Ravens Honoring Ray Rice On Sunday

Mango

Interesting topic. When someone does something like Rice did, is it okay to forgive them? Are they allowed to be part of society and even recognized for past accomplishments? Or are they to be shunned by society forever? 

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m not sure how someone suggested Ray Rice as the legend of the game and then no one else was like “ehhh, maybe we should pick anyone else?” Same as when the Bills had Vick in for a training camp visit, you really couldn’t think of anyone else? 

What's wrong with having Vick in for a training camp visit?

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Interesting topic. When someone does something like Rice did, is it okay to forgive them? Are they allowed to be part of society and even recognized for past accomplishments? Or are they to be shunned by society forever? 

He will always have people that blindly support him. I’ll never be one of them. 

23 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think a guy like Rice can continue to work, volunteer, etc. but also never ever be celebrated. There a chasm between being shunned by society forever and celebrated/honored in front of almost 80,000 people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's okay to forgive. And the forgiven should be allowed a platform to testify to others. A person who's successfully climbed out of the valley is uniquely qualified to help others out.

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ok so because you don't believe Vick should ever be forgiven and you will never support him, that means no one else should either?

There’s a difference between forgiving and putting on a pedestal again. Should he be allowed to be a part of society? Sure, he didn’t get a death sentence. Should he be invited to training camps and put on the cover of Madden? 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think a guy like Rice can continue to work, volunteer, etc. but also never ever be celebrated. There a chasm between being shunned by society forever and celebrated/honored in front of almost 80,000 people. 

You beat me to the point I was trying to make. Well said. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Yeah. A big part of being reformed is accepting that people may not forgive you, maybe some never should. In order for real change I think it’s important for abusers, addicts, etc. to internalize that.

Theres no need to celebrate Ray Rice, reformed or not. 

If someone makes true change and truly regrets past transgressions, that’s great.  If he has, fine.

Like you said, no need to celebrate him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.