Wyatt Teller's wife dishes on her difficult, non-working life

stuvian

This is just stupid! She is not complaining about anything, she is making fun of what many of you on here think about these NFL WAGs. Your stereotypes and assumptions of her as an NFL wife. And to top it off, most of the comments here are actually fulfilling the narrative that she is espousing. Watching that video was somewhat amusing when you take into account that this is exactly what people assume of her. It is basically the privilege that is assumed that you receive because of your occupation, or your relationship to someone in a certain occupation, and it can realistically be done with any occupation. To me she seems pretty grounded, she seems like a real world person that is laughing at many of you who think she is something that she is not. Leave the poor gal alone, she is making fun of the assumptions, not whining about her tough life. Some of you need to lighten up and get a clue.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

this is a trend women are doing...

" i am a girl  from asheville, of course i wake up and drink wine by 9am"

"i'm a girl from asheville, of course my family grew up poor and now i live beyond my means "

"i'm a girl from asheville, of course ..."

it's satire exagerating all of the stereotypes of being whatever they're saying...

Got it, thanks

"On trend" with social media is still something I'll never be

For the wife of a guy who signed for $29M guaranteed to  be pity-partying on social media is still IMO highly tone deaf

Maybe stop following social media trends and do something meaningful honey.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Got it, thanks

"On trend" with social media is still something I'll never be

For the wife of a guy who signed for $29M guaranteed to  be pity-partying on social media is still IMO highly tone deaf

Maybe stop following social media trends and do something meaningful honey.

it is supposed to be the anti trend. It mocks the others of the crowd and what others see of her crowd.

so it's not accurate to say this is counter social media but it is supposed to be painted as anti social media and anti conformist.

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

it is supposed to be the anti trend. It mocks the others of the crowd and what others see of her crowd.

so it's not accurate to say this is counter social media but it is supposed to be painted as anti social media and anti conformist.

Using social media to be counter social media and conforming to social media trends to be 'anti conformist' is 'too much' for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

You have no idea if she actually wants to have this life or if she preferred to just have him be a normal person doing a normal job.

She had a choice in marrying him. When my FIL was young, he wanted to be a dairy farmer like his father. His fiance saw that his parents never took vacations because there were always farm chores to do, so she told him that she wouldn't marry him if he became a farmer. He decided that he wanted her more than he wanted to be a farmer.

Teller had already been drafted into the NFL when they started dating, so she knew from the start what his career path was, and she chose to get into a relationship with him anyway. I do understand that there are hassles associated with being a celebrity (or being married to one), but it's a chosen lifestyle - like everything, it comes with its pros and cons. Her video focused on the cons; the fans are reminding everyone about the pros.

13 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah Beane screwed the pooch hard on that one.  I mean he only became an All Pro guard and all.

Beane acknowledges he pulled the plug on Teller too soon.  Teller was a rookie and the Bills had some veteran guards they wanted to use.  None of whom were anywhere near as good as Teller turned out to be.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

She had a choice in marrying him. When my FIL was young, he wanted to be a dairy farmer like his father. His fiance saw that his parents never took vacations because there were always farm chores to do, so she told him that she wouldn't marry him if he became a farmer. He decided that he wanted her more than he wanted to be a farmer.

Teller had already been drafted into the NFL when they started dating, so she knew from the start what his career path was, and she chose to get into a relationship with him anyway. I do understand that there are hassles associated with being a celebrity (or being married to one), but it's a chosen lifestyle - like everything, it comes with its pros and cons. Her video focused on the cons; the fans are reminding everyone about the pros.

I will say this, and it's something Josh Allen himself has touched on. 

Sometimes people choose one life path, and they kind of know on paper what it involves.   Like say, they want to be a surgeon, and they look at a surgeon's training written out on paper in front of them, 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 5-7 years of surgical residency.   But they don't really realize the nitty gritty of what that means, that they'll be 31 and may barely have time for a social life much less kids and a family.  So it hits different from the inside, while you're going through it.

Josh has touched on, he always wanted to be an NFL QB and play football at the highest level, and now he is, and it's great.  But he didn't really realize what that would come to mean to his life outside of football.  His first couple years, he could get away with taking a commercial flight wearing shorts and a scruffy hoodie and backpack and not being recognized or going to a restaurant and if someone "aren't you..." saying "who's that? never heard of him", or going on a vacation and not drawing attention. 

Now he can't, and it's clear that really bothers him, but it's part of the territory so he has had to adjust and "take the bad with the good".

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Beane acknowledges he pulled the plug on Teller too soon.  Teller was a rookie and the Bills had some veteran guards they wanted to use.  None of whom were anywhere near as good as Teller turned out to be.

I have given beane props for admitting the bad move.  He made 2 great ones and a good one this offseason at the guard position. and it's paid off.

Now if he can finally address WR in round 1 and do it effectively, then he has really started knocking it out of the park.

3 hours ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

This is just stupid! She is not complaining about anything, she is making fun of what many of you on here think about these NFL WAGs. Your stereotypes and assumptions of her as an NFL wife. And to top it off, most of the comments here are actually fulfilling the narrative that she is espousing. Watching that video was somewhat amusing when you take into account that this is exactly what people assume of her. It is basically the privilege that is assumed that you receive because of your occupation, or your relationship to someone in a certain occupation, and it can realistically be done with any occupation. To me she seems pretty grounded, she seems like a real world person that is laughing at many of you who think she is something that she is not. Leave the poor gal alone, she is making fun of the assumptions, not whining about her tough life. Some of you need to lighten up and get a clue.

I get what she was trying to do, and if she was successful for you, that's cool.

For me, the rapid-fire long list of things comes off more as passive aggressive complaining.  For example, she says to the effect: "Of course my family can come to your event whenever you need us during the season" is really a situation most of us face on some level.  It's a petty gripe, and most of her video comes off as such.  Even mentioning twice getting hit up for tickets, she's way too specific about each making it feel like a personal gripe.  Feeble attempt at humor and arrogant IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

I get what you are saying but sometimes the best thing to say is nothing.  All people have problems and challenges in life.  Her "challenges" and "stressors" are real however they are miniscule when you compare them to other typical folks.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

So they start dating, she falls deeply in love and you want her to ask him to stop the only dream he's likely ever had that like .001% of the population (if that) even has a chance of achieving?!

Your dairy farmer analogy isn't a good one (I do appreciate sharing a personal story)...basically anyone can become a dairy farmer if they wanted to and can find a comparable job if they choose to do something different.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:33 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

I get what you are saying but sometimes the best thing to say is nothing.  All people have problems and challenges in life.  Her "challenges" and "stressors" are real however they are miniscule when you compare them to other typical folks.   

Okay, so while I do like the name as I could’ve easily just been the Matt in az, we all do have problems, challenges, and stressors in life. However, like I said she is poking fun at what is expected from her as a WAG. It is very similar to asking a police officer or a judge to get you out of a ticket because you have some familial ties to them or know someone who knows them. The only reason people on this board are getting offended is simply because she has means and because she has means, she should not complain of anything, that in and of itself is ridiculous. Her “stressors” and “challenges” are not any different than anyone else’s and they are not “ miniscule” just because you compare her to someone of lesser means. If anything her stressors realistically could be much grander, relatively speaking, compared to “typical folks”. Which, also, what is considered a “typical folk”? While I do understand what you’re saying, there is really no reason that she should not be able to participate in social media fun because she is of a significant means. She is not obnoxious or arrogant, she’s having fun by doing what everyone is doing. Put the pitchforks and torches away, she’s not a bad person. Everyone is constantly looking for the next thing to be offended by, quit being so weak and creating something where there is nothing (not referring to you specifically, don’t get offended, lol). This is coming from someone who does not participate in social media and can’t stand those housewives shows that my wife constantly watches.

I heard her name is Karen…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.