Bills fan murdered after game

Tragic. Victim was only 30 years old.

A GFM has been set up to raise funds to transport the body back to Six Nations, Canada.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-bring-dylan-home-bills-fan-shot-in-miami

GDXyHm0WMAAFJPd?format=jpg&name=large

Killer is still at large. No indication if related to last night’s outcome. 

One source says it was road rage and not related to football. Probably will remain unclear until the suspect is apprehended.

From the news articles the victim was with a group of their friends and were crossing traffic and got into an argument with individual in a vehicle who then got out from the vehicle and discharged their weapon four times.

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/news/crime/bills-fan-shot-and-killed-outside-hard-rock-stadium-in-miami-crime/71-53215b09-5fa5-48fb-b0a6-e22e47fca79f

Tyreek Hill on the matter

Edit: More details. Perpetrator’s car has been found.  https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/aunt-of-bill-fan-details-how-nephew-was-shot-killed-near-hard-rock-stadium-after-dolphins-game/3201094/

Update: Suspect “identified and interviewed” by police. Identity not yet revealed.

https://www.wivb.com/news/crime/reward-being-offered-for-info-about-bills-fan-killed-after-game/amp/

Edited by Its Allen the hips
  • Sad 14
  • Shocked 2

Updated main post with an article from wgrz. Says police haven’t named the victim but members of the family have. I checked the go fund me link in the article and it is the same that was in the tweet.

However can of course wait until authorities  confirm the victim’s identity.

13 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

Last I saw police hadn’t released the identity. Have we confirmed the legitimacy of this GoFundMe page?

Link to the GFM was given by the family to news outlets covering the story, so yes it does have legitimacy. 

Just gave $25 not long ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Its Allen the hips said:

Updated main post with an article from wgrz. Says police haven’t named the victim but members of the family have. I checked the go fund me link in the article and it is the same that was in the tweet.

However can of course wait until authorities  confirm the victim’s identity.

It is confirmed to be Mr. Isaac. Confirmed by his mother and Six Nations Reserve. 

Edited by BBFL

This is so sad. A wonderful road trip to see his Bills beat the Dolphins ends like this. Hope the investigation finds the shooter. 

Part of the reason I've learned restraint is because of the number of crazies out there who think they're in an action movie and will just start discharging a firearm with no regard to consequences.

I used to be the guy who would not back down from confrontation, even if there was a fair chance of getting my azz  beat.  Fortunately, I've had a more sensible wife to calm me down, and I sure don't want her in the middle of anything.  I walk away.

As Falstaff said, 'sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor'.

Prayers for the family. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

Removing this comment. I went for a quick jab at a place I don't like and think is wrongheaded. Now that I've cooled down I realize this wasn't the time or the place. 

I apologize and extend my condolences to the family.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

This is so sad. A wonderful road trip to see his Bills beat the Dolphins ends like this. Hope the investigation finds the shooter. 

Part of the reason I've learned restraint is because of the number of crazies out there who think they're in an action movie and will just start discharging a firearm with no regard to consequences.

I used to be the guy who would not back down from confrontation, even if there was a fair chance of getting my azz  beat.  Fortunately, I've had a more sensible wife to calm me down, and I sure don't want her in the middle of anything.  I walk away.

As Falstaff said, 'sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor'.

Prayers for the family. 

It's the absolute appropriate strategy to have these days.  Now, let me preface this by saying this isn't a judgement on the 2nd amendment, but it is very easy to obtain and carry a firearm.  As a result, you have no idea that the person you are arguing with or fighting with is packing and, as you mentioned, has no real understanding of the consequences of trying to settle an argument with a gun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.