Double dip at receiver?

whorlnut

I’m really hoping Beane takes a WR in the first round this year and would then like to see another taken in round 2 if they are rated high on our board. We did this with Rousseau and Basham when we needed someone to get after Mahomes. Why can’t we do it again for our franchise qb?  

Go hard at the position and give yourself the best shot possible at finding another top receiver. These guys could end up being WR1 and WR2 after Diggs leaves. I love the idea of rookie contracts, with one having the fifth year option. This is a passing league and if we hit on one, that gives Allen Kincaid and the new guy for at least 4 years on rookie deals. If we hit on both, then all the better. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Our WR room definitely needs an infusion of young blood. I'm not sure if they will force the issue in the first two rounds, they usually go BPA. 

Which may very well be a WR, which I would be good with, anyone got the under/over on a D lineman going first…, 😁👍

10 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Our WR room definitely needs an infusion of young blood. I'm not sure if they will force the issue in the first two rounds, they usually go BPA. 

They set a precedent in 21 with Rousseau and Basham. They went into that offseason with the mindset they needed to “sack Mahomes”. They literally said it. I can’t imagine them not viewing receiver as the biggest need heading into this off-season. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

Just look at the Bengals. Had Boyd and drafted Tee. Had Boyd and Tee and then drafted Chase. Those three with Joey B have been awesome.  Just keep picking them high.

Other than using a first on Diggs, the highest pick that Beane has turned in a card at WR was fourth round. It’s comical how much they seemed to neglect getting Allen top WR talent. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

Obviously they waste company time and money reading these threads and vigorously responding!

Yep…posts like those are so unnecessary. As if we can’t talk about off-season needs before the season is over. So lame. It’s clear by now what we need and it’s well within our right to discuss it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Anyone who doesn't think that Beane will try to draft WR in R1 this year is not paying attention. And I also think he'll try to get another one in later rounds.

Only question is how hard he will try. Depends on where we end up drafting and which players will he like.

If it was up to me, I'd be ready to give up next year's no. 1 if there was a guy I wanted and I thought he was that much better than alternative options. And I am usually against any trade ups. We really need some relatively cheap top end WR talent. I bet Beane thinks the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Two WRs and two safeties.

WR - round 1

WR - round 2

S - round 5

S - round 6

mcd is a db whisperer that turns safeties and corners into stars. Just need to find the ones with the right traits. 

• Like (+1) 4

I’d be all in favor.  That said, I think we’re going to go WR then DL or DL then WR.  Maybe another WR in rd 3.  Then a combination of S, OL, DL.  Maybe a QB

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

WR - round 1

WR - round 2

S - round 5

S - round 6

mcd is a db whisperer that turns safeties and corners into stars. Just need to find the ones with the right traits. 

McD is the DL hoarder.  Expect DL early

• Like (+1) 1

If they think here is talent there when they pick in he first and second  then yeah cool … don’t have a problem with it as long as they don’t have a preconceived strategy and end up reaching  …

Basham was a bust obviously but it wasn’t a deliberate reach … they had him graded higher than the reality ..it happens and they have got plenty of others right … 

Yes. 

I mean...it's too early for this talk, and we have a massive matchup coming up in five days, and the playoffs are on the horizon, and it's insane to me that people are thinking draft, but...

Yes. Double dip at receiver. Take one in the first round -- the Bills haven't DRAFTED a receiver in the 1st round in forever -- and then again in the mid to late rounds. Offensively, the Bills are talented at OL, TE, and RB1. They need to finally draft some premium WR talent and find a long term backup/running mate for Cook, and I'll feel good about that side of the ball for the next few years to come.

One need only watch our WRs not gain appreciable separation in man coverage so many times this year before concluding that outside WR is (and really, has been for a while now) a major need.

I'm well aware of the needs at DL, Safety, etc, etc....and I frankly don't care. Give me premium offense around Josh Allen. I trust McDermott (who is, at this point, certain to be our head coach next year) to make chicken salad out of chicken crap on defense, as he always does. GIVE ME OFFENSE.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.