Some NFL fans think the NFL was rigged FOR the Bills ... not against

CodeMonkey

16 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Some NFL fans think the NFL was rigged FOR the Bills ... not against

Of course they do.

Bills fans think it's rigged against the Bills. Fins fans think it's rigged against the Fins. Jets fans think it's rigged against the Jets.

That's how confirmation bias works in a normal functional system.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

Once Burrow went down, I was pretty confident the league would fix things a little bit to make sure Josh got into the postseason.

Star QB’s in the NFL have always gotten preferential treatment, and the NFL wants their stars in the postseason. The NFL would be very sad if they had Mason Rudolph vs Gardner Minshew in the first round. 

Not saying any game individually was fixed, but you’re crazy if you don’t think we got the benefit of some 50-50 calls along the way. 

I agree with that. We definitely had a little help.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

Once Burrow went down, I was pretty confident the league would fix things a little bit to make sure Josh got into the postseason.

Star QB’s in the NFL have always gotten preferential treatment, and the NFL wants their stars in the postseason. The NFL would be very sad if they had Mason Rudolph vs Gardner Minshew in the first round. 

Not saying any game individually was fixed, but you’re crazy if you don’t think we got the benefit of some 50-50 calls along the way. 

The idea is stupid. And not a little bit.

Hugely massively stupid.

Know what happens to big conspiracies, real ones, anyway? They come out. Somebody talks. Look at the number of criminals caught when somebody gets drunk and talks or tells someone he's sure he can trust or starts spending money wildly and stupidly. And those are tiny conspiracies compared to what this would have to be.

Go to a business school and ask them if this would make sense, even taking the idea of illegality and jail time completely out of it. 

The NFL putting together a big conspiracy would be wildly stupid, risking tens of billions over the next few years for a few tens of millions with the odds greatly stacked against the risk panning and staying secret. Which it would not. It would come out. It would kill the golden goose, and as such, be massively stupid, taking a huge risk, for minimal gains percentage-wise and with poor odds of keeping it secret. A vastly stupid risk. The owners, particularly individually, will make some stupid moves. But not this obviously stupid.

And of course we got the benefit of some 50-50 calls along the way. Not because it was fixed. Because you get the benefit of about 50% of the 50-50 calls just from the nature of what 50-50 calls are. We had calls go against us and for us. That's the way it works.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Every league has superstar calls, whether it is Michael Jordan, Sidney Crosby, Lionel Messi, or Tom Brady.  I haven't been following baseball that much but I am sure top echelon pitchers get the benefit of doubt on ball/strike calls compare to an unknown rookie.  

I don't think you need a the NFL league office handing out a conspiratorial edict for this to occur, it's just human nature. If DeAndre Hopkins is going up against some unknown rookie CB, Hopkins will get the benefit of the doubt on borderline DPI calls simply because referees expect Hopkins to come up with the ball.

17 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

100% missed call.   Add another log on the refs are horrible fire!

But to say that play definitively impacted the ultimate outcome is a very long stretch.    

Also who in their right mind thinks the NFL wants anything but large market teams to advance?   Hhaha

Spitballing…. but…. I suppose they could want an AFC counterpart to Green Bay. Small market, rabid regional fan base, top 5 QB that has some Favre in him. It’s even better for them because Pegula is legit wealthy, and doesn’t have to disclose financials like a public company. Bills are also that wedge into the Canadian market.  There are a lot of fans in SW Ontario, and they want that viewership. 

This is a fanbase that called Milano dirty for his gentle tackle on Tagovailoa but don't mention their DT grabbing people's junk whenever he gets close enough.  One is in the confines of the game the other is sexual abuse

17 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I know, too bad so sad fish fans.  But just goes to show perspective can be a funny thing.

So we know why Tagovailoa threw the INT the last drive because Allen's hand was on the out of bounds line, why did they not score the rest of the second half?

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t think we got any preferential treatment beyond the usual randomness of NFL officials just making unintentional bad calls .

Your theory makes sense. But facts don’t support it. Facts are Burrow suffered his season ending injury the week prior to the Bills vs. Eagles game. The Eagles were in no threat of missing the playoffs at that point, even having the leagues best record at that point I believe. Meanwhile a loss for the Bills would seemingly have put the nail in their coffin for the season. 

In a tight game the flag discrepancy at one point was 10 to 1 against the Bills in that game I believe. If your theory is accurate surely the officials in such a critical game for the Bills season could have found one or two calls that would have resulted in a Bills victory that day. 

That's what I was thinking.  The Eagles game blows that whole theory up.

Well, from a neutral perspective, Josh Allen (for the good and the bad) is the most entertaining player in the NFL. Sure, given a choice, the league wants him to go as deep as he can into the playoffs. But do they rig or favor things? I can't bring myself to believe that.

As long as humans are making the calls on the field, there will be errors. The hope is they fall your way more often than not, or at just the right time.

That was less "rigged" than the ignored DPI on Knox that would have made it 1st and goal at the 1. The Bills likely score a TD there.  Ten more seconds and one clock stoppage wasn't going to do anything for Miami with the way Tua was playing and Miami still had to score a TD just to tie it.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Spitballing…. but…. I suppose they could want an AFC counterpart to Green Bay. Small market, rabid regional fan base, top 5 QB that has some Favre in him. It’s even better for them because Pegula is legit wealthy, and doesn’t have to disclose financials like a public company. Bills are also that wedge into the Canadian market.  There are a lot of fans in SW Ontario, and they want that viewership. 

You are being funny right?    I’m going to give it to you that this is very funny.   

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

They already have the AFC equivalent of Green Bay in Kansas City.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The NFL is an entertainment show. The ultimate reality TV.  Of course they wanted Allen in.  

Allen and the Bills were in earlier in the day when the Jags lost. 

16 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

You are being funny right?    I’m going to give it to you that this is very funny.   

Having fun with all the “theories”.

15 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

They already have the AFC equivalent of Green Bay in Kansas City.

Just playing around man

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.