Good news out of South Beach

Draconator

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Bwahahahahaha, Tua elite, Bwahahahahaha, 😂🤣😆  

The dude was the unanimous probowl starter....ahead of guys like Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, etc.

Like I said, he obviously needs to take him game to the next level now and produce in big spots/playoffs/etc.

I think Tua is a "nice QB". But when QB's get extended they generally reset the market. Tua just isn't a $40-$50M QB. 

Flip Tua with Allen/Mahomes and I think Miami is the hands down 1 seed and Buffalo/KC miss the playoffs all together.

This also applies to Hurts. I think Philly is the 1 seed with Allen/Mahomes and both teams miss the playoffs with Hurts. He is just Tyrod Taylor but stronger. Hurts will get Sirianni canned because of his extension kind of like how the Wentz deal cost Pederson. (over simplifying)

Edited by Mango

Miami should have learned it's lesson with Ryan Tannehill several years ago.

You don't give big extensions to mid-level quarterbacks.

I'm sure lots of people will point to the stats, but those numbers are due to the system and skilled players around him.  Once Tua's contract goes on the books, it will be harder and harder to keep that kind of talent there to prop him up.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The dude was the unanimous probowl starter....ahead of guys like Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, etc.

Like I said, he obviously needs to take him game to the next level now and produce in big spots/playoffs/etc.

Yeah this wasn't year 1,2, or 3 this was year 4 next year is his last before he has to be signed, tagged, or let go to Free Agency. You're #1 pick Franchise QB needs to have done that by now. Pro Bowl doesn't mean *****, Mahomes made the Pro Bowl this year and he didn't do ***** in the regular season.

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, Sestak4ever said:

What the gm says in public to try to maintain cohesion among the team vs. what they really think can be very different. It also puts the ball in Tua’s court to come to an agreement.

He should see how well Lamar's contract worked out and do himself without an agent and save the agent fee.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Make Tua the highest paid at his position !!!

Tua is a solid QB but I wouldn't call him elite, but Miami should overpay...

Tua is solid like a stack of dominos until he is hit.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still think Tua is an elite franchise QB.

Obviously at some point though he's going to have to win a big game just like Dak Prescott who has also posted silly regular season numbers for years but came up small in the playoffs/big games.

Sure you do.  As a fan of the Fish, what else can you think?

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Such an accolade. Good thing fans can vote as many times as they like... have the blisters on your fingers healed, yet?

17 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

This is not a bad thing for Miami.  Tua is a solid productive QB.  Miami's problem is Josh Allen is a unicorn and he plays in Buffalo.  Nobody Miami could ever acquire is going to be able to put the team on his shoulders in crunch time the way Josh Allen can.

They're points per game average dropped about 10 ppg in the second half of the season.

Obviously at some point though he's going to have to win a big game just like Dak Prescott who has also posted silly regular season numbers for years but came up small in the playoffs/big games.

As a Buffalo fan, I hope that Miami fans like this guy & especially the Miami front office keep thinking this way! 

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Bwahahahahaha get a grip on yourself, Tua is not in the elite conversation, he is a one read system QB, can’t perform off script, and gives up in games, and had to take falling down lessons because he is so fragile, go back to fin heaven and cry those tears with your brethren.

Awww bless.

I still don't understand why the Dolphins are a such a trigger for most Bills fans, especially on this forum.

We've dominated them for years and it's about as one sided of a rivalry out there. Unless deep down ya'all fear them because of how talented they are and praying it all don't come together? (like it certainly almost did this year).

Either way who really cares at this point. Time to focus on the task at hand....figuring out how to solve the Chiefs puzzle and this group getting to their first super bowl.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Brad Pitt, Henry Cavill, Chris Hemsworth (Mahomes, Allen, Jackson)

So... Achilles, Superman, and Thor? Quick, someone fire an arrow at Mahomes. Does that make Tua Paul Rudd? ...cuz he seems to shrink when everything's on the line?

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tua isn't elite because he simply doesn't have the intangibles like leadership, ability to improvise, will to win, etc that separate QBs like Allen or Mahomes from other top QBs.   That doesn't mean he's trash, but he's just not up there with the very best.  He's a very good QB who excels when he's in the right offensive system, and obviously McDaniel's system is perfect for making Tua look like a star during the regular season. 

Unfortunately, McDaniel's system also almost guarantees that the Fins are going fail in the playoffs.  McDaniel's system is to build  an offensive juggernaut that depends on getting up on opponents early and often to mask the limitations of the talent limitations of the rest of the team.   To that end, most of Miami's talent has been put into the offensive skill players.  When the Fins can't get a big, early lead on opponents, they struggle which makes McDaniel's system a recipe for failure in the playoffs, especially in the AFC which is loaded with teams with smart physical defenses along with good offenses that frequently feature elite/excellent QBs and strong running games.

IMO, the Fins need to change their philosophy -- and likely the people who who instituted it -- before they jettison Tua.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.