Prices going up at hotels has started (edit: also discussing ticket pricing)

Just Jack

Red Roof was already high.

I was checking flights on the final drive... $276. At the finish of the game it was $408. By the time I checked logistics it was a 7:30 flight out of Buffalo to CLT for $576. It is $772 now.

I was so damn close to pulling the trigger on flying but will drive.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, boyst said:

Maybe look into flying to Rochester or Syracuse instead? 

We're going to drive there and back, helps that it is a Sunday 1pm game.  At the most we might get a hotel close to Buffalo for Saturday night so it's less of a drive Sunday.  

Edited by Just Jack

11 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe look into flying to Rochester or Syracuse instead? 

We're going to drive there and back, helps that it is a Sunday 1pm game.  At the most we might get a hotel close to Buffalo for Saturday night so it's less of a drive Sunday.  

flying back sunday from Rochester would be tough. what is the latest i could book a flight from rochester making it from the stadium?

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's bizarre how there are no hotels near the stadium. They are investing billions into the stadium itself and then $0 surrounding the stadium.

Most of the hotels are in Downtown or near the Airport.

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

The Holiday Inn Express on Camp Road in Hamburg wants $500 for a Saturday night stay.  

good thing it’s not greed.

they just don’t want it to be affordable for steeler fans to attend the game. Pricing them out of making the trip. Full committemnt from the community!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

And the Cheapest ticket is $500! Every other game including Dallas vs. Green Bay has tickets under $200. 

Because people are aware of the devotion that our fan base has. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, boyst said:

Red Roof was already high.

I was checking flights on the final drive... $276. At the finish of the game it was $408. By the time I checked logistics it was a 7:30 flight out of Buffalo to CLT for $576. It is $772 now.

Wait until you see the extra 'handling and carrying charges' Hammer's Lot gets for a playoff game. 😁😉

26 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's bizarre how there are no hotels near the stadium. They are investing billions into the stadium itself and then $0 surrounding the stadium.

Hard to support hotels on 8-11 weekends alone. Throw in concerts and you're still less than 20 nights.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Wait until you see the extra 'handling and carrying charges' Hammer's Lot gets for a playoff game. 😁😉

i think he's at $60.

I need to look strategically on where to park to get on the road headed south fastest. Generally it is easy heading West/South after the game but with yinzers coming up it maybe more difficult.

I'd like to park at Hammers but it makes a timely exit a little more difficult.  Any thoughts on where to park to get to 90W quickly?

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

The Holiday Inn Express on Camp Road in Hamburg wants $500 for a Saturday night stay.  

Look what it’s rates are on April 7 th and 8th….$765+ taxes

Edited by djp14150

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.