Von INACTIVE vs Patriots, Coach's Decision

Process

4 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

You can make something up and put him on IR or even put him back on IR for the knee. He really isn’t contributing and is a liability on the field. At this point in the season I don’t see him helping us at all. Might as well get someone out there who can help us 

If you make something up the player can file a grievance. Just cause you don’t like a guy doesn’t mean you can IR him 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm really curious how this is going to play out going forward.   Be interesting to see if he plays next week.  Benching a first ballot hall of famer doesn't happen very often.

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

I'm really curious how this is going to play out going forward.   Be interesting to see if he plays next week.  Benching a first ballot hall of famer doesn't happen very often.

He will have to make actual plays if he’s given a jersey. 

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

You have to play your best players and there are guys playing better.

Not sure if Von will ever be Von again, but you have to look at how he is doing game to game and it just is not there.

OK but….arguably, Miller has been taking snaps from Epenesa etc who was arguably playing better than he all along since Week 5

I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer here, but it’s not uncommon for a player who has some trouble looming to be inactive one week and then show up on the Exempt list or a suspension.  

It could be a message “show up, or sit out”.  Or it could be a sign of something coming down

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

I'm surprised that Von's being a healthy scratch didn't make the headlines. I mean, Diggs sneezes and it's national news. 

I feel like everyone has suspected that he's not fully recovered and the Bills finally realized he wasn't going to play himself back into shape so it's not a huge surprise.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, wjag said:

Yeah, well, he ain't a "first ballot hall of famer" in terms of how he is playing at this point in his career.

Bruce Smith was a sack machine.  He ain't playing on Sunday either.

5 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I feel like everyone has suspected that he's not fully recovered and the Bills finally realized he wasn't going to play himself back into shape so it's not a huge surprise.

Or they realize he's finished and there is no reason to hog up a roster spot with a guy who can't play anymore.  Or at least at the moment.

16 hours ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

this is absolute bull. there is more to the story, listen to his interview - yes they don't want him to get hurt but this crap with him doesn't fully make sense. 

What is bull? He’s been the worst DE in the entire league since he returned. This move didn’t happen sooner because he’s a respected vet and team captain, and they were hoping he would return to form.

He hasn’t returned to form and it’s pretty obvious it isn’t going to happen this season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Or they realize he's finished and there is no reason to hog up a roster spot with a guy who can't play anymore.  Or at least at the moment.

That's literally what I said.

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Is this similar to the Russ wilson situation. Don’t want to be stuck with him next year due to injury. 

I don't think so. I don't see the Bills doing anything with his contract until after next season regardless. The dead cap is too high until 2025

Edited by Malazan

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is this similar to the Russ wilson situation. Don’t want to be stuck with him next year due to injury.  He made the news again this week for non football stuff. That should be enough to completely shut him down. 

?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.