Other teams (besides the Broncos) making QB news. Giants, Commanders, Vikings, Barkley to Jags

Draconator

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think Howell will settle into the Minshew career arc. High end back up, good enough to start but not good enough for a team to commit to and build around. He'll be an very solid bridge guy as teams look for their QB of the future. And he will make a ton of cash doing it.

Todd Collins,  Charlie Batch comes to mind.

The biggest prize winner of all was Sam Bradford before they capped money for 1st round picks.  I think he made a whopping 125M or something in those days !!!

Tyrod starting makes sense. Definitely looked better as a team with him under center than DeVito. 

The Howell move is perplexing though. I know they haven’t been winning but aside from his horrible day against Buffalo he’s shown periods of good football. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Todd Collins,  Charlie Batch comes to mind.

The biggest prize winner of all was Sam Bradford before they capped money for 1st round picks.  I think he made a whopping 125M or something in those days !!!

Yeah, him and Stanford definitely were the reasoning for what we have now in the wage scale system. 

Back to back years… 72m for Staff then like 80m for Bradford. 

Following year they added that system for draft picks. Can’t blame them. 

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Bradford was pretty good when he was healthy. He was just always injured 

Pretty good is stretching it on Bradford. He had career high in tds of 21 and 20 tds. I’ve never seen an average player get traded for so much. There was nothing special about Sam except his giant freshman shoulder pads. 

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Pretty good is stretching it on Bradford. He had career high in tds of 21 and 20 tds. I’ve never seen an average player get traded for so much. There was nothing special about Sam except his giant freshman shoulder pads. 

Seriously. Sam Bradford represented everything that's wrong with the NFL's over-infatuation with QBs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.