Reliable reports that both Waddle and Mostert are "not expected to play tonight" (belinda)

Simon

Just now, Beck Water said:

OK, so "no excuses" means if the Bills do not win this game, their roster construction is fatally flawed and they should burn it down? (I'm just trying to understand)

What about Josh Allen's shoulder, now neck and finger, injuries?  The mysterious plummet in Diggs snaps and effectiveness?  And, for whatever reason, the comparative ineffectiveness of our offense for the last 2 weeks? 

I don't want to enter a debate about "excuses", but while I agree that if the Bills don't win this, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs - it seems to me that they might have a pretty good roster build with a couple injured key players (including the most important one) and possibly with an OC who really isn't up to the job

Burn it down? No. It means that it's already burned down if we cannot beat a system QB missing his two best weapons and one detrimentally injured. 

It means a path to the playoffs where Joe Burrow is out with injury and the Chiefs are underperforming will have been wasted because the Bills weren't ready on the road vs the Jets and Patriots. Because 12 men were on the field for a field goal.

And it means that our cap realities mean that we will not be heavy bidders in free agency. 

It's not burning it down as much as we should prepare to sift through the ashes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Burn it down? No. It means that it's already burned down if we cannot beat a system QB missing his two best weapons and one detrimentally injured. 

It means a path to the playoffs where Joe Burrow is out with injury and the Chiefs are underperforming will have been wasted because the Bills weren't ready on the road vs the Jets and Patriots. Because 12 men were on the field for a field goal.

And it means that our cap realities mean that we will not be heavy bidders in free agency. 

It's not burning it down as much as we should prepare to sift through the ashes. 

My point is, I see two possible major causal factors for Bills poor offense down the stretch:

1) injuries to starting QB passing anatomy

2) questions about the competence of the OC

That doesn't mean our roster build for next season will be cinchy, but neither of those require heavy bidding in FA or sifting through ashes to fix. 

2 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Achane is still dealing with a toe and rib injury hes gonna be far from 100%.  For the life of me i dont know how, other than pain killers before kickoff, a RB could play with a rib injury they hurt like hell.  Especially after a hit or two on it

As long as he doesn't sneeze, cough, laugh, or breathe in too deeply, ha

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Everyone keeps quoting me asking if Armstead is out. I was quoting this poster’s 2nd paragraph stating that their best “O-line” is out. I’m Assuming that’s Armstead

It’s Connor Williams…the drop off from Williams to eichenberg is massive.  Lamm actually played pretty well filling in for armstead 

1 hour ago, DrBob806 said:

Mostert has 20 TDs this year though. Insane stat for a 31 year old

That is insane. 

Achane's got 10 however, and he's only played half the season and started 3 games.  

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Berrios kept getting wide open last game if I recall right 

6 catches for 43 yrs and 1 TD.  Bills gave Fins him underneath.  Weird that this was his best game and only TD of the year. 

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Who is Belinda?

Many, many moons ago (like literally thousands of sleeps) it used to be an occasional practice to convey some info in a thread title, but then leave the body of the post blank. We had a poster named belinda who was infuriated by this habit and would occasionally chew somebody out when they did it.

Some incorrigible jackass (who shall remain nameless by virtue of the 5th Amendment) thought it would be funny to start putting (belinda) at the end of thread titles when they didn't contain any further discussion, and it sort of caught on.

It's now more of a shout-out to old-school TBD'ers to elicit a nostalgic chuckle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I keep reading this.  What does it even mean "no excuses"?

If they "no longer" have excuses does it mean they did at one point, and what were they?

I'll hang up and listen.

It’s some fans hard ass way of setting the team, and fanbase, and themselves up for self flagellation. 

They’re too hard on themselves, the people around them, and as we see here, on the team. 

They’ll suffer win or loss. Don’t let them try to bring you down to their tragic level. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Everytime I hear Mostert isn't playing. It doesn't really mean anything because Achane is even more dangerous in my opinion 

Some backs cannot handle the full load. IMO it would be beneficial for the Fish if Jeff Wilson was able to play effectively. IMO Achane is a change of pace back who has diminishing returns the more he plays. We shall see.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

It matters.  Achane is brittle and also a little banged up. If they decide to give Mosterts touches to Achane, my bet is that he doesn’t finish the game.  

mostert is a very good back and Achane needs another good back to soak up some touches so he doesn’t get broken 

jmo

Agreed. It reminds me of the Steelers situation with one explosive back, Jaylen Warren, and the bell cow, Najee Harris. They play off each other and the team is best when they're both fulfilling their roles.

Mostert is a very physical back and a TD machine.

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

"Not expected to play" by whom?

Several prominent reporters have attached their names to this report.

What more are you hoping for?

Do you doubt the report?

Edited by Sierra Foothills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.