Other teams (besides the Broncos) making QB news. Giants, Commanders, Vikings, Barkley to Jags

Draconator

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not understanding these moves

These teams have no chance of making the playoffs. Wouldn’t they be better off giving the experience time to their young QBs rather than vets

Tyrod was the #2 QB so that makes sense now that DeVito mania has passed. I have no idea what they’re doing in Washington unless Rivera 

is trying to save his job.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

These teams have no chance of making the playoffs. Wouldn’t they be better off giving the experience time to their young QBs rather than vets

I think we as fans look at this much differently than the coaches and players. They have an incredible competitive spirit and they want to do anything that will give them the best chance to win. They put too much blood, sweat and tears into their preparation for the season and games to be OK with losing so that a kid can get experience. In both of these cases, the kids have shown they have hit the wall and maybe need to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Low Positive said:

Tyrod was the #2 QB so that makes sense now that DeVito mania has passed. I have no idea what they’re doing in Washington unless Rivera 

Trying to pull a Lovie Smith and sabotage the team on the way out?  Of course didn't work out for 

Lovie.

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That ship has sailed. He's done in Washington. New ownership I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Bill. If I am Bill I don't know if I want that job. They don't have a QB, and both the Eagles and Cowboys are much better teams. Bill probably goes to LAC if anything where he has a better shot to win.

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I hear you, but there are a lot of people playing for their jobs, either with their current team or their future team.  

And every team is playing to win.  In high school, we all played hard to win, even the last game of the season.  The whole point of playing is to win.  And at the NFL level, these guys want to win.  If I were on those teams, I'd definitely want the best QB on the field, and the best QB is Taylor and Brissett.  And I wouldn't care at all about developing the young guys because (1) I won't be on this team in a year or two, (2) it's take those guys more than a year or two to develop, and (3) I've watched them play, and I don't think they'll ever make it.  

The coach is playing for his job, too, and he wants to win, too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This is the time of the season where you play your young guys if you are out of the playoff contention.  These two moves on the surface make no sense.  Rivera is a move for a coach that did not deliver.  Howell was not the problem.  His defense stunk and trading some of your best defenders did not help.  Tyrod is a back up.  DeVito needs the time but Daboll might be doing Taylor a solid for his dedication.

• Agree 1

• Draconator changed the title to Other teams (besides the Broncos) making QB news. Giants, Commanders, and Barkley on Jags
1 hour ago, Gregg said:

That ship has sailed. He's done in Washington. New ownership I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Bill. If I am Bill I don't know if I want that job. They don't have a QB, and both the Eagles and Cowboys are much better teams. Bill probably goes to LAC if anything where he has a better shot to win.

Will he bring McDaniels in as his OC?

Edited by The Jokeman

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree with you. Rivera is “trying” to save his job and is desperate for wins. Tommy Devito 🤌 was a nice story but he was pretty terrible and might not be in the league next year. Daboll’s job is safe but coaches and players still want to win. Those 2 guys give you a much better chance at that. 

personally, I think Taylor and Brissett should be allowed to be traded to a playoff contender team that needs a qb right now. 

12 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Howell regressed, needs a reset button - definitely something to work with there. The Tommy Cutlet experience is taking an intermission. Kid earned a backup contract and a lot of restaurant endorsement deals. Locally he is quite a sensation 

Howell will be the next Gardner/ Fitz. Good in spot starts but gets worst the more he plays. He will have a nice career as a backup but he’s not a starter.

tommy D should milk the pizzerias for money because he’s a borderline nfl qb. 

17 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Howell regressed, needs a reset button - definitely something to work with there. The Tommy Cutlet experience is taking an intermission. Kid earned a backup contract and a lot of restaurant endorsement deals. Locally he is quite a sensation 

lol Tommy Cutlet.. but for an undrafted QB with minimal talent to work with he did pretty well and I agree he earned a backup spot. I also think he hit a wall, which is to be expected and Taylor was the #2 .

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

image.png.d2599f83b1114ab298b3f04fefb8adcd.png

On No, I'm not important again

Disagree, kid did better than anyone had a right to expect. He also is a local kid makes him a sure in for a good backup contract. (Great PR for a meh team)

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

lol Tommy Cutlet.. but for an undrafted QB with minimal talent to work with he did pretty well and I agree he earned a backup spot. I also think he hit a wall, which is to be expected and Taylor was the #2 .

Disagree, kid did better than anyone had a right to expect. He also is a local kid makes him a sure in for a good backup contract. (Great PR for a meh team)

I was joking about his agent. He looks like a caricature 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He averaged 136 yards passing/ game (he’s also 25).  Nice story and he will eat off for a long time but he is a borderline nfl qb (which is still pretty awesome). 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.