Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

Maybe someone in the press should ask both Reid and Mahomes who this compares to the very questionable holding call on Philly late in the Super Bowl that gave them that game. Very little contact and they called it,  this was clear as day that Toney had his foot pass the line of scrimmage and they called it.  

11 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No doubt I'll get hammered for this take but....

1. O-line got mauled.

2. D-line fell off the cliff again in the second half. Zero sacks.

3. Receivers MIA.

Pyrrhic victory. We're not threatening the top teams with this level of play.

We just beat a top team who happens to be the Super Bowl champions, led by Mahomes, in KC and them coming off a loss in which they’ve never lost back to back games with Mahomes at the helm.   What are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

QB play was certainly hectic in the second half. 

For sure. I was wondering from an Xs and Os standpoint what happened. The Bills O looked pretty good in the first half. Mixing up the run and pass. Making lots of plays. The oline held up pretty well. 

In the second half, Allen was under constant duress. The Bills seemed out of sync and in scramble mode. Cook seemed to disappear and I remember lots of WR screens that were ineffective. The Bills WRs were almost non existent. 

I would welcome input. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Maybe someone in the press should ask both Reid and Mahomes who this compares to the very questionable holding call on Philly late in the Super Bowl that gave them that game. Very little contact and they called it,  this was clear as day that Toney had his foot pass the line of scrimmage and they called it.  

lol yesterday the calls went in the Bills favor. I do believe they were due for some ref love?  I mean they saw a half a foot off side but missed half of Avon Millers body being offside on 4th and 15.  That is how it goes sometimes you get the calls others you don’t. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

We just beat a top team who happens to be the Super Bowl champions, led by Mahomes, in KC and them coming off a loss in which they’ve never lost back to back games with Mahomes at the helm.   What are you talking about? 

I can see it both ways here. The Bills certainly don't look like the dominant team of the past. However, they are dangerous and capable of going on a huge run. Hope it's not too late. I'm happy next week is a meaningful game. 

The AFC seems more wide open then ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

For sure. I was wondering from an Xs and Os standpoint what happened. The Bills O looked pretty good in the first half. Mixing up the run and pass. Making lots of plays. The oline held up pretty well. 

In the second half, Allen was under constant duress. The Bills seemed out of sync and in scramble mode. Cook seemed to disappear and I remember lots of WR screens that were ineffective. The Bills WRs were almost non existent. 

I would welcome input. 

Spagnuolo adjusted.  His adjustments were more effective than Brady’s. 

That said, I never felt like KC was dictating the game on either end in the way that we did in the first half.  If this game was in Buffalo, we blow their doors off. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

lol yesterday the calls went in the Bills favor. I do believe they were due for some ref love?  I mean they saw a half a foot off side but missed half of Avon Millers body being offside on 4th and 15.  That is how it goes sometimes you get the calls others you don’t. 

Miller wasn’t Offside, stop falling for the crybaby whataboutism from chiefs fans. the blue line isn’t official. the angle exaggerated his position and that snap was after the ball was snapped. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, BRH said:

Spagnuolo adjusted.  His adjustments were more effective than Brady’s. 

That said, I never felt like KC was dictating the game on either end in the way that we did in the first half.  If this game was in Buffalo, we blow their doors off. 

Perhaps. I did feel like the Chiefs D was dictating and manhandling the Bills O in the second half. It seemed like the Bills O had little to counter the Chiefs adjustments. I saw Allen with his cape on that was the difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ugly boy Dunne and his hit piece days ago and McDermotts D responds with a phenomenal performance in Arrowhead..

Apparently a bunch of players held a meeting telling McD they love him and got his back etc.. 

And 40 actually had an impact, idk if he had any sacks but he def had some pressures. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As a McD detractor who doesnt want him as our HC, I say "Good for McD tonight".

He may be a bad communicator, and socially awkward, and lacking skills to be successful in situational football, but he doesnt deserve to be the butt of a national joke, or considered a terrorist sympathizer.

That said, he's lucky that Toney is such a ***** up because this was a CLASSIC MCD game: jump out to a lead with a hot O. Get conservative. Let them back in. "Keep it close". Then lose it on the last possession.

100% i am glad we won because he doesn't deserve the treatment he got.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

His entire body was covering and over the ball.  

8 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Seemed like the bills went back to a lot of 12 with Knox back in the lineup.

I hope they go back to 11 with more Shakir.

Josh is straight up a better QB with spread 11, vs 12 personnel condensed 

There has be to a happy medium. I saw Kincaid on the outside one play, maybe we can do more of that.

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I would welcome input. 

we didn't run enough in 2nd half. Close game, no need to throw 40 times

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I worry about our 2 min defense still. Minus that offside penalty, that Kelce lateral would've counted. Sure, maybe Allen leads a td drive and we still win, but still worries me

I hear you and this is valid. However, I'm not even going here right now. For me, it was all about getting a win and keeping the playoffs hopes alive. 

Despite everything, this is a great win for the Bills. Truthfully, I didn't expect a win pre game or as it was playing out. Happy to be wrong. 

Bottom line is the team is still alive and has another huge game and challenge vs Dallas. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I worry about our 2 min defense still. Minus that offside penalty, that Kelce lateral would've counted. Sure, maybe Allen leads a td drive and we still win, but still worries me

I kinda feel the same but then I say to myself "on the other hand, penalties are part of the game."  It's not like penalties have not cost us on a game winning drive or game ending drive before.  They still had a 2nd and 15 so 3 shots get get 15 yards. If they would have even gotten 5 yards they probably could have tried a FG kick to tie.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.