Assuming the bills get in the playoffs, how confident are you they get to the superbowl?

Steptide

It's weird, I feel much less confident about the bills in the playoffs this year than in years past. They've won 4 straight, and assuming they beat Miami, they'd ultimately have to win 9 straight games to win the superbowl, which seems unlikely Imo. I mean, maybe the offense steps up big and they become this unstoppable force, but the offense is REALLY gonna have to step up. This team isn't getting through Baltimore (and others) with Diggs having 40 yards a game 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure about getting to Superbowl but a somewhat underrated aspect of the Bills recent success is the defense.  If the D continues its current trajectory, and the O gets a bit more on track, we'll be a tough out, especially in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

They got this! It’s gonna be ugly as Fuh k, stumbling bumbling rumbling all the way!!! 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Bills haven't been blown out once this year.  Every loss (and many wins) have been incredibly close.

I'd really like our odds.  I mean, I always do - but we seem to be getting healthier at a time when most of the other contenders are having injury issues, and if we get the 2 seed, we may end up playing at home the whole way.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They’re too inconsistent for me to truly believe a Super Bowl run is coming. Hell, I could see them blowing it on Sunday and not even getting in. 

That being said, if they “get right” offensively this week and in the wild card round while the D still plays tough, anything can happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I don’t think any team is confident they’ll get to the Super Bowl. Certainly San Fran and B’more are quality 1st seeds. But this season has taught every team that nothings guaranteed. Right now, I’ll just be thrilled if we win Sunday night. Even if we clinch a berth earlier in the day. 
Cinci came into our House last year and slapped us around in front of our Mothers.

Confidence isn’t required, imo. Grit & determination is.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

If the Bills get in the playoffs, I think all bets are off. Even if they lose in Miami Sunday and have to play Miami again in round 1. Everyone is saying Baltimore this and Baltimore that. They are good, but the Bills have always gameplanned against them very well 

• Like (+1) 2

If Bills are the 2 seed I’m 80% they make the AFC title game,, if they go on the road to Baltimore then 50% they make it to the superbowl.,. If they get that title game in Buffalo then  90% they go all the way .

I think Baltimore and Cleveland are the two most difficult matchups for Buffalo. Cleveland has a solid "D" and runs the ball well. Baltimore is solid all-around. Buffalo also does not seem them as often as a Miami or KC.

If the Bills are the #2 seed, they should make the AFC Championship Game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Success said:

The Bills haven't been blown out once this year.  Every loss (and many wins) have been incredibly close.

I'd really like our odds.  I mean, I always do - but we seem to be getting healthier at a time when most of the other contenders are having injury issues, and if we get the 2 seed, we may end up playing at home the whole way.

I agree I'm just fearful the Bills lose to Miami and miss the playoffs. 

I would be so disappointed. 

49 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

They’re too inconsistent for me to truly believe a Super Bowl run is coming. Hell, I could see them blowing it on Sunday and not even getting in. 

That being said, if they “get right” offensively this week and in the wild card round while the D still plays tough, anything can happen. 

This is my thought process as well. I just can't get a feel for this team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

It's weird, I feel much less confident about the bills in the playoffs this year than in years past. They've won 4 straight, and assuming they beat Miami, they'd ultimately have to win 9 straight games to win the superbowl, which seems unlikely Imo. I mean, maybe the offense steps up big and they become this unstoppable force, but the offense is REALLY gonna have to step up. This team isn't getting through Baltimore (and others) with Diggs having 40 yards a game 

#2 seed, I think we have a good shot.

wildcard, not a very good shot at making it.

Put it this way......I am more worried about this team beating itself like they always seem to do in the Playoffs in some way, shape, or form than I am about a team just beating us because they are superior.  Yes, the Ravens are playing great.  But am I afraid that they are so good they will just run through us?  No. 

I am more worried about McDermott wasting TOs or challenging stupid plays, or not going for it at the right times than I am of another team just beating us because they are that mich better.  I am more worried about our offense not being able to move the ball because they can never scheme open their best WR or run it from the shotgun with Murray right into a lineman's back on 4th and 1 and not just using the tush push.  I am worried that Allen might just have one of those days like he had Sunday where the ball just doesn't come out of his hand right and he just misses guys that are open.  I am worried about taking the lead with a minute left and the defense not being able to close the game when needed the most.

So, all that said, I am more worried about us and what we do than other teams just flat out outplaying us.  Of course that could happen, but it's not what I am focused on or worried about the most.

• Like (+1) 1

Extremely actually

esoecially with the 2 seed

i think Cleveland knocks off their rivals in the ravens and we get Cleveland at home in the afc championship game on a cold snowy battle for lake erie

win that scrappy game of defense like 24-17

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hjnick said:

#2 seed, I think we have a good shot.

wildcard, not a very good shot at making it.

I don't know. If the Bills get in they are more than capable of running the table. 

Of course the path is easier as a 2 seed. 

I'm a bit concerned about the Bills offense and special teams. Both have been pretty inconsistent. 

I think the defense is starting to peak. D Jones and AJ back really helps. Douglas was a great addition that was badly needed. McD D has been good at finishing games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.