Peacock subscription question ( Bills game related)

Steptide

30 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It is getting insane the length to which they are attempting to squeeze every penny out of customers. And then they are going to be shocked when people either go back to cable or use...let's call it "crowd sharing streaming servers"

This is a significant problem in the TV space period.  It is very easy to get a VPN and find a reliable stream today.   There seems to be no way to stop it, instead they charge those willing to pay more to cover it.

4 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

With the Thursday night games on Prime the game is available the next day on the NFL Network (I believe), always. 

Will the same be true for this game as well?

Should be, I just looked at my NFL+ and can see all this past weekend's games listed, including last night's MNF. 

6 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

With the Thursday night games on Prime the game is available the next day on the NFL Network (I believe), always. 

Will the same be true for this game as well?

I've decided I'm not rewarding this behavior by buying another service. I'm either pirating it live, or more likely, enjoying my day doing other things knowing the NFL network will replay this game within the week and I can watch it on services for which I am already paying a ridiculous amount of money.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

After years of using [redacted for legal purposes] services with janky streams, pop up ads and possible computer viruses I swore that I would pay real money the first chance I would get for a safe, reliable and unquestionably legal streaming service.

And I have had no issue with the YT service itself. But the conditions on which games it chooses to show make it unusable for me.

Check your PMs

40 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I did sign up for Peacock on Black Friday, just for this game, when they were running the $2.99/month special.

Question: How do I get the video from either my Samsung tablet or my Apple IPad to my big screen TV?

I know with my iphone I can screen mirror it right to my tv. I'd assume an iPad would have that, but your tv has to support it too.  It is right on the pull down menu on my phone, looks like two squares, one in front of the other.

There are supposed to be limitations to what it will do (like, it shouldn't do youtube and some other apps as they want you using the app)...but I have yet to find anything it won't mirror.

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I did sign up for Peacock on Black Friday, just for this game, when they were running the $2.99/month special.

Question: How do I get the video from either my Samsung tablet or my Apple IPad to my big screen TV?

Bob, do you have a smart TV? There is an app for Peacock on there

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, chongli said:

The second WC game on Saturday primetime Jan. 20 is on Peacock only. Still falls in 30 days of the Buffalo game 12/23, so only one month is needed.

Thanks, Chongli, this is what I wanted to know.  I will wait until Friday to sign up for Peacock, so I get both!

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

So can I watch this game on YouTube TV? I do have the live version and SundayTix.

Pretty sure (but cannot confirm) that the answer is no.  

I bought a year peacock sub back in June for $20 after I saw our game was peacock only and one of the WC games was as well.  Have a funky feeling that we’ll be peacock only if we play WC weekend 

• Dislike 1

I have had Peacock for a few years now. The steaming quality for NFL games is terrible. When I stream shows and movies it is great. I have fast internet and a new high end LG television. Amazon has good quality NFL streams as does ESPN, Paramount and NFL Network. Sometimes on Peacock I have to exit the game and get back on it to clear it up for a few minutes, then repeat. I have even had to go to an illegal stream to watch the games even though I paid to watch the streams legally. I have told Peacock this several times and they don't care. My cell phone and tablet stream fine on Peacock.

6 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

is your TV a smart TV ? if so you can either find the peacock app for the smart TV or screen mirror it from the iPad as long as TV supports airplay.  otherwise try a HDMI interface from the iPad to the TV

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

is your TV a smart TV ? if so you can either find the peacock app for the smart TV or screen mirror it from the iPad as long as TV supports airplay.  otherwise try a HDMI interface from the iPad to the TV

I have used the HDMI interface route and it works great. Picture quality is very good. However, some sites, like I believe NFL Network, block the casting of the stream, so be aware that might happen with the game on Peacock. 

13 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I have used the HDMI interface route and it works great. Picture quality is very good. However, some sites, like I believe NFL Network, block the casting of the stream, so be aware that might happen with the game on Peacock. 

Not sure how they block the cast but screen mirroring with iPad to appletv gets around that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.