Gabe's momma chimes in

Process

Wow, a mom stands up for our kid, who is about to get the contract of his life time! How does anyone get mad at her for it? I’m sure there are a bunch of losers who harassed for daring to speak up for her son! 

Davis isn’t a legit 2. It’s prettt clear. But he has been a helluva a 4th round pick; has had some really big moments in clutch spots; blocks his butt off (a lot of wrs won’t do this); and is so respected he’s a captain while not being a star. Why people hate on the dude is weird to me. All the receivers production has fallen off since Brady has been the OC. It’s been a different offense. I haven’t Gabe say a word but with receivers, stats is a big part of their salaries so I can see the frustration. 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What's funny is NFL Live was discussing the Bills/Cowboys game.

According to whoever was on there, Gabe Davis in the last 5 games has a 36% catch percentage...by far the worst in the league in that stretch.

Guys who go further down field have lower catch % than say a slot guy. 

not saying Gabe has the best hands but his targets are a lot more difficult than say Cole Beasley’s were.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, a mom stands up for our kid, who is about to get the contract of his life time! How does anyone get mad at her for it? I’m sure there are a bunch of losers who harassed for daring to speak up for her son! 

Davis isn’t a legit 2. It’s prettt clear. But he has been a helluva a 4th round pick; has had some really big moments in clutch spots; blocks his butt off (a lot of wrs won’t do this); and is so respected he’s a captain while not being a star. Why people hate on the dude is weird to me. All the receivers production has fallen off since Brady has been the OC. It’s been a different offense. I haven’t Gabe say a word but with receivers, stats is a big part of their salaries so I can see the frustration. 

Guys who go further down field have lower catch % than say a slot guy. 

not saying Gabe has the best hands but his targets are a lot more difficult than say Cole Beasley’s were.

I know your take is emotionally fueled by being a single mama's boy but the reality is that nothing good can come of a family member being critical of their grown relative's employer. 

Only bad.

Which, makes it a dumb thing to do.  

Always.

If she got an internet fight out of it.......well she played a stupid game and won stupid prizes.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

To be fair you claimed his lack of production was Allens fault so I'm not sure we should be big braining rn😂😂

not quite...I said he should look more to Davis than he has recently instead of Diggs, who is struggling.  Crazy, right?

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mentioned that because you are claiming he needs more targets.  My claim is there's a reason why they aren't looking his way.

Because Diggs is a proven commodity and a threat.  Even in a skid, he would still be dangerous and accounted for.  Diggs is who the defensive coordinators worry about, not Davis.  I agree with that Bengals defensive back that said Davis runs 3 routes and that's it.

My point is an average #2 doesn't deserve more targets.  We have better options to go to elsewhere.  He will still have his big chunk plays here and there which he's good for but he needs to be our #4 option behind Diggs, Kincaid and Shakir...maybe Knox.

Its because if he's a limited route tree guy with not much YAC ability, you better be at least a great possession WR which he's not.  That's why the catch % comes in.

74% of Davis's catches this year are for 1st downs.  Over his 4 years, 76% of his catches resulted in first downs.  93% of his catches have resulted in 1st downs or TDs.

Knox?  lol, come on...

13 hours ago, H2o said:

I summarized it all for you. Fairly simple to understand for those with a 5th grade reading comprehension or better. I also outlined the difference between Diggs and Davis in the 2 games you were trying to use as a banner for your "Gabe deserves more targets" crusade. Your defense of this JAG, supposed #2 WR has more holes than your Gabe Davis underoos. Don't act like you weren't advocating for him now. 

lol...that's pretty good.

But you're right, I'm clearly not posting at a 5th grade level or below, so I can see why others are struggling.  

13 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Cooper Kupp catches everything...

He's not walking through that door Sunday...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

not quite...I said he should look more to Davis than he has recently instead of Diggs, who is struggling.  Crazy, right?

74% of Davis's catches this year are for 1st downs.  Over his 4 years, 76% of his catches resulted in first downs.  93% of his catches have resulted in 1st downs or TDs.

Knox?  lol, come on...

lol...that's pretty good.

But you're right, I'm clearly not posting at a 5th grade level or below, so I can see why others are struggling.  

He's not walking through that door Sunday...

44% of the time he’s targeted the ball hits the ground. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

44% of the time he’s targeted the ball hits the ground. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

and 90% of those were not dropped balls....

he should move a lot closer to the QB so his catch % can be 84.7.  he could be yet another Bills 4 yard route runner.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he should move a lot closer to the QB so his catch % can be 84.7.  he could be yet another Bills 4 yard route runner.

Give it up Weo. He couldn't get open quick enough closer to the QB. Ray Charles could see Gabe Davis is a JAG, who struggles to separate, has had drop issues, mental lapses, and is about as consistent as NFL officiating in 2023. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Give it up Weo. He couldn't get open quick enough closer to the QB. Ray Charles could see Gabe Davis is a JAG, who struggles to separate, has had drop issues, mental lapses, and is about as consistent as NFL officiating in 2023. 

his drop rate is half of Diggs's.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Knox?  lol, come on...

You will slant any stat to make Gabe look good lol.  

Great.....76% of his catches are first downs.  How many in total?  That's 29 and puts him like 50th in the league.

When a girl asks how big your d*** is, do you use centimeters because the numbers are bigger?

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Excuses

How is that an excuse? It’s a fact. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/receiving-catch-rate

Zach Moss catches the ball at almost 30% higher than Diggs. That’s a great stat right???

davis isn’t a good enough number 2. We can all agree on that. But using catch % to justify that is flat out stupid 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Great.....76% of his catches are first downs.  How many in total?  That's 29 and puts him like 50th in the league.

When a girl asks how big your d*** is, do you use centimeters because the numbers are bigger?

Fun fact: Gabe Davis, who hasn’t completed his 4th year yet, has more tds through 4 seasons than Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, and Stefon Diggs! 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fun fact: Gabe Davis, who hasn’t completed his 4th year yet, has more tds through 4 seasons than Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, and Stefon Diggs! 

Is this thread turning into a cherry picking Gabe Davis stat page?  Especially two players in a much different era.

Fun fact: Charles Clay had more receptions than James Lofton in their 3 seasons with the Bills.  That's proof he wasn't a FA bust right?

How about this?  The Bills have thrown the ball the 3rd most in the league behind the Chargers and Chiefs.  Gabe Davis is not even in the top 50 in receptions.

Do you see how cherry picking gets nowhere?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I havent "slanted" a single stat.  In fact with each stat I've given, your "catch%" ship has taken on more water.

realizing your are about to drown, you resort to personal attacks that aren't even clever.

keep swinging, I enjoy the breeze...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is all you need to know about why Gabe will NEVER be a high catch % player..........regardless of how you target him.

The man simply has bad hands.    

I give him a lot of credit for getting to where he's at considering that he might have the hardest hands of any WR in the league.   Clapping at the ball is his adjustment to not being able to give the ball a soft landing spot with quiet hands like most receivers can..........but that technique will always lead to a relatively high % of passes going uncaught.    

It's especially hard to execute in contested catch situations.........which is why he's so hopeless if DB's are physical with him close to the catch point or even if they just disrupt his route a few steps before the ball arrives.    

As a result his game is go's, posts and comebacks..........can't have passes bouncing off his hands and into traffic on short routes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I havent "slanted" a single stat.  In fact with each stat I've given, your "catch%" ship has taken on more water.

realizing your are about to drown, you resort to personal attacks that aren't even clever.

keep swinging, I enjoy the breeze...

I'm sorry, using certain stats to slant the view of a player.  That is better worded.

I didn't personally attack you, I was making a joke.  

I am drowning?  I think you're more intelligent to understand cherry picking isn't a strong argument.  It's the entire body of work and his isn't impressive.

He isn't a speed guy, yac guy, contested catch guy, separator etc....  If you don't have that, you should at least be more reliable with your hands to be real value.  

Allen and Brady seem to thinks so too but maybe they don't know certain stats about Davis?  

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm sorry, using certain stats to slant the view of a player.  That is better worded.

I didn't personally attack you, I was making a joke.  

I am drowning?  I think you're more intelligent to understand cherry picking isn't a strong argument.  It's the entire body of work and his isn't impressive.

He isn't a speed guy, yac guy, contested catch guy, separator etc....  If you don't have that, you should at least be more reliable with your hands to be real value.  

Allen and Brady seem to thinks so too but maybe they don't know certain stats about Davis?  

I havent cherry picked.  I have mentioned his increased total yards each year.  I have mentioned productivity (1st downs, TDs), I have mentioned his productivity with more targets, I've mentioned his decreased drop rate (as Diggs's goes up), I've compared his high target game production to Diggs's, I've compared his catch rates to multiple WR1 currently playing in the league.

you have catch % and "entire body" as if it does not include the data i have mentioned.  ok.

What is it about Diggs's stats over the last 2 months have guided Josh to continuously target a less and less effective Diggs? Why not take his targets down and throw a lot more to Shakir--rising star right?  Why not send Kincaid downfield instead over over the LOS/turn/catch/get tackled?  How about Knox (talk about a guy who with stone hands!)? What don't they get?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I havent cherry picked.  I have mentioned his increased total yards each year.  I have mentioned productivity (1st downs, TDs), I have mentioned his productivity with more targets, I've mentioned his decreased drop rate (as Diggs's goes up), I've compared his high target game production to Diggs's, I've compared his catch rates to multiple WR1 currently playing in the league.

you have catch % and "entire body" as if it does not include the data i have mentioned.  ok.

What is it about Diggs's stats over the last 2 months have guided Josh to continuously target a less and less effective Diggs? Why not take his targets down and throw a lot more to Shakir--rising star right?  Why not send Kincaid downfield instead over over the LOS/turn/catch/get tackled?  How about Knox (talk about a guy who with stone hands!)? What don't they get?

Come one man.

1st downs, you're using percentage to make it look like its great production.  He has 29 first downs this year, 46th in the league and behind Justin Jefferson who has missed about 5 games this year.  You see how certain stats will slant a view.  So yes, this is cherry picking.  Yes it includes your data but there is other data that slants it differently.

Dawson Stone Hands Knox has catch % is 10 points higher than Davis.

Why are you asking me?  I'm not Allen or Brady.  Why do you think they have taken Davis pretty much out of the game plan?  Is there a reason?  Are they not seeing something that you are?

Yeah, you're right.  Since we have taken Davis out of the game plan, we aren't scoring?  Is it not working or something?

Most people have agreed with your opinion in this thread.

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Come one man.

1st downs, you're using percentage to make it look like its great production.  He has 29 first downs this year, 46th in the league and behind Justin Jefferson who has missed about 5 games this year.  You see how certain stats will slant a view.  So yes, this is cherry picking.  Yes it includes your data but there is other data that slants it differently.

Why are you asking me?  I'm not Allen or Brady.  Why do you think they have taken Davis pretty much out of the game plan?  Is there a reason?  Are they not seeing something that you are?

Yeah, you're right.  Since we have taken Davis out of the game plan, we aren't scoring?  Is it not working or something?

If you are going to compare him to the best WR in the NFL, then yeah, he's going to come up short.  That's a fantastic point. 

"Why ask me? I'm not Allen or Brady"....after you repeatedly ask me why Allen and  Brady aren't going to Gabe.  That's pretty funny. 

Anyway. Catch % again--how many times can one pick the same cherry?!  So Knox has better hands than Cooper, OBJ, DHop, Ridley, Kupp, Adams right?  Am I doing catch % right?  His massive 18 catches in 8 games (dropping 4 of his other 13 targets)--this is a solid receiver's output? 

Is forcing throws to a slumping Diggs the best plan for the passing Offense in your assessment (i.e., you agree with Brady's doing this the past 2 months)?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you are going to compare him to the best WR in the NFL, then yeah, he's going to come up short.  That's a fantastic point. 

"Why ask me? I'm not Allen or Brady"....after you repeatedly ask me why Allen and  Brady aren't going to Gabe.  That's pretty funny. 

Anyway. Catch % again--how many times can one pick the same cherry?!  So Knox has better hands than Cooper, OBJ, DHop, Ridley, Kupp, Adams right?  Am I doing catch % right?  His massive 18 catches in 8 games (dropping 4 of his other 13 targets)--this is a solid receiver's output? 

Is forcing throws to a slumping Diggs the best plan for the passing Offense in your assessment (i.e., you agree with Brady's doing this the past 2 months)?

I compared it because Jefferson has missed 6 (not 5) games.  I'm not comparing him overall.  He's behind a guy who has missed half the season.

I'm not asking you for the answer.  Its a question to show that there must be a reason.  

I'm only using the cherry picking stats to show you they mean nothing.  I even said there are ways to slant a view with certain stats and gave examples like this.

You show a stat, I show it a different way.  That's the purpose lol.

Nice job picking this simple thing up.

Weo having a lot of people arguing against his opinion...no way!

Dying on the hill for Gabe Davis lol.  

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I compared it because Jefferson has missed 6 (not 5) games.  I'm not comparing him overall.  He's behind a guy who has missed half the season.

I'm not asking you for the answer.  Its a question to show that there must be a reason.  

I'm only using the cherry picking stats to show you they mean nothing.  I even said there are ways to slant a view with certain stats and gave examples like this.

If I was techie enough right now I’d make a Scooby-Doo meme, the one where they rip off the mask. Only to find Gabe Davis face underneath.

To be honest, he should be looking up how many first downs he gets per target. Jmo. An incompletion is a wasted play that he wants to just give Davis a mulligan for. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’ll say. Lol

look I get there are a lot of you “derpa derpa catch%!!” guys here.

take safety in numbers as they say…

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is this thread turning into a cherry picking Gabe Davis stat page?  Especially two players in a much different era.

Fun fact: Charles Clay had more receptions than James Lofton in their 3 seasons with the Bills.  That's proof he wasn't a FA bust right?

How about this?  The Bills have thrown the ball the 3rd most in the league behind the Chargers and Chiefs.  Gabe Davis is not even in the top 50 in receptions.

Do you see how cherry picking gets nowhere?

Yeah, I was being serious but people are using catch % against him which is super dumb. 

davis isn’t as bad as some make him out to be and isn’t a legit 2nd wr. Can we just all agree on that? 

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’ll say. Lol

look I get there are a lot of you “derpa derpa catch%!!” guys here.

take safety in numbers as they say…

"derpa derpa 1st down %"  

81st in the league in catches.  "But those 2 first downs on game average means he's better than everyone thinks he is!"

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I was being serious but people are using catch % against him which is super dumb. 

davis isn’t as bad as some make him out to be and isn’t a legit 2nd wr. Can we just all agree on that? 

Yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"derpa derpa 1st down %"  

81st in the league in catches.  "But those 2 first downs on game average means he's better than everyone thinks he is!"

Yes.

Glad we could come to some compromise. We need to get better at number 2 (though kincaid might our number 2 anyways).

Volume catches isn’t Gabe’s role and might not be the next Nimber 2 wr’s either. Diggs and Kincaid will get the volume. I want to eventually have a guy to replace Diggs but as long as he is on the team, the number 2 receiver should be a big play threat like Davis is every 3 games (3 catches for like 90 and a td). 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is all you need to know about why Gabe will NEVER be a high catch % player..........regardless of how you target him.

The man simply has bad hands.    

I give him a lot of credit for getting to where he's at considering that he might have the hardest hands of any WR in the league.   Clapping at the ball is his adjustment to not being able to give the ball a soft landing spot with quiet hands like most receivers can..........but that technique will always lead to a relatively high % of passes going uncaught.    

It's especially hard to execute in contested catch situations.........which is why he's so hopeless if DB's are physical with him close to the catch point or even if they just disrupt his route a few steps before the ball arrives.    

As a result his game is go's, posts and comebacks..........can't have passes bouncing off his hands and into traffic on short routes.

Clapping is a McD fundamental. Gabe is doing great. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why is catch % dumb? It is giving you an idea of how many plays have ended with no productivity when he’s being targeted. It’s crazy not to look at it in a game of inches. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Come one man.

First I don't care what his standings sre in 1st downs in the league.  How many 1st downs does he account for for the team. Is his 29 amongst team leaders or lagging in the low end?  What he does for the team is more important to me than fantasy stats.  

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Why is catch % dumb? It is giving you an idea of how many plays have ended with no productivity when he’s being targeted. It’s crazy not to look at it in a game of inches. 

I posted it earlier in the thread. They don’t factor in depth of target or how contested the catch is. Thus, the leaders in this category are all RBs.

unless you think Zach Moss is 30% better at catching a football than Diggs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.