Playoffs Clinched!!

astrongman

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

whom would have thought, in mid October, say, the the Bills would need a 5 win team as a spoiler to get them into the playoffs?

So you don't think the Bills stand a chance against the Fins tonight?

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

whom would have thought, in mid October, say, the the Bills would need a 5 win team as a spoiler to get them into the playoffs?

Who would’ve thought in late November they even had the opportunity to make it at 10 wins lol we also don’t really know that we ‘needed it’ yet 

I can’t tell you how many people here told me we had no chance at 10 wins week after week. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

If the Bills win tonight?

You made a ridiculous comment, take the L and move on.

it's a factual statement.  the Bills clinched playoffs when the jags lost---it's the title of this thread that you have posted in, in fact.

why are you struggling here?  

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it's a factual statement.  the Bills clinched playoffs when the jags lost---it's the title of this thread that you have posted in, in fact.

why are you struggling here?  

Struggling, lol - one of your standard go-to's. Weak.

Your statement: "whom would have thought, in mid October, say, the the Bills would need a 5 win team as a spoiler to get them into the playoffs?"

Does your statement suggest that had the Jags won the Bills would have had no chance of making the playoffs? It does to me. Benefitting from the Titans win is different from needing the win imo. I guess we view this differently. I'm fine with that, but your statement is non-sensical to me.

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Struggling, lol - one of your standard go-to's. Weak.

Your statement: "whom would have thought, in mid October, say, the the Bills would need a 5 win team as a spoiler to get them into the playoffs?"

Does your statement suggest that had the Jags won the Bills would have had no chance of making the playoffs? It does to me. Benefitting from the Titans win is different from needing the win imo. I guess we view this differently. I'm fine with that, but your statement is non-sensical to me.

I’ll make it even simpler.  Win or lose tonight, the Bills are in the playoffs because already because the Titans beat the jags.  They don’t need to win tonight to secure a spot in the playoffs

The early game got them in.  It’s that simple. Facts are always a solid “go to” (pro tip).

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’ll make it even simpler.  Win or lose tonight, the Bills are in the playoffs because already because the Titans beat the jags.  They don’t need to win tonight to secure a spot in the playoffs

The early game got them in.  It’s that simple. Facts are always a solid “go to” (pro tip).

You 'struggle' with the word need. 

Have a nice day.

• Haha (+1) 1

No doubt Cook’s drop killed but Josh needs to pull his head right the ***** out of his ass. McDermott was 100% right. You can’t throw in the field of play in that situation unless it’s a sideline route.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you still stand by this statement?  If so, why?

Take the L and move on, your statement was beyond stupid regardless whether the Bills won or lost tonight.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Do you still stand by this statement?  If so, why?

Take the L and move on, your statement was beyond stupid regardless whether the Bills won or lost tonight.

The Bills didn't need to win last night to make the playoffs.  it's that simple.  They were already in.  If that concept strikes you as "stupid", well, that's how the playoffs work.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills didn't need to win last night to make the playoffs.  it's that simple.  They were already in.  If that concept strikes you as "stupid", well, that's how the playoffs work.

So you're still standing by this stunningly poor statement? 

Your latest take is equally non-sensical. 'That's how the playoff works'. It's based on the totality of the games played, no? Either of us could easily find any number of games that went for or against the Bills that affected their playoff standings. But sure, the Bills needed the Titans win. It's just a laughable premise to me. Did they also 'need' a Ravens win? Or a Colts/Texans tie? Or....

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

So you're still standing by this stunningly poor statement? 

Your latest take is equally non-sensical. 'That's how the playoff works'. It's based on the totality of the games played, no? Either of us could easily find any number of games that went for or against the Bills that affected their playoff standings. But sure, the Bills needed the Titans win. It's just a laughable premise to me. Did they also 'need' a Ravens win? Or a Colts/Texans tie? Or....

so your position is that the Bills did not clinch a playoff spot after the Titans (a 5 win team playing the spoiler) beat jacksonville, but only because they beat the Dolphins?

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Except they didn't.  They TCoB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.