Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Who cares what "everybody" (national NFL talking heads) is saying. I don't look to the Cowherd's & Nick Wright's of the world for validation of the Bills.

And if you remember back 2021 when the Bills did get HOT and were on a roll at the end of that season they had a couple of clunky wins against the Jets & Falcons. And those sloppy wins came after their great win at NE in week 15.

Yeah, didn’t we really struggle to beat Carolina? I think Josh had like 3 picks then 

7 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

On a short week we flew to the West coast, turned the ball over 3 times, and still found a way to win.  Celebrate the victory! On the New England.

Exactly this! We had 4 full days off. They had 8 full days off. We flew for 5 hours. We won. OH YEAH BABYYYY!

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Most important game of the season and the Bills beat a team that just fired their HC/GM, and missing their starting QB, #1/#2WR, C, and starting DE by 2 points.  This is the same ***** we pulled against the Dolphins in the playoffs last year.  McD rarely has this team ready to play.  They are the dumbest, most undisciplined team in the league.  I don’t care what happens the remainder of this season, I will never be sold on McDingus as the HC.

Happy Festivus! It's good you got your "Airing of Grievances" in just before the midnight deadline.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

It would sure be nice to be peaking going into the playoffs. I dunno what's up with Josh this season but I hope he deals with whatever mental crap he's got going on and remembers how to string positive games together. His ball placement last night was very poor. Yes, it's nice to win a game we would have lost earlier in the season but I don't like playing down to the competition - we have losses to the Pats and Jets for cripes sake. 

That said, it's really nice to be going into Christmas with a win.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Maybe some x o guys could chime in as I really would like to understand the protection on the last throw. Torrence seems to be moving over to help Morse? I see a hand signal from Brown maybe indicating he is going to pick his guy up? But that leaves Mack with a free rush to Josh..

I can explain

Brown gave the hand signal that he was going to do his vintage “Ole’!” block.

That’s where he stands there like a traffic cone while rushers blow by him on either side and he blocks nobody. It would be a insult to turnstiles to describe Brown as one.

IDK, I’ve been hearing how improved he’s been but in this game he was god awful and not just on that play. He was getting toasted in pass protection constantly.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Brian Billick.  Does that count?

😂Almost.

22 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

It would sure be nice to be peaking going into the playoffs. I dunno what's up with Josh this season but I hope he deals with whatever mental crap he's got going on and remembers how to string positive games together. His ball placement last night was very poor. Yes, it's nice to win a game we would have lost earlier in the season but I don't like playing down to the competition - we have losses to the Pats and Jets for cripes sake. 

That said, it's really nice to be going into Christmas with a win.

His right shoulder is dinged up.

He is fighting through that injury.

The man has guts. 

And you never hear him use that nagging injury as an excuse.

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Exactly this! We had 4 full days off. They had 8 full days off. We flew for 5 hours. We won. OH YEAH BABYYYY!

They flew for 5 hours... boy their arms must be tired.

That's a piss poor excuse. Flying domestically shouldn't ever matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Bills o line wearing white gloves? Jeesh, they just scream “look at my hands” against those blue jerseys. And surely helped draw those critical holding penalties. Mitch Morse’s one was where I thought that as an inside lineman, if he had blue gloves on, no way do the refs see / call that.

I noticed several DBs wearing blue gloves that blended in.

TBH you're probably right as the contrast of the white gloves on the Charger blue was stark but by the same token the officials missed several obvious holds by the Chargers oline and defense on the Bills and some of those were by Chargers players wearing YELLOW gloves, even more obvious! 

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think it’s a lot higher than that with the cincy loss tonight and around 80% if Cleveland beats Houston tomorrow 

Yup, NYT playoff simulator has the Bills at 80% right now before any other games. 37% chance to win the division, which based on the Dolphins track record of both not beating good teams this year and December fades for decades is more like 90% for me, IMO.

After today's games the Bills will likely be around a 75% chance considering the following teams winning: Colts, Browns, Jags, Cowboys, Broncos.

Cowboys win pushes the odds of the Bills winning the division to around 50-50.

24 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They flew for 5 hours... boy their arms must be tired.

That's a piss poor excuse. Flying domestically shouldn't ever matter. 

Really?  Then why do West Coast teams have a notoriously poor record at 1pm Eastern games on the East Coast over many decades?

Edited by Big Turk

37 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yup, NYT playoff simulator has the Bills at 80% right now before any other games. 37% chance to win the division, which based on the Dolphins track record of both not beating good teams this year and December fades for decades is more like 90% for me, IMO.

After today's games the Bills will likely be around a 75% chance considering the following teams winning: Colts, Browns, Jags, Cowboys, Broncos.

Cowboys win pushes the odds of the Bills winning the division to around 50-50.

Really?  Then why do West Coast teams have a notoriously poor record at 1pm Eastern games on the East Coast over many decades?

What's the record? Matchups? 

Historically, the home teams win more often.  Refs gave home teams the advantage. 

I just read an interesting stat, that since replay was instituted, home team win % has decreased significantly. 

And the Bills did win yesterday. 

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Name me a successful coach that didn't have a quality quarterback.

Keep trying.

Kevin Stefanski?

Dick Jauron with the Bears when they went 13-3?

Tampa Bay under Gruden when they won the Super Bowl?

Washington Redskins with Doug Williams?

NY Giants with Jeff Hostetler?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.