Prices going up at hotels has started (edit: also discussing ticket pricing)

Just Jack

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

Red Roof was already high.

I was checking flights on the final drive... $276. At the finish of the game it was $408. By the time I checked logistics it was a 7:30 flight out of Buffalo to CLT for $576. It is $772 now.

I was so damn close to pulling the trigger on flying but will drive.

Look for people wearing Bills gear with sign for Buffalo saying will pay for gas.

In mid 1990's I was driving up to Bills game and at Breezewood there were two people with Bills hooded jackets and a cardboard sign right past a gas station I just filled tank at:

Buffalo

Pay for gas

My car was full of stuff including back seat but pulled off, opened window and asked "Where in Buffalo?" 

I was told "Cheektowaga but get us to Erie County and we will find way".

At this point I realized person was a woman and then other turned and smiled and saw she was a woman too.

I replied "Only 2 seats" and second one said "Just us",

I handed her gas receipt and said "This will get me to Blasdell" and she gave me 2/3 of what I paid.

Unlocked door and told them to put stuff on top of my stuff in back seat.

One woman loaded car while other got in and introduced them.

Second woman said "Pick up hitchhikers often?"

I said "Occasionally but Bills gear made me offer",

She replied "Never been to a game but we are just going home for weekend".

Replied "okay".

They were friendly but not inquisitive and revealed nothing about themselves other they were college students from Cheektowaga.

24 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

And the Cheapest ticket is $500! Every other game including Dallas vs. Green Bay has tickets under $200. 

Yes.  Many Buffalo cheaper airlines were absorbed or shutdown.  I remember when I moved to VA People Express Airlines would have flights for $30 each way and I would fly for weekend.  Have looked at flights to Buffalo many times and they are more expensive than CA flights.

• Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, boyst said:

flying back sunday from Rochester would be tough. what is the latest i could book a flight from rochester making it from the stadium?

I live on the east side of the roch to get to our airport from Buffalo allow 2 hours with traffic 🙃 airport is on the west side of Rochester.  Also the airport is the most expensive in the US due to our size of the county.  The lines at security though are very small which is a plus 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

The Holiday Inn Express on Camp Road in Hamburg wants $500 for a Saturday night stay.  

They do this for every home game (although slightly less for a “normal” game). I always stay there or the comfort inn next door and I book rooms immediately after the schedule release before they jack up the rates. 

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

They do this for every home game (although slightly less for a “normal” game). I always stay there or the comfort inn next door and I book rooms immediately after the schedule release before they jack up the rates. 

why so late?

i book the first 3 weeks of the season in March or April before the schedule. :D

31 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

And the Cheapest ticket is $500! Every other game including Dallas vs. Green Bay has tickets under $200. 

That's resellers, though I'm seeing ones under $250.  

AFC Wild Card: Buffalo Bills v Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets Jan 14, 2024 Orchard Park, NY | Ticketmaster

My Club seats with parking pass was just charged to my card, for the pair it's under $600.  

9 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

That's resellers, though I'm seeing ones under $250.  

AFC Wild Card: Buffalo Bills v Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets Jan 14, 2024 Orchard Park, NY | Ticketmaster

My Club seats with parking pass was just charged to my card, for the pair it's under $600.  

Yeah they really went down a lot overnight. I'm a season ticket holder and my tickets were just released this morning so assuming there may have been a flood of tickers. Still the highest priced game of the week. 

• Just Jack changed the title to Price going up at hotels has started

As of noon today (Jan. 8), for a single night (Saturday):

Marriott Millersport:  over $1000.

Hampton downtown:  over $1000.

Marriott downtown, Westin downtown, Embassy Suites downtown:  No rooms available.

Millennium:  Reservation system not working.

This is real money coming in to Erie County.  At least three of those hotels are owned by locals, and one is owned by the Pegulas.  The people spending this much on hotels will spend a lot on dinner and drinks, Uber and such.  This is good.

Edited by Offside Number 76
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, boyst said:

I was checking flights on the final drive... $276. At the finish of the game it was $408. By the time I checked logistics it was a 7:30 flight out of Buffalo to CLT for $576. It is $772 now.

Just a thought, check pricing if you do two one-way tickets and hitch a ride.  One-way into either Rochester or Syracuse coming up, then Buffalo one-way home.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

• Just Jack changed the title to Prices going up at hotels has started
5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's bizarre how there are no hotels near the stadium. They are investing billions into the stadium itself and then $0 surrounding the stadium.

Would you want to own a hotel filled with drunks 10 times a year and deal with damage to rooms…and also try to figure out how to fill the room the other 340 days of the year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Offside Number 76 said:

As of noon today (Jan. 8), for a single night (Saturday):

Marriott Millersport:  over $1000.

Hampton downtown:  over $1000.

Marriott downtown, Westin downtown, Embassy Suites downtown:  No rooms available.

Millennium:  Reservation system not working.

This is real money coming in to Erie County.  At least three of those hotels are owned by locals, and one is owned by the Pegulas.  The people spending this much on hotels will spend a lot on dinner and drinks, Uber and such.  This is good.

The value of hosting one or possibly two playoff games.  I am sure last years Miami WC game and divisional round against Bengals netted the same money to Eerie county 

5 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Yeah they really went down a lot overnight. I'm a season ticket holder and my tickets were just released this morning so assuming there may have been a flood of tickers. Still the highest priced game of the week. 

like others have said, the prices will likely come down further as people realize the weather situation.  This happened last year for the Divisional Round game against Cinci, IIRC

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's bizarre how there are no hotels near the stadium. They are investing billions into the stadium itself and then $0 surrounding the stadium.

Probably because of orchard Park is a tiny little village of 3000 people ... 10 days out of the Year isn't enough for 20,000 hotel rooms

Within 10 to 20 minutes you can basically get anywhere in the Buffalo area.. from downtown to cheektowaga to williamsville bringing you food and hotel and entertainment 

7 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

I heard the Red Carpet Inn is reasonable

They want $547 for Saturday night.  However some cheap motels within 20 miles are available in the $100 range:  https://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search?adults=2&children=&destination=Buffalo%2C New York%2C United States of America&endDate=2024-01-14&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA1-6sBhAoEiwArqlGPiVtkNlD0yKaf3SR-O1dRCtmNDJNt7ijK3FKUNrGn5kD6BOfVjxXgRoCZ1AQAvD_BwE&latLong=&locale=en_US&lodging=MOTEL&mapBounds=&pwaDialog=&regionId=717&semcid=US.UB.GOOGLE.DT-c-EN.HOTEL&semdtl=a111798314940.b1151274446778.g1aud-2192524231654%3Akwd-581455592.e1c.m1CjwKCAiA1-6sBhAoEiwArqlGPiVtkNlD0yKaf3SR-O1dRCtmNDJNt7ijK3FKUNrGn5kD6BOfVjxXgRoCZ1AQAvD_BwE.r1.c1.j19004628.k1.d1662787870875.h1e.i1.l1.n1.o1.p1.q1.s1.t1.x1.f1.u1.v1.w1&siteid=1&sort=RECOMMENDED&startDate=2024-01-13&theme=&useRewards=false&userIntent=

One time I couldn't leave Albany until Saturday night & decided to bail out in Rochester.  The only motel with rooms was the Red Carpet Inn.  Worst motel room I've ever been in with the possible exception of the Fair Motel on Rt 17 in NJ about 15 miles from Met-Life.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.