Josh Allen: The Correct Choice for NFL MVP

MJS

If it wasn't Lamar, it should have been Purdy. I think it was Barnwell who pointed out that Purdy had the 4th greatest statistical season of all time by any/a+. Dak had a better statistical season as well. Mahomes was about the same as Josh and arguably had less weapons. 

Josh will hopefully prove he's the best player in the NFL with this upcoming SB run, but as for 2023 MVP, No. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 14
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, VW82 said:

If it wasn't Lamar, it should have been Purdy. I think it was Barnwell who pointed out that Purdy had the 4th greatest statistical season of all time by any/a+. Dak had a better statistical season as well. Mahomes was about the same as Josh and arguably had less weapons. 

Josh will hopefully prove he's the best player in the NFL with this upcoming SB run, but as for 2023 MVP, No. 

until you watch Purdy and Allen play the game of football and quickly realize there’s levels to this QB thing lol.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Who cares about the MVP. It's about winning the SB. An MVP w/o a SB is worthless

again who's disagreeing about the Super Bowl being more important? It's like you're having an argument with yourself.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Who cares about the MVP. It's about winning the SB. An MVP w/o a SB is worthless

It's possible to care about more than one thing. I can want Josh to win an MVP and also want the Bills to win the super bowl.

• Like (+1) 6

5 hours ago, VW82 said:

Purdy? Lmao

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, julian said:

until you watch Purdy and Allen play the game of football and quickly realize there’s levels to this QB thing lol.

Purdy was surrounding by a cast of all-stars. Put Purdy on the Bills and they win 6 games. Put Allen on the 49ers and they might not lose.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Anytime Lamar runs into a coach in the postseason who has any defensive acumen, he turns into a poor man's Tyrod Taylor. He's not as good as Allen, Burrow, or Mahomes, for sure, and I don't think as good as A- guys like Herbert and Hurts either.

Hurts stinks, I would rather have Lamar over Hurts.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

CMC is the correct choice for MVP, but he won't win it because he plays the wrong position.

He had a great season. I think this year it is tough because there is no clear choice. And it is hard to give it to a running back because they just aren't as valuable as QB's these days no matter how you look at it.

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Purdy was surrounding by a cast of all-stars. Put Purdy on the Bills and they win 6 games. Put Allen on the 49ers and they might not lose.

I'm tellin' ya, can you imagine Allen on that Niner offense with that offensive coaching.   Don't know about that 6 games thing w/ Purdy though, he's good as well.  

NFL records being set with Allen though! 

Edited by PBF81

6 hours ago, VW82 said:

Tell me you're a troll without telling me you're a troll

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.