Prices going up at hotels has started (edit: also discussing ticket pricing)

Just Jack

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I don't know if they still do it, but it used to be when listing on TM, you could put in your starting price, and your lowest price, and it would automatically drop the price each day until they either sold or the game started.  Maybe that's why you're seeing big drops already.  

I use SH to track. It's where I began my journey so I feel most comfortable using that as the gauge. Ticketmaster didn't start reselling until some time later.

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I don't know if they still do it, but it used to be when listing on TM, you could put in your starting price, and your lowest price, and it would automatically drop the price each day until they either sold or the game started.  Maybe that's why you're seeing big drops already.  

Could be the weather forecast too... 24F, 25+ wind, and snow. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:01 AM, Just Jack said:

Maybe look into flying to Rochester or Syracuse instead? 

We're going to drive there and back, helps that it is a Sunday 1pm game.  At the most we might get a hotel close to Buffalo for Saturday night so it's less of a drive Sunday.  

I am driving from near NYC to Warsaw on Saturday,  staying at the microtel and driving straight home after the game on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills released some tickets officially a couple hours ago too, it looks like.  Seeing some blue dots on the Ticketmaster seat map now!

Will be interesting to see the attendance numbers if it really is a whiteout.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, Just Jack said:

Prices are creeping back up.  Last night you could easily get an upper deck seat for under $100, a few lower bowl for under $150.  

Hotel prices, at least for IHG (Holiday Inn) brands are back up there for Monday night stays.  

Edited by Just Jack

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Prices are creeping back up.  Last night you could easily get an upper deck seat for under $100, a few lower bowl for under $150.  

Hotel prices, at least for IHG (Holiday Inn) brands are back up there for Monday night stays.  

Everyone tries to demand pricing these days.  I even had a doctor do it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.