Tony Romo

newcam2012

It’s funny—I felt like the exact opposite all night—Romo was grating on my nerves so much I had to mute him during much of the 3rd Q—the constant Rudolph fanboy act was getting old quick, despite knowing he has a job to make the players seem to be more on par with one another than they actually are. Just imho of course! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

He was spot on about not throwing it before the first half 2m warning.  

Yep, and McClappy & company went totally opposite of what Romo said, and what anybody who has watched NFL football for any length of time knew they should do. Thankfully, the Bills were able to overcome McD's ineptitude, due to the greatness of JA and Shakir, and also the weakness of the Steelers, who really shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Yep, and McClappy & company went totally opposite of what Romo said, and what anybody who has watched NFL football for any length of time knew they should do. Thankfully, the Bills were able to overcome McD's ineptitude, due to the greatness of JA and Shakir, and also the weakness of the Steelers, who really shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

Pretty sure Brady and Josh are running the offense. This is why McD has had to step in before. He arguably should've stepped in here, too, but it wasn't a desperate situation.

Every time I see one of these threads, it is always fun to see the number of people who call Jim Nantz "Jim Nance" and Cris Collinsworth "Collingsworth".

If you're gonna criticize these guys, and I agree they often deserve it... at least bother to spell their names correctly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The combo of Romo and Nantz are my top commentary team.   I guess people just got annoyed listening to Romo but I’d much rather hear him over that tool Chris Collingsworth any day.  

I’m also a big fan of Kevin Harlan and Trent Green.  I remember Harlan was one of the lower ranking teams and he always drew Bills games during the end of the drought.  He made those game fun.  

I was just mad we couldn't get a typical "It is Da-VIS!" out of Nantz this game since he wasn't playing...

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I really enjoyed Romo's commentary today. Early he spotted a Bill's defensive coverage stop, really gave Allen his flowers, talked about how Pitt was getting momentum and it was nervous time for Buffalo. His enthusiasm was really good.

The only thing I disagreed with was the Hyde and Poyer comments. 

Overall, he did an outstanding job. I kind of get the feeling he's secretly cheering for the Bills. 

I don’t even know how secret it is haha he said we’d win the division when we were 6-6 and everyone flamed him for it which probably made him like us even more when we proved him right 😂

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

yawn...

Was he also inept as a DC this game with his 4th and 5th LB playing including a dude off the practice squad that was just signed Wednesday in Klein and his 5th, 6th and 7th CB's?  

Some people just are neegative to be negative.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

He harped for a long time on the close pass interference that wasn't called against Buffalo, even after the rules expert said he wouldn't have called it. Other than that, I thought he did a good job.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Romo is almost always good.  So are some others.

I'm one that thinks fans are way too critical of them.

True.  That's why James Lofton still has a job so we can at least tolerate the rest.

• Haha (+1) 1

Since his very first game I thought that Tony Romo was the best color guy on tv and I can't think of another person I'd put him living or dead. He has the ability to make any game exciting to watch.

Despite most Bills fans hating him for whatever reason, he's also been a pretty open supporter of the Bills and Allen from the beginning.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

i love that romo analyzes why a play went wrong, he scrutinizes reviews well, and why a penalty was or wasn't called. and he calls what he sees, for better or worse. as far as josh goes, ya he loves him.

• Haha (+1) 1

I absolutely love Romo. It might be cos I'm overseas and he doesn't grate so much. But I find him really insightful. Yes, he gets a bit excited and can be overly positive. But in our sports over here all commentators ever do is criticise, and Romo's positivity is a welcome change of pace. His chemistry with Jim Nantz is great and clearly genuine, IMO. I always like it when he's on our games. Plus, he saw us taking the number two seed when we had a 5% chance. He's been there, done it, isn't up his own a-hole and genuinely loves the sport he's a part of. 

Edited by Bill Grundy

8 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The combo of Romo and Nantz are my top commentary team.   I guess people just got annoyed listening to Romo but I’d much rather hear him over that tool Chris Collingsworth any day.  

I’m also a big fan of Kevin Harlan and Trent Green.  I remember Harlan was one of the lower ranking teams and he always drew Bills games during the end of the drought.  He made those game fun.  

Harlan is awesome. I like Ian Eagle. The real gem is over there doing silly college games — Thee Gus Johnson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.