of the tournament. I thought that was obvious..🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Or maybe, just maybe, he’s just as classless as his obnoxious family and we’ finally saw his true character. Apple doesn’t fall far…

Dude was born on third base in both life and football having landed in the perfect spot. The entitlement really showed.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Newsflash: WR2 is starting. His name is Khalil Shakir.

Even if RAS and Dodson play - they’re not 100% - mahommes and Reid are going to target benford and Bernard / backups. Run screens and reverses bc we can’t stop it.

i don’t think our O can OUT wit Spags ENOUGH to make up for our D vs their O matchup. And their special teams.

if the bills are behind at any point by 2 scores. THE whole stadium, coach and players will tighten up badly. Bengals loss

hope I’m wrong 

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, balln said:

Cmon man.  I think they learned a painful lesson in that game and the intensity today will be 50x more.  This will be a real game.

Edited by zow2

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Looks like he's definitely got a descent limp going on.

I don't think he suits up but hope I'm wrong 

Yeah I saw a little limp too.  Amazing what some shots and tape will do though.  Probably game time decision on him.

Security told Bernard "Good game", I take that as a guarantee he's playing... no backsies.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yeah that’s a guy with a banged up ankle who is trying to pretend and act like he’s ok.  We need a healthy body at LB today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yeah I think there is 0 chance he is playing with that limp.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't hate Mahomes.  His brother maybe but not Mahomes. For me though, it wasn't him screaming at the refs.  Its what he said to Josh at the end of the game instead of just saying "good game" or something.  That was poor sportsmanship IMO.

I think Allen realized it wasn’t meant as disrespect to him. They’re friends and I think they talk pretty regularly, so their exchanges aren’t as formal as most. 

• Like (+1) 1

Winds throughout the game are predicted to be from the WSW at 11.  For the middle of winter that’s pretty calm.  Shouldn’t have a huge impact on passing or kicking.