New England Week

TFBillsfan

14 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Pats are mostly worried about draft position if you read Boston papers.  They are desperate to lose and hope Commodores beat SF.  😃 

I guaran-damn-tee you Belichick doesn’t give a rat’s ass about draft position, and neither do his players.  That stuff is for fans and the media.

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im more worried about Baltimore beating Miami than us beating the Pats.  We will beat the Pats. I want the division.

And I’m very happy the Browns won Thursday night in that regard…if Baltimore loses to Miami then Cleveland could beat them in W18 for the division.

Thus, the Ravens are extra motivated for this game — it is truly for both the division and #1 seed, and they could lose both if they falter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

29 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Pats are mostly worried about draft position if you read Boston papers.  They are desperate to lose and hope Commodores beat SF.  😃 

Not the players. They celebrated beating the Broncos like they had won a playoff game. Zappe is playing to be the starter next year and Belichick would like nothing more than to win some meaningless games on his way out of the door to stick it to Kraft. Every single layer on that team is playing for a contract. I expect the Bills to get the Pats best effort. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Not the players. They celebrated beating the Broncos like they had won a playoff game. Zappe is playing to be the starter next year and Belichick would like nothing more than to win some meaningless games on his way out of the door to stick it to Kraft. Every single layer on that team is playing for a contract. I expect the Bills to get the Pats best effort. 

The Pats best effort ain't enough.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I guaran-damn-tee you Belichick doesn’t give a rat’s ass about draft position, and neither do his players.  That stuff is for fans and the media.

And I’m very happy the Browns won Thursday night in that regard…if Baltimore loses to Miami then Cleveland could beat them in W18 for the division.

Thus, the Ravens are extra motivated for this game — it is truly for both the division and #1 seed, and they could lose both if they falter.

All true, BUT… if there is any team with worse season-ending play when everything is on the line, it’s Miami. Neither win when the need to.

On 12/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, Simon said:

Today was a walk-through.

Even when Jones does get back on the field, he's just not going to be the same guy we saw at the beginning of the year.

True enough, but I suspect we will see a flash or two…,

11 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Mac Jones went 25 for 30 for 300 and 2tds 0 ints... literally the game of his career. We pissed down our leg the whole game and still should have won. I dont see Zappe repeating that performance, nor do I see the Bills repeating that horrendous performance at home. Easy win. 

In the 2-3 weeks previous we'd lost 2-3 of our best starters on defense, I don't think we're in the same situation of trying to figure out how to patch the gaping holes leaking in that ship.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:18 PM, Ray Stonada said:

I would say Josh can’t throw quick screens but the WR screen used to work well with John Brown. He had that sudden burst which made it work.

screen passes oddly have not been a strong point for Josh, even with Brown it only worked occasionally, the offense as a whole doesn’t set them up well and our opponents see it coming…

GO BILLS!!!

Can we send Dalton on some medium and deep routes already?  The dude is a mismatch, being relegated to catching 4 yard dump offs.  We traded up for more than 4 yards and a patch of dust.  Man- send Cook and Dalton out same time- how is a team supposed to cover when Bills O pieces are used optimally?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

screen passes oddly have not been a strong point for Josh, even with Brown it only worked occasionally, the offense as a whole doesn’t set them up well and our opponents see it coming…

GO BILLS!!!

Eric Wood talked about this...how when he was our C under Chan Gailey where the screen game worked well, he said the team spent a lot of time practicing them to get the timing down

It's not necessarily on Josh at all, though it's been true since before he was drafted that the short throws to the flat have been the most troublesome for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Eric Wood talked about this...how when he was our C under Chan Gailey where the screen game worked well, he said the team spent a lot of time practicing them to get the timing down

It's not necessarily on Josh at all, though it's been true since before he was drafted that the short throws to the flat have been the most troublesome for him.

It’s a combination of play set up, and execution on the player’s behalf, practicing the concept would of course be beneficial, at this point it is what it is, 

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

In the 2-3 weeks previous we'd lost 2-3 of our best starters on defense, I don't think we're in the same situation of trying to figure out how to patch the gaping holes leaking in that ship.

Correct.  And it wasn't just those 2-3 starters.

On DL we had Settle, Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, and Kendal Vickers.  We released Vickers shortly after that game.

At LB we had Bernard and Dorian Williams, followed by Dodson.   The young LB got totally played by Belicheck.

At DB we had Jackson and Benford

I feel a lot better about a DL of Big Ed and DaQuan, even if we do see a lot of Settle and Ford.  I also feel better about Rasul Douglas and Benford.  At LB, both Dodson and Williams have developed and improved since that game and Bernard has no game-day status so we'll hope we're good to go on D

My biggest concern is that Belicheck is going to treat this as his Superbowl and pull out ALL the stops with trickery and deception.

7 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Bourne tore ACL and is on IR.  And Ju Ju Smith Schuster will miss 3rd game in a row due to ankle injury.

Yes, I missed Bourne tearing his ACL.  The OP to which I responded was asking  with TikTok Boy out, who the Cheats** had at receiver.

My point was even if they had him, he hasn't been very productive to them.

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s a combination of play set up, and execution on the player’s behalf, practicing the concept would of course be beneficial, at this point it is what it is, 

The point is, on a screen play, timing is key; individual player execution can't make it work, they need to practice together.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KCNC said:

The way I look at it is, if the Bills can't win that game tomorrow, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.  They need to be all business tomorrow.

I still don’t get this…the chiefs absolutely should’ve lost to the 4-11 drew lock led broncos in week 17 last year but got immensely lucky that the broncos had a fumble six in the red zone and they ended up winning the Super Bowl 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Correct.  And it wasn't just those 2-3 starters.

On DL we had Settle, Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, and Kendal Vickers.  We released Vickers shortly after that game.

At LB we had Bernard and Dorian Williams, followed by Dodson.   The young LB got totally played by Belicheck.

At DB we had Jackson and Benford

I feel a lot better about a DL of Big Ed and DaQuan, even if we do see a lot of Settle and Ford.  I also feel better about Rasul Douglas and Benford.  At LB, both Dodson and Williams have developed and improved since that game and Bernard has no game-day status so we'll hope we're good to go on D

My biggest concern is that Belicheck is going to treat this as his Superbowl and pull out ALL the stops with trickery and deception.

Yes, I missed Bourne tearing his ACL.  The OP to which I responded was asking  with TikTok Boy out, who the Cheats** had at receiver.

My point was even if they had him, he hasn't been very productive to them.

The point is, on a screen play, timing is key; individual player execution can't make it work, they need to practice together.

It’s all those things, execution by the players is what makes and breaks a well set up practiced play. 

11 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Mac Jones went 25 for 30 for 300 and 2tds 0 ints... literally the game of his career. We pissed down our leg the whole game and still should have won. I dont see Zappe repeating that performance, nor do I see the Bills repeating that horrendous performance at home. Easy win. 

It was those defensive injuries from the jags game…we were the 32nd ranked dvoa defense in that 4 game stretch 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.